Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

The T200 are so great! I have the 4,5 irons and love them. Launch, feel and distance and second to none in my opinion!

I am finally feeling comfortable with my new T300's. It has taken me a bit to get use to the feel because the head weight is so much more noticeable than in my Big bertha's. My distances are back and i am feeling good. I shot an 86 today. I have never had a set of irons where the ball stays in front of me like it does now. I am sure some of that is coming from my lessons but when i step up and hit it i am certain it is going close to where i am aiming. Getting fit was the best thing i have done and i super pleased i ended up with the Titleist clubs.

Colder temps here means harder fairways. The soles of the T100 continue to impress even in the hard ground

So I’ve had about 10 rounds or so with my new T100’s and I absolutely love them. Great feel and distance and I’m usually getting a nice high draw. Of course I can miss hit them but the results are more than acceptable. Loving the Modus Tour 105’s in them.

I had 4 worse than my hcap today and shot 79. However........... I had 3 birdies and my 1st ever EAGLE hole out (only 2nd eagle ever) on our par5 12th hole. I hit AW (50*) from 117m to a back pin and it pitched a few feet short of the cup, rolled up and dropped. Actually 2 of the birdies were the results of great swings with PW. One was from 126m to 10ft and the other from 114m to 6ft. The last one went high over a tree with a slight draw into a little breeze and stopped dead when it landed. So much confidence right now.
I did get a prize for the eagle which is cool.

Attachments

• 7F302B82-9256-4CB2-9DF4-7DEFAA30FB4E.jpeg
    7F302B82-9256-4CB2-9DF4-7DEFAA30FB4E.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 15
I have been out a few times this week when I had an hour to spare. All I can say is that I really like playing golf with these clubs. I get what I want from all of them and they just work. Last night I hit some knockdowns into the wind on 3 different holes. All 3 times I got a hop and stop bite. Once was even with the T300 6 iron so no complaints there. The turf interaction of the newly designed sole is maybe what is making these so playable as our course has some wet spots, some hard spots, some places where the grass is green and lush, and some places where it is brown and dormant. Basically a lot of variety to the lie and the soles keep performing well on all of them and in a variety of different shots.

I have been out a few times this week when I had an hour to spare. All I can say is that I really like playing golf with these clubs. I get what I want from all of them and they just work. Last night I hit some knockdowns into the wind on 3 different holes. All 3 times I got a hop and stop bite. Once was even with the T300 6 iron so no complaints there. The turf interaction of the newly designed sole is maybe what is making these so playable as our course has some wet spots, some hard spots, some places where the grass is green and lush, and some places where it is brown and dormant. Basically a lot of variety to the lie and the soles keep performing well on all of them and in a variety of different shots.
The new soles have helped me lots with turf interaction too. Love it!!

Heading to SC tomorrow for 10 days. I hope to get in 2 or 3 rounds while I am there. They will be the first rounds on my new T200's and can't wait. So far I have only hit them off mats in fitting sessions. It's going to be fun times considering.

Heading to SC tomorrow for 10 days. I hope to get in 2 or 3 rounds while I am there. They will be the first rounds on my new T200's and can't wait. So far I have only hit them off mats in fitting sessions. It's going to be fun times considering.
Looking forward to hearing how you go.

Ill throw my conversion story here ( warning its long ) as it might make a good read with some humorous anecdotes to add to the story. I posted this in another forum but still holds true for THP. :D

Part 1: ( Yeah there are 2 parts so suck it up and read both, buttercup! )

I had been gaming Callaway Apex Pros for the last few years since they came out in 2014. Played the X22 Tours before that and moving the the Apex Pros was a natural progression. I play to an 8/9 handicap and I hit a decent length on my irons. My Apex Pros were 3i thru PW and I'd normally hit the 3i with 200 or so carry on a KBS 110 Stiff shaft, standard loft, standard lie.

