Titleist 816 H1/H2 Review Thread

Really pondering the H1! I need a new 24* hybrid that flies high and lands soft.

Strongly considering the D+ Red shaft. I know the Red is said to fly a little higher than the Blue. Can anyone comment on that set up? I do not want to face any ballooning issues.

Really pondering the H1! I need a new 24* hybrid that flies high and lands soft.

Strongly considering the D+ Red shaft. I know the Red is said to fly a little higher than the Blue. Can anyone comment on that set up? I do not want to face any ballooning issues.
I'd so go for it this club is a gem! As far as those setups go I don't have any experience with either but this club launches really high for me, without ballooning so I'd definitely suggest going with the lower launching of the two.

For me the red did launch higher but I feel like the blue definetly launches high enough.
I honestly thought about putting the red in my 19 degree and keep the blue in my 23 degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me the red did launch higher but I feel like the blue definetly launches high enough.
I honestly thought about putting the red in my 19 degree and keep the blue in my 23 degree.

I'd so go for it this club is a gem! As far as those setups go I don't have any experience with either but this club launches really high for me, without ballooning so I'd definitely suggest going with the lower launching of the two.

Thanks for the suggestions. Hoping GS has them shafted with both this evening!

I have seen several different people hit these with different shafts and have never see any ballooning. The red is a higher launching than the blue which is a mid launch shaft. I would suggest hitting both shafts and see what works but with the rogue I get plenty of height with it and never had one balloon.

I picked up a 915h 21* and an H1 19* both with the Diamanna blue Have gotten to use them both on the course and in my opinion both clubs seem pretty equal. I think the benefit of the H1 is that the loft adjustments are 1* instead of .75* and I dropped mine down 1* to make it 18*. I really haven't noticed a big difference in sound or feel. The clubs provide a good replacement for my 5 wood and 3/4 iron and a nice ball flight.

I picked up a 915h 21* and an H1 19* both with the Diamanna blue Have gotten to use them both on the course and in my opinion both clubs seem pretty equal. I think the benefit of the H1 is that the loft adjustments are 1* instead of .75* and I dropped mine down 1* to make it 18*. I really haven't noticed a big difference in sound or feel. The clubs provide a good replacement for my 5 wood and 3/4 iron and a nice ball flight.

I'm surprised you didn't notice a higher launch with the H1. I agree sound and feedback are pretty similar but I DEFINITELY noticed a higher launch with the H1. I've also noticed it's much easier for me out of the rough with the H1 over the 915H.

Looks like I just "oops'd" into a 816 H1 23*. Looking forward to getting it in hand and spending time with it. Love the talk of higher launch, its a big deal for me in my game.

Took a while (maybe because it's a Titleist club, I dunno), but these clubs seem to be finally getting the recognition they deserve. It's not often I highly sing the praises of a club, but the H1 is just such an easy club to hit as well as having that great feel, it deserves to be on most people's try list at least!

Looks like I just "oops'd" into a 816 H1 23*. Looking forward to getting it in hand and spending time with it. Love the talk of higher launch, its a big deal for me in my game.

lol at oops'd. Love when that happens.

lol at oops'd. Love when that happens.

I'm on a tear lately. Not necessarily a good thing, but, for the price its a fun one to look at and will likely end up in one of my HS kids bags.

I'm surprised you didn't notice a higher launch with the H1. I agree sound and feedback are pretty similar but I DEFINITELY noticed a higher launch with the H1. I've also noticed it's much easier for me out of the rough with the H1 over the 915H.[/

Any reason you went H1 vs H2? I hit both for about an hour or so to see if I wanted to upgrade from my 915hd.

Dude I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

I'm surprised you didn't notice a higher launch with the H1. I agree sound and feedback are pretty similar but I DEFINITELY noticed a higher launch with the H1. I've also noticed it's much easier for me out of the rough with the H1 over the 915H.[/

Any reason you went H1 vs H2? I hit both for about an hour or so to see if I wanted to upgrade from my 915hd.
Honestly during the fitting the numbers with the H1 were so ridiculously perfect I would have been crazy to go H2. I did hit both with the same shaft both felt and sounded similar but numbers and ease out of the rough is what made the decision for me. I'll elaborate more after my round.

