THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

We have had almost 2 weeks of season already, and now with lessons my game should be on point come June. TeamMichigan is coming for the W!

Weather has been cooperating here been able to get out every day since Sunday last week. Taking today off then back at it tomorrow (planning on playing 36). This has to be the most golf I have played before April in my life. The game is shaping up nicely for this time of year. I feel like there are still a few things to work on but no glaring issues right now. Will be seeing my instructor next week to tidy a couple of things up and put a plan in place for the rest of the summer.

June will be here before we know it and I for one can not wait. Good luck to everyone in their prep

Last edited:
As soon as the weather breaks I'll be out for more prep and my league play starts in 2 weeks. Did some simulator golf today and hit the ball well for the most part.
c545173749a5a2971178c8f1d6ce5071.jpg

Pkorf and I will be at Boulder Creek at 11:20 tomorrow if anyone wants to join!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pkorf and I will be at Boulder Creek at 11:20 tomorrow if anyone wants to join!

Gotta get this dude proper for this thing so he's unstoppable for #teamohio

Anyone still excited for this Rivalry? Or is the weather just bumming everyone out?

A few team Michigan members were scheduled to have some practice tomorrow morning, but after all this rain and falling temps it may not happen. Growing tired of not being able to get outside and play.

Heck yeah I'm excited! Excited to spank Ohio and excited to pop my HOF cherry, too!

Have fun guys.

Hows boulder today fellas

Hows boulder today fellas

Fairways, tees are in great shape! Greens are a little rough. Course looks visually great. However, we are fully experiencing the dubious slow play that people often enjoy here. It's obvious the "checking of handicaps rule" isn't in affect yet.

Other than that we're having fun. Playing 18 stroke play and an 18 hole alt shot to get this boy ready!

Just finished our 18. Played fairly well, still kind of sloppy both with the swing and the conditions. I shot a 44/47 shooting solo. Pkorf and I also played alternate shot on each hole and shot 40/37 finishing with a birdie on the difficult #18. All in all pretty happy with the round and the alternate shot format felt very comfortable for me. I hit better shots there than with my own ball.

The ****** part is that the round took 5 hours due to ridiculous slow play in front of us.

If you wanted a 5 hour round you could have saved the drive and went to Big Met

Team Michigan had a fun round today, Jeremy, Greg, Sam, and myself all got together for a chilly round this morning. There was a lot of quality golf, and some not so good golf played today. The pairings will be good regardless.

Just finished our 18. Played fairly well, still kind of sloppy both with the swing and the conditions. I shot a 44/47 shooting solo. Pkorf and I also played alternate shot on each hole and shot 40/37 finishing with a birdie on the difficult #18. All in all pretty happy with the round and the alternate shot format felt very comfortable for me. I hit better shots there than with my own ball.

The ****** part is that the round took 5 hours due to ridiculous slow play in front of us.

We should have played some alternate shot as well yesterday, never even occurred to me to get you some practice in it.

How did u hit the ball?

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

How did u hit the ball?

Ball striking was solid, but off target. Paul has me working on my setup to get more square at address and I felt comfortable but I was getting too quick from the top and missed too many shots left. I will be ready to roll come June!

Short game was actually terrific today. I hit some great wedge shots that actually saved bogey from being much worse.

Ball striking was solid, but off target. Paul has me working on my setup to get more square at address and I felt comfortable but I was getting too quick from the top and missed too many shots left. I will be ready to roll come June!

Short game was actually terrific today. I hit some great wedge shots that actually saved bogey from being much worse.

I think overall you're striking the ball well. The slow play was difficult...
Pretty happy with my 42-39 round all in all. Really pleased with our alt shot format. I left him in a few tough spot unintentionally and he recovered nicely.

The course is in pretty good shape by my view. Looks like they're doing some construction and moving of land on a few holes but it really doesn't come into play. Was a good day all in all!

I think team MI had a bunch of guys play today...how did it go?

I think team MI had a bunch of guys play today...how did it go?

I posted above. It was very chilly for most our round. And the course was very soggy so the ball didn't really go anywhere. But we had fun. Jeremy shot a 37/47 84, Sam shot a 46/47 93, I think Greg said he shot a 95, and I shot a 44/49 93.

Team Michigan had a fun round today, Jeremy, Greg, Sam, and myself all got together for a chilly round this morning. There was a lot of quality golf, and some not so good golf played today. The pairings will be good regardless.

Maybe for the sake of those who don't know these guys personally calling them by their forum name may help

I posted above. It was very chilly for most our round. And the course was very soggy so the ball didn't really go anywhere. But we had fun. Jeremy shot a 37/47 84, Sam shot a 46/47 93, I think Greg said he shot a 95, and I shot a 44/49 93.
Im jealous u guys got out sounded like a good time.

Back