THPers on The Grint

1651024101076.png

Question - if you use the paid for pro version, does Grint no longer offer a handicap? Mine is telling me I have to purchase one from USGA
Here’s an article with the details. If you were already a Pro member with WHS handicap, it will continue through 12/31/22. After which you will be required to go through a USGA association. Non-grandfathered in members would be required to do this prior to the 12/31/22 date. This is what prompted my switch.

Thoughts on the free version versus the Pro or Pro+?
I’m now a free member. I use Shot Scope and have a USGA handicap, so as much as I love the Grint’s data and community features, it didn’t make sense for me to continue the subscription. That said, I would not use the Pro+ features regardless.
1651024775641.png

I signed up as pumbaa071. I need to start putting together a handicap. I'll use it to track but I need to get a usga or ghin handicap.

Here’s an article with the details. If you were already a Pro member with WHS handicap, it will continue through 12/31/22. After which you will be required to go through a USGA association. Non-grandfathered in members would be required to do this prior to the 12/31/22 date. This is what prompted my switch.

so because I stopped for a year and started back up I have to purchase a USGA handicap? I might need to rethink paying for Grint and GHIN

so because I stopped for a year and started back up I have to purchase a USGA handicap? I might need to rethink paying for Grint and GHIN
Seems that way. It’s a moot point after this year as The Grint can’t administer it anyway.

I'll be switching after this year since they won't be offering the handicap. I guess I will just switch to TGA.

So I have a question for the group. Maybe @JB can answer as I think he is a member of TGA. I have used Grint for my HC, but when on the TGA website, it is asking me for my GHIN to join TGA. I'm wanting to go ahead and make the switch and not wait till the end of the year. Where do I get my GHIN in Grint so I can join or if Grint doesn't give one, how do I join TGA? Maybe I'm just stupid, but I could have swore Grint gave one some time back.

So I have a question for the group. Maybe @JB can answer as I think he is a member of TGA. I have used Grint for my HC, but when on the TGA website, it is asking me for my GHIN to join TGA. I'm wanting to go ahead and make the switch and not wait till the end of the year. Where do I get my GHIN in Grint so I can join or if Grint doesn't give one, how do I join TGA? Maybe I'm just stupid, but I could have swore Grint gave one some time back.
Update. I found my WHS # on Grint and that worked.

Does anyone know when you switch from Grint to USGA or TGA (Tennessee Golf Association) if your HC and scores transfer over or do you start from scratch? Tried to sign up for TGA, but my work computer is stupid and is throwing an error when I try to register so it wont let me, so I'll have to wait till I get off work.

Just requested a bunch of folks.

Donald Robinson - Grint Username thewilderside

Does anyone know when you switch from Grint to USGA or TGA (Tennessee Golf Association) if your HC and scores transfer over or do you start from scratch? Tried to sign up for TGA, but my work computer is stupid and is throwing an error when I try to register so it wont let me, so I'll have to wait till I get off work.
I started from scratch. Not sure if there’s a way to do a mass export/import.

I started from scratch. Not sure if there’s a way to do a mass export/import.
ok. That's what I was thinking. I guess I will make the switch now, so I can get scores in for this year going and just keep my Grint through the year until I get enough scores posted in TGA. So it doesn't even take your HC associated with your WHS #?

ok. That's what I was thinking. I guess I will make the switch now, so I can get scores in for this year going and just keep my Grint through the year until I get enough scores posted in TGA. So it doesn't even take your HC associated with your WHS #?
I didn’t try. I just backdated my last 20 rounds to establish a baseline. You have the option of entering just the score, so it’s not too bad. Just need to make sure you’re entering net double bogeys because it will not check that.

I didn’t try. I just backdated my last 20 rounds to establish a baseline. You have the option of entering just the score, so it’s not too bad. Just need to make sure you’re entering net double bogeys because it will not check that.
Oh man. I bet that took some time entering scores from 20 rounds haha

Oh man. I bet that took some time entering scores from 20 rounds haha
Without hole-by-hole it’s too bad. I did make a couple mistakes and had to request a revision. That was the worst part.

Without hole-by-hole it’s too bad. I did make a couple mistakes and had to request a revision. That was the worst part.
So you were able to just add overall scores and not have to do each hole for the 20 rounds? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to learn and figure this out since I will be switching haha.

So you were able to just add overall scores and not have to do each hole for the 20 rounds? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to learn and figure this out since I will be switching haha.
Yup! I still use the Grint because I like the community. For future rounds apparently you can sync the Grint with GHIN and only enter on the Grint, but I’m paranoid so I haven’t tried that 😆

Yup! I still use the Grint because I like the community. For future rounds apparently you can sync the Grint with GHIN and only enter on the Grint, but I’m paranoid so I haven’t tried that 😆
Ok. THis is what I like to hear. That's not too bad. That being said, I know the TGA app allows you to track stats (see below what), so not sure I would even need the Grint. I have ShotScope too, but I haven't optimized it like I should be haha. I have mainly just used it for the yardage feature as it's super useful.

From TGA website:

New for the 2021 season, features of the myTGA app include:

Comprehensive Performance Statistics including:

* Greens in Regulation
* Number of Putts
* Fairways Hit
* Driving Accuracy

Hole-by-hole score entry

• Year-to-date Performance Summaries

• Course Handicap Calculator & Course Rating/Slope database

• TGA tournament registration, schedules & results

• TGA news & videos

• Access to TGA member deals & offers

Live feeds from TGA Social Media platforms

Member Club Directory

Glad you were able to find it, because I would be of no help. I have never used Grint. My handicap comes from my club.

Glad you were able to find it, because I would be of no help. I have never used Grint. My handicap comes from my club.
No worries. Just trying to make sure I can get a baseline in there for my HC. I would prefer to not have to start from scratch. haha

It's also $10 cheaper a year through TGA vs. theGrint, so that will be nice and yeah I won't be trying that either. Once I am set on TGA and have scores inputted, I will honestly probably email theGrint and tell them to cancel my account. Not sure if they will just cancel it right there or if they will just not autorenew it next January.

It works but the next problem you have is when you track a score and then your club also enters that same score after you sign your card!

Back