Really excited to hear ur thought jman! I have really enjoyed the h1.

for me it was launch and spin.

I know I'm not Six4three5 but I picked the H1 for the forgiveness and ease of launch.

Somebody I spoke with recently who is a plus player, said he went with the H1 because when he decided to go with a hybrid over a 3 iron, he said he was doing so to get the highest launch and most forgiveness, so why not just go with the the H1

So i think that's the reason many are choosing it.

I'm surprised you didn't notice a higher launch with the H1. I agree sound and feedback are pretty similar but I DEFINITELY noticed a higher launch with the H1. I've also noticed it's much easier for me out of the rough with the H1 over the 915H.

It may launch higher if I tried the same loft, I was more concerned about distance. I am using the H1 off the tee and for shots in the 215 range. The 915 is a great 200 club for me. The nice thing is I get enough height to avoid a lot of rollout on the greens. Right now I would say the H1 is a perfect 5 wood replacement for me.

I know I'm not Six4three5 but I picked the H1 for the forgiveness and ease of launch.

Same for me. I am a single cap player, but I want forgiveness from my clubs since I don't practice a lot.

Which one are you using?

So before I went to the H1 I was gaming a 712u 3 iron with a graphite shaft. While it served it's purpose while I was striking it well, I just didn't have much success at all out of the rough so that's the biggest reason why I wanted to try to find a hybrid. I had some time with a 915H and honestly I kind of told myself I was going to go with that to match my driver and 5 wood and save a little money going with a previous release. Fast forward to a Titleist Demo Day at my course and the fitter wanted me to try the H1 because he said they're too good not to. First ball I struct was dead nuts on the center of the face and it produced a ball flight I've never seen from myself before. Straight as an arrow and high without ballooning. I told him I could game that in a second but wanted to try the H2 because I'd prefer the look of a more compact head at address. I hit it very well but it just came out with a much lower trajectory. I spent about 25 minutes switching back and forth. Distance wise H2 was a little longer for me but I got the H1 for second shots into par 5s and ultimately the higher flight and softer landing is what made me go H1 as well as the ease out of the rough. Hope this helps a bit! If you have any specific questions let me know. I've spent a lot of time with this club and it's a favorite of mine in the bag no question.

So before I went to the H1 I was gaming a 712u 3 iron with a graphite shaft. While it served it's purpose while I was striking it well, I just didn't have much success at all out of the rough so that's the biggest reason why I wanted to try to find a hybrid. I had some time with a 915H and honestly I kind of told myself I was going to go with that to match my driver and 5 wood and save a little money going with a previous release. Fast forward to a Titleist Demo Day at my course and the fitter wanted me to try the H1 because he said they're too good not to. First ball I struct was dead nuts on the center of the face and it produced a ball flight I've never seen from myself before. Straight as an arrow and high without ballooning. I told him I could game that in a second but wanted to try the H2 because I'd prefer the look of a more compact head at address. I hit it very well but it just came out with a much lower trajectory. I spent about 25 minutes switching back and forth. Distance wise H2 was a little longer for me but I got the H1 for second shots into par 5s and ultimately the higher flight and softer landing is what made me go H1 as well as the ease out of the rough. Hope this helps a bit! If you have any specific questions let me know. I've spent a lot of time with this club and it's a favorite of mine in the bag no question.

Great info. Do you carry just the 21*?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great info. Do you carry just the 21*?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep 21* is the only one I carry and it's perfect distance gapping wise. 4 Iron I played to carry 205-210 depending on conditions and H1 I play to carry 220-225. I've considered getting a 19* and dropping it down to 18* and getting rid of a 5 wood, but I like the 5 wood too much as a fairway finder, not that a second H1 wouldn't be but I like the idea of a 5 wood. I've also considered dropping the 4 Iron for a higher lofted H1 but I enjoy my 4 Iron so I think that'll stay for awhile lol.

Hi there.

20161013_140536-L.jpg

20161013_140546-L.jpg

Back