THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Final weekend to think over possible picks. If you are still interested, let's hear your final pitch.

I have been molded by Bethpage and have set a PB on the red course. And I need to redeem myself after last years Olde Stonewall.

So what's the over/under on the amount of sleep the captains will be getting this weekend?

My guess would be plenty. I'm sure they've had short list long before today.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So what's the over/under on the amount of sleep the captains will be getting this weekend?

While the deadline is looming, I think the real anxiety was in the time around original selections. Not having ANY idea who was going to be chosen, then having to pare down lists and such.

I slept like a baby last night. And will likely do the same all weekend. But that's not any indication of how tough it is to make the selections.

While the deadline is looming, I think the real anxiety was in the time around original selections. Not having ANY idea who was going to be chosen, then having to pare down lists and such.

I slept like a baby last night. And will likely do the same all weekend. But that's not any indication of how tough it is to make the selections.

Fair points guys. And just know that no matter who you pick, your teams & regions have your backs 100%

50 degrees tomorrow baby! Grind in full effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair points guys. And just know that no matter who you pick, your teams & regions have your backs 100%

Totally true

Can't wait until Monday. Being able to play and practice thru this winter has the game on point. While I'm not anxious or nervous it would be exciting to get the nod. I'll sleep like a babe either way and support team NY/NJ even though I didn't see NJ on the hat. I understand though, there probably was a tax to put it on there. ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Really excited at the possibility of paying for team NY/NJ. Looking forward to meeting so many of the people I've been reading for so long. I know adding me to the roster is a tough choice since none of you know me or my game...this would be the way to find out! Whether picked or not, I'll be following and rooting for my team.

I'm heading out the door for a weekend away, so the next time I get on will probably be Monday morning. Good luck to everyone after one of the remaining spots. No matter who gets picked, Im sure they'll do their best to grind out a win and have a blast in the process.

Final weekend to think over possible picks. If you are still interested, let's hear your final pitch.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to be on the team, but I know you have a lot of good choices and like I said earlier in this thread whether playing or not won't stop be from being apart of the team one way or another. You have a lot of good golfers and even better guys than they are golfers so you really can't go wrong either way. If I'm picked to play, great you know I'll work hard to show up and play good golf, if I'm not know I'll be there in full support for you guys.

I can't pick you. In fact I'm using my veto power(that doesn't exist) on you.

Dean, can't you get somebody from the NYS DMV to make OITW a fake ID?

#ProblemSolver

Well, my wife wasn't packed and my mom is running late to watch the kids so I have a few more minutes. Here are my thoughts on being picked. I'd be super excited to get picked, for a number reasons. This would be my first "official" event, and it seems like the guys who have all been to events together form some good friendships and tee it up with each other often enough. I'm trying to be more involved, and it seems getting into one of these events is like a fast pass.

Another reason is because I've never been involved in any form of competitive golf, and this seems like the least intimidating environment to get a first look at how things are when it's NOT just me a couple buddies shooting the breeze. I also think that this may be the kick in the ass and motivation I need to actually take my game more seriously and get to the next level. Like a sense of accountability. Not wanting to let the team down, etc.

The biggest reason is the hat. I mean, look at the thing. It's awesome.

EDIT: The Final reason is, as a Boston sports fan, born and raised in the City, we have a deep complex and competitiveness against New Yorkers (New Jersey not so much, but what hell, let's toss you guys a bone too)...so I would take great pleasure in having the opportunity to being a part of the WHOOPING that will be handed to them on the 25th of June 2016....on the flip side, if we lose, it'll be entertaining for everyone else to watch me walking aroung like the red angry character from Inside Out for the rest of the day, lol.
images

Last edited:
Dean, can't you get somebody from the NYS DMV to make OITW a fake ID?

#ProblemSolver

Or just buy me a place in the hamptons, i also hear cherry hill is nice this time of year :)

#oddsjustgotbetter #ijustwantahat

I did too til darn alarm went off

Best of luck to everyone and here's to hoping I make the cut. Either way I still can't wait to get some practice rounds in at the ranch. Heard so many great things about the course and it's only an hour away.

well, I just got back from a poor range session and not sure I'd even pick myself at this moment. However, I've had some of my very best rounds ever following a bad range session...... and tomorrow I am playing :)

well, I just got back from a poor range session and not sure I'd even pick myself at this moment. However, I've had some of my very best rounds ever following a bad range session...... and tomorrow I am playing :)

Play well man. Hope it holds true!

Happened to me last week. Saturday, played absolutely horrible. Range even worse. I hate this game. Sunday shot 74, love this game again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Weird how that happens - same thing for me as well. Play well!

Little warm up before my lesson earlier. Game is coming together and my swing feels great.

74339f3d1bd68e1a20a2daf3856afcb4.jpg

Back