Being the end of the season, 3 weeks ago I decided to go through a swing fit session just to get my numbers as I had been hitting my irons well for the last half of the year. My last 6 rounds for example were 77, 79, 78, 81, 79, and 77 and could have been much lower if my pitching wasn't horrible ( but that's a different issue **grin** ). I attribute the lower scores which dropped me back into single digit handicaps to the way I was swinging the iron and my new Cally Epic Flash driver/5-wood setup. I walked in with absolutely zero intention of getting new irons and if I did, my default was to upgrade to the new Apex Pro 19's. How wrong I was.

When I went to my local fitter, we started with getting base lines on the 7 iron and did a 4 iron and PW just for some ranging data. For some data points, my 7i on the Apex Pros was spinning about 5500 and carrying 165 or so which I can confirm is my normal go-to distance. Dispersion was always a bit of an issue that I had learned to deal with. My normal shot shape is a nice descending draw but every once in a while there would be a block right or what I would call an aggressive draw where it starts on the same line as my normal descending draw and just keep on hooking.

While I was there, fitter had me run through the Mizuno Swing DNA process and first problem found: recommended shaft weight was way higher than the 110's I was swinging. Started hitting some Apex Pro 19's and tried some different shafts and ended up with ProjectX 6.5 Rifled shafts at 125g being the sweet spot of the existing "in house" shaft choices ( more on this later). I was hitting the Apex Pro 19's about 10 yards further than my original set so while nice, not enough of a change for me to considering purchasing.

Then my fitter said the words that would end up costing me a bunch of money. "You have a really similar swing to mine and I just got some T100's, the Titleist heads. You should try them to see how you like them." I have since nicknamed him "the white rabbit" because he lead me down that rabbit hole until I ended up in Wonderland smoking god knows what and and spending god knows how much money ( as long as my wife doesn't know, I am good ) and hitting god knows how long on irons I just never saw coming. But I am getting ahead of myself. Back to the fitting.

So he gets out the T100 7i and I start swing. Feels fantastic no full contact but I wasn't feeling the off center strikes nor the sole interaction. I had a severe tendency to hit them low on the face. So then he pulls out the T200 7i and say's, "Let's try this. More of a players distance iron but you have the swing speed to hit and even though you don't need the extra distance, it should help with forgiveness". "Surrrreeee" I think.

So I get and take a few practice swing. Feels good. Looks good. Love the offset, or lack therefore compared to my old clubs. Decide to give it a wack and bam, I swear to you it was like the clouds parted, flying unicorns with rainbows running out their butts flew buy, and I was immediately surrounded by small furry woodland creatures dressed in knickers giving me polite applause and a great strike. Ok, maybe not quite that furry, but man did that ball fly. Up, up, up and there was my baby draw. The ball jumped off the face like my son jumping off the bus on the last day of school. "Damn that felt good" I think to myself, followed by "WTF ( edited for mixed company) " when I saw the distance: 185 total distance, 178 carry. .

"Is that right?" I asked the White Rabbit only to find he had disappeared and what replaced him was a Cheshire cat with a big ass grin on his face.

"Hit another one and find out"

So I did. And another. And another. And another....and so on and so forth. Average Carry 178, average spin 6800, dispersion shrunk to 1/2 the size of my old Apex Pros. And that was still with my occasional hard draw.

"Let me take a look at something" my new drug pusher says to me with his Cheshire grin. "I think you might need to go 1 or 2 degrees flat for the lie". I hand over the 7i like Golom handing over the one ring and I can feel myself start to hunch over whispering "my precious, my precious" as he adjust the lie to -1 flat. Can see much by the eye when he hands it back to me, but when I put it behind the ball, I can tell its a little more squared to ground. Take a few more swings and the left hussle is gone. Purely this has to be a fluke, or a software glitch, or black magic.

No such luck. We hit the 4i as well just for fun. Well, not sure if it was fun or sheer morbid curiosity on my part but it sure was fun for my fitter as he watched me twitch like a heroin junking coming off a bender. Smack a ton and sure enough, I pass my old 3 iron in the air like Dustin Johnson's drive sailing over my 10 year old son's wedge shot. 215 yards, 4000 average spin. I can shot shape it anyway I want. And it's so damn smooth off the face.

