Titleist 816 H1/H2 Review Thread

How easy is this to get up in the air? I struggle with fairway wood style hybrids

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Super easy. I couldn't hit a hybrid to save my life at all. I have no issues at all with these. The diamana red is a little more high launching shaft then the diamana blue(I think) but I play the blue in my 23 and it's more then fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to agree with KB, Franklin.

I generally hit a higher flight ball as it is, but have noticed with the h1 it's even higher and I love it. I have no issues launching it high from the rough or fairway. For me it just seems to get to max height and distance then just fall out of the sky. Gives me a lot of confidence going for a par 5 in 2 with the H1 in my hands.

I may have to hit this next to the apex

How easy is this to get up in the air? I struggle with fairway wood style hybrids

KB and 6435 pretty much said it. It's the easiest launching club I've ever hit.

I may have to hit this next to the apex

having hit both, the H1/H2 is so much easier to hit not only high but accurately. And It's....as some say....not even close.

It's a golf club, good swings produce good shots, crappy swings produce crappy results.

KB and 6435 pretty much said it. It's the easiest launching club I've ever hit.

having hit both, the H1/H2 is so much easier to hit not only high but accurately. And It's....as some say....not even close.

Maybe I'll look into this using my, err, Adams, winnings! I do like how high it seems to launch the ball. I like my 3 with a slightly lower trajectory as I use that from the tee on shorter holes. But a 4 that tends to have a higher trajectory would be perfect on those 200-210 yard par 4's.

It's a golf club, good swings produce good shots, crappy swings produce crappy results.
True enough. But I will say the same swing with this hybrid has produced better results (higher and further) in my experience with the same swing than with some other hybrids.

I'd definitely agree but this club seems to mask some of the poor strikes I have with it pretty well. Seems like my misses are still in play with this club more so than others.

That being said with the worst round of the year under my belt from yesterday the only 2 good shots I hit all day were with the H1. I had 210 dead into the wind on a par 5 and didn't even think twice. Grabbed the H1 and hit a towering draw that held into a left to right wind and dropped and stopped about 20 feet from the cup. Just made me smile during an absolutely horrible round for me.

I had ok results with the 21 today. 235 off the tee is about a good number at this point.

For guys who hit this and the 915 did you see much difference

H1 is much better for me from various different lies. Both off the fairway or the tee they are rocket launchers but out of the rough the H1 is fantastic where I thought the 915H lacked. To my eye the H1 has much more pronounced "spoon" look to the face than the 915 does and I think that helps from the rough. Also H1 seemed to launch a bit higher for me than the 915 as well.

Alot of what Six4three5 said above, but for me I couldn't even come close to hitting the 915 well enough to play. Just couldn't launch it high enough, I only demoed it on a range, so I can't even speak to off the tee or rough. But as I've said many times in this thread. This is by far the best hybrid I've ever hit, in terms of launching easy, going straight and forgiveness....and as they say....It's not even close.

I'm not comfortable pulling this club yet. I still rely on the 2u to do that work.

Pulled the trigger on a 19 degree h1 to go along with the 23 I already have. Honestly can't believe I will have 2 hybrids in my bag but these things are so dang good.

Pulled the trigger on a 19 degree h1 to go along with the 23 I already have. Honestly can't believe I will have 2 hybrids in my bag but these things are so dang good.

I've been considering grabbing a 19 and setting it to the lowest loft setting and dropping the 5W. No club in my bag I hit even remotely as consistent as the H1. I'd just like to get somewhere to hit them and compare distances is all.

I'm not comfortable pulling this club yet. I still rely on the 2u to do that work.
Two totally different beasts my dude. I don't think you should be looking for the H1 to replace or take the place of the driving iron. You can hit any club on the planet so the 2u serves its purpose in your bag, but I think you need to change the mentality for the H1 to work for you. Just my .02

Two totally different beasts my dude. I don't think you should be looking for the H1 to replace or take the place of the driving iron. You can hit any club on the planet so the 2u serves its purpose in your bag, but I think you need to change the mentality for the H1 to work for you. Just my .02
I'm not following

I've been considering grabbing a 19 and setting it to the lowest loft setting and dropping the 5W. No club in my bag I hit even remotely as consistent as the H1. I'd just like to get somewhere to hit them and compare distances is all.

Totally know what u are saying. It took a while for me to pull the trigger because I am guessing that my 19 will overlap with my heavenwood. I just like the versatility and consistentcy I get from the hybrids so much more.

I'm not following
2u for you is a club you're totally comfortable just taking an aggressive swing and ripping it and it provides a piercing missile. H1 is going to fly much differently for you. Going to have a much higher fly and not go as far. You've gotten comfortable at seeing and knowing that missile is coming with the 2u. The H1 is going to be a different shot for you. It's going to want to go much straighter and higher. For you IMO I wouldn't pull the H1 unless I was the exact distance out from the green where the 2u is a much better tee option for what you're looking for.

Got the 19 h1 in today literally as I was leaving for the course. Put it into play at the stock setup with no range time.
It was really good for me. Definetly getting to the point where it could kick the heavenwood out of the bag. It is not as long but much more consistent and comparable for me. Where I was really impressed was with it off the tee.

Got the 19 h1 in today literally as I was leaving for the course. Put it into play at the stock setup with no range time.
It was really good for me. Definetly getting to the point where it could kick the heavenwood out of the bag. It is not as long but much more consistent and comparable for me. Where I was really impressed was with it off the tee.

That's awesome dude. I really wish they made a 17* or 18* because if they did I'd highly consider taking out the 5 wood in favor of another H1. It's just the best golf club I've ever hit there's no argument there. I've never hit something as effortlessly as I do the H1.

That's awesome dude. I really wish they made a 17* or 18* because if they did I'd highly consider taking out the 5 wood in favor of another H1. It's just the best golf club I've ever hit there's no argument there. I've never hit something as effortlessly as I do the H1.

Yea they have a real winner with this club. I am honestly amazed at how easy they are to hit. My biggest issue is I just need to trust the club and swing easy because it will work.

Why not change the setting on the 19* to make it an 18*?

Swapped out my 21* 915H with Rogue Black shaft for a 21* 816H1 also with Rogue black. I love my 915H but put a few ugly marks on the top of it last winter so thought I would get something new :) Have only hit it at the range so far so can't make an accurate assessment yet, but ball flight is definitely higher. I am curious to see if there is any real difference in distance (not looking for more). The head of the H1 appears taller/larger to me. Maybe just the grey color,.....

Back