Titleist T100, 620 MB and 620 CB Irons

I'd love to know how well the CB sold of the last version.

I would think they are mostly used in mixed sets, I am not sure how many people play a pure CB over something like an AP1. That is just a guess though I honestly have no idea.

I'm really surprised they are changing names. More so because AP1, AP2 are pretty well recognized now. But then again, they started the change with the TS2/TS3, so at least there is some sort of uniformity I guess.

I would think they are mostly used in mixed sets, I am not sure how many people play a pure CB over something like an AP1. That is just a guess though I honestly have no idea.

I go back to a conversation and it was mentioned how there is really nothing to gain with the CB over the AP2. It's just more curiosity, people play what they want.

Not "might", they wouldn't be on the list if they weren't coming. And Titleist fans are the homerist of homers, so they will eat whatever Titleist feeds them.

We will see if they are homers. New names and totally different designs.

I always looked at the AP3 as a marriage of the AP1s and AP2. Don't know much about Titleist so I could be mistaken.

I go back to a conversation and it was mentioned how there is really nothing to gain with the CB over the AP2. It's just more curiosity, people play what they want.

I agree, that is why I said it was a complete guess. I have seen a couple of MB to AP1 combo sets locally over the MB to CB that were seen before.

Not "might", they wouldn't be on the list if they weren't coming. And Titleist fans are the homerist of homers, so they will eat whatever Titleist feeds them.

I'm hungry too :drool:

So do I see the 2nd THP Event with Titleist coming with these??!!

Is the T100 supposed to replace the AP2s?

Would it be AP2's or TMB? I say the T and assumed technology like the TMB and they usually keep the MB's, CB's, and TMB together and then the AP line together.

Would it be AP2's or TMB? I say the T and assumed technology like the TMB and they usually keep the MB's, CB's, and TMB together and then the AP line together.

It's replacing the AP2's. T100 is AP2, T200 is AP3, T300 is AP1.

I wouldn't be suprised if T-MB went away at some point with their introduction of their new U500/U510 utility/driving irons.

Is the T100 supposed to replace the AP2s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what it looks like to me. The T300 looked like AP1 replacements. Maybe they are putting everything in the right order now. The T200 will be AP3 replacements I guess.

So, pics of T100 and T300 is out, now we just wait for T200.
Hope they will not be on the market to soon, I just ordered AP3's 5 days ago.

Titleist is pretty regular with their schedule. You can pretty much count on late summer for the next batch.

I would expect them this fall, in line with their usual release cycle. I haven't been able to find much on the T200 irons though.

I always looked at the AP3 as a marriage of the AP1s and AP2. Don't know much about Titleist so I could be mistaken.

They were. The idea was solid. More player's iron type looks with a lot of forgiveness built in. Couldn't really call them the AP1.5s, so we got the AP3s.

These irons hit tour this week.

317947-New-Titleist-Irons-3179e0-large-1560167347.jpg

I'll gladly sit here and say that I think they look fantastic.

Is T100 supposed to be the new AP2?

Those look great, so clean - I’m indifferent on the names

these look great and I think a new naming structure is exactly what they need.

I'll gladly sit here and say that I think they look fantastic.

Is T100 supposed to be the new AP2?

Agreed with your first point, and would presume the same as your second.

It's replacing the AP2's. T100 is AP2, T200 is AP3, T300 is AP1.

I wouldn't be suprised if T-MB went away at some point with their introduction of their new U500/U510 utility/driving irons.

I don't see hollow body blade shapes slowing down any time soon.

They ought to perfect them and put a reasonable price on them. Bet they sell just fine.... Or they can just sit back and watch P790 dominate the segment.

The Ap714 was the last Titleist iron that I hit and really liked them. Used them until my purchase of CF16's. Since then just haven't found the feel/distance/forgiveness that either one of these irons produced. The T300 will be on my list as a must try.

I don't see hollow body blade shapes slowing down any time soon.

They ought to perfect them and put a reasonable price on them. Bet they sell just fine.... Or they can just sit back and watch P790 dominate the segment.

Me neither, but Titleist originally released them as a utility iron. Then expanded to a full set. Given that they are overpriced for what they are, they either need to make the changes you mentioned or drop them IMO. I don't see people buying T-MB's as utility irons when they can get the new U series.

Me neither, but Titleist originally released them as a utility iron. Then expanded to a full set. Given that they are overpriced for what they are, they either need to make the changes you mentioned or drop them IMO. I don't see people buying T-MB's as utility irons when they can get the new U series.

I've had T-MB's in the bag a few times over the last year. When paired well, they are excellent and have better audible feedback for my preference from others in the space.

That said, I am so lost of what 'value' means for an iron anymore. PXG created a pretty nutty ceiling, so when there's an iron somewhat similar for less money, it's hard to call them overpriced. Personally, I think they should all 'drop' but I am lost on whether it actually makes sense compared to others.

The name is whatever. These look cleeannnn.

We had a fun conversation about that very thing and how it will impact their fans.

My initial reaction - I like he name change. They need a fresh start IMO with their iron lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back