It was then my heart sunk. I knew then I was buying them. Much like you know when that you are about to eat that last pizza slice is in the box when your wife told you not to. Yup, I'm in it to win it now. **sigh**

So I ended up buying a full set of T200's, no blending, 4iron through GW ( about 125 yard carry ) on ProjectX 6.5 shafts standard loft and -1 flat lie, which fits nicely with my 52deg, 56deg and 60deg SM6 Vokeys from a gapping perspective. Just got them in last week and I am doing a full back gap session on Saturday to adjust lofts as needed before heading to Hilton Head for 10 days of golf.

Love these damn things. I wonder if divorce attorneys take new iron recommendations as payment. I might need to find out.

Great write up! However, earlier in the post, you said the rabbit handed you T100s, but then you ordered T200s?

Great write up! However, earlier in the post, you said the rabbit handed you T100s, but then you ordered T200s?
Yup. I actually hit the t200s more solid and with less dispersion.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

I am pretty impressed with the T300's with the approach shots onto the greens. I am seeing the ball no more than 3 to 4 feet from the divot mark on 140 to 160 yard shots. I flew a few greens yesterday with a club that i thought i would be short with!

Got 4 holes in before dark once I got home tonight. Threw this little dart from 130 with the T200 9 iron. That was my only shot with one of my irons in hand, but it was a good one.

20191125_172220.jpgno20191125_172407.jpg

So finally played a round with the T200s. I agree with everyone else's opinion about turf interaction. These things are great. Hit a few out if the rough and the club went clean through with no grab. Fairway hits were clean and left just a bit of a divot. Had 2 shots I **know** I hit before the ball but the club slid into it and I still got most of my distance and jumped off the face online.

These heads are amazing. Solid feel with great decent angle made every ball stop on the green when I hit clean into it. Even long irons. Had 3 or 4 5i/6i shots into greens that took one hop and stopped. Spun a few back with 9i thru GW.

Can't wait for the next round.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

It’s been colder here, but I still play. I will say when it’s cold the t200’s seem to get a lot clickier to me. Still perform fantastic but a little more harsh then warmer temps. The t100 feel the same dense thud as always. Overall still extremely happy.

Went out yesterday for a walk by myself. It was 40* and the wind was blowing 15 MPH with up to 25 MPH gusts. We also had 2" of rain on Saturday so the ground was pretty saturated in spots. I don't know why no one wanted to join me. There was only one other twosome on the entire course, weird.

Anyway I shot a 93 which is 1 stroke below my handicap at our course in obviously tough conditions. One thing I was able to do with my irons that I really enjoyed and could not do with my JPX919's was put the ball back in my stance and comfortably go after it to flight the ball low. I hit 7 or 8 greens with this shot yesterday and saved a ton of strokes with this shot. I grabbed the club that the distance would be about 70% for a full normal swing, put the ball just inside my right heal, leaned toward the target, and put a really firm 3/4 swing on it. These shots went about half as high as my normal ball flight and they hopped and then checked on the green with minimal rollout. Yet again I am finding that these irons are just fantastic to play golf with.

On a side note and a small plug for Titleist the 50* Vokey F grind wedge is a true weapon in windy weather. Keeps your chips and pitches just a bit lower and online in this type of wind and the extra loft gives some forgiveness on the wet turf.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I got two more rounds on the T300's this weekend. I have never hit so many GIR's ever since playing. I love the feel of these clubs and the ball does not go very far from the pitch mark on the green at all. My confidence level is going up every time i use them. I would never even dream of trying to get close to a pin before. Still working on the distances a bit also.

I've gotten 4 rounds in with the new Titleist T100 irons since the event in October (damn Texas weather) so here are some of my thoughts.

My previous irons were Titleist 716 AP1's with the KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff shafts. I was fit for them about 2 years ago after my entire golf bag was stolen out of my garage. It was done at my local driving range where I take instruction and didn't have the benefit of trackman for comparison. One of the first things I noticed after getting fit is the new clubs are 1/2 in shorter and the lie angle was the same. During my fitting we tried a variety of different shafts but nothing jumped out as a game changer for me so we stayed with the KBS C-Taper shafts. Behold.......my build sheet.

build sheet snip.PNG

more coming.....

Last edited:
If I could change something in my fitting it would be to swap the 4 iron for either the U500 or U510. @mreiter did this at his fitting.

These are beautiful irons and I really like them but they are taking some getting used to. As you can see in the photos the bottom of the club is narrower and the face is smaller compared to my AP1's. Although not as forgiving as the AP1's with the smaller club face I really have to focus on contact when making a shot which is a good thing for me since I tend to want to look up to soon.

7ironbottom.jpg

7ironface.jpg

Another challenging aspect for me has been the lofts. the T100 7 iron is 34 degrees vs the T300 (comparable 716 AP1) 7 iron is much stronger at 29 degrees. Distance control is a work in progress as I get used to the difference in lofts and even find myself taking an extra club depending on the shot.

In making the jump from the AP1's to the T100's not every shot is smooth buttery smooth but it is improving.

I still got more......

Last edited:
Now that my vacation in SC is coming to an end and I was able to get 3 rounds in on the new T200's, I have a better appreciation for them. My thoughts so far before I end up spending the next 4 months in a simulator.

• The feedback I get off the face is nice and better than a friend's set of AP3's I tried and my old Apex Pro's.
  • When the strike is centered, the ball just jumps and has a great decent angle. I hit 3 4-iron shots into the greens down here at Hilton Head and they all one hop and stopped. My longest run out was about 5 feet. Those are 4-irons coming in at 205 of carry in 55 degree temps for example.
  • The forgiveness is crazy. I hit 3 shots on par 3's where the ball impact mark on the face was straddling the groved face and the smooth toe and they all reached the green. Even on those extreme toe shots, I only lost 1/2 a club of distance which is crazy.
  • The turf interaction is damn good. Coming out of the rough, I didn't have a single mis-strike or tug on the face. On the soft fairways down here in the low country, the club just went through like a hot knife through butter.
  • The GW is a must have. It hits so nice of fairways and was a club I used a lot around the greens considering the hole lengths. Lots of 360-380 par 4's hitting Dr - PW/GW or short par 4's at 320-340 where I was hitting 4 iron - GW/ 52 deg SM6/
Ultimately, these solve a lot of what I was seeing as problems with my old irons. My long irons now have stopping power on the greens. I get really nice feedback on my strikes. They sail through rough cleanly eliminating a lot of hosel grabs or toe grabs I experienced with my old setup. And probably the biggest item, of the 54 holes I played, excluding the 12 par 3's, I hit 30 GIR. That's a big improvement already. Can't wait for them to go under the knife and get the Oban CT125's in them.

All in all, I am more excited for golf in the spring than I have been in a couple of years.

Still loving my T100’s. I had my lowest score so far with them today (lowest in ages actually) with a 4 over 75. Could’ve been lower if the driver behaved itself.
Feel on flushed hits is ridiculously good and so is the feedback when you miss it. I can’t say enough about the turf interaction. I still think the set 50* is the star of the show.

These are beautiful irons and I really like them but they are taking some getting used to. As you can see in the photos the bottom of the club is narrower and the face is smaller compared to my AP1's. Although not as forgiving as the AP1's with the smaller club face I really have to focus on contact when making a shot which is a good thing for me since I tend to want to look up to soon.

View attachment 8917158

View attachment 8917159

Another challenging aspect for me has been the lofts. the T100 7 iron is 34 degrees vs the T300 (comparable 716 AP1) 7 iron is much stronger at 29 degrees. Distance control is a work in progress as I get used to the difference in lofts and even find myself taking an extra club depending on the shot.

In making the jump from the AP1's to the T100's not every shot is smooth buttery smooth but it is improving.

I still got more......
Oh wow, I didn't realize you went from AP1's to T100's. That's a big transition. AP1's are some of the biggest GI irons on the market and the T100's are almost blades. That will definitely require a lot of attention on your part.

I gotta say that the T-100s are super forgiving for their size. They just do everything good.

Two more solid rounds in this weekend. I LOVE these irons. My confidence is going thru the roof when I am using these. Still learning the distances I can hit with them. My GIRs are going up each time I play!

Back