Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

Two more solid rounds in this weekend. I LOVE these irons. My confidence is going thru the roof when I am using these. Still learning the distances I can hit with them. My GIRs are going up each time I play!
As I witnessed myself this weekend, @Doubleb21 is hitting his T300s quite well. I’m definitely going to consider them if I decide to change irons.

Oh wow, I didn't realize you went from AP1's to T100's. That's a big transition. AP1's are some of the biggest GI irons on the market and the T100's are almost blades. That will definitely require a lot of attention on your part.

Got another range session in today. Its getting better every time I hit them. My confidence is growing rapidly!.

I am also leaving some really nice divots. the turf interaction is much better compared to the AP1's.

Oh the T200.....

My new T300s needed setup tweaking to feel right, but these are minor adjustments after which the clubs are very playable.

The T300 SIX-iron is two degrees stronger than my DCI 962 FIVE-iron. The stampings on the bottom of the sole can't cause much of a problem, but the resulting length / loft correlations can and did feel a little uncomfortable.

All the T300 numbered irons, then, needed to be ½" long and 2º flat. The pitching wedge needed to be ¼" long and 1½º flat. The W1 and W2 wedges were left at standard length and set only 1º flat. Then the Vokey finesse wedge and the Callaway sand iron were matched for length and lie with the W1 and W2 wedges.

Again, these are really minor adjustments, but they let me hit the ground running without much adaptation time required for the new clubs. My only other issue with the T300s is that they're a little busy looking cosmetically, especially compared to DCI 962s. They do launch the ball just as well and with more forgiveness, however.

My new T300s needed setup tweaking to feel right, but these are minor adjustments after which the clubs are very playable.

The T300 SIX-iron is two degrees stronger than my DCI 962 FIVE-iron. The stampings on the bottom of the sole can't cause much of a problem, but the resulting length / loft correlations can and did feel a little uncomfortable.

All the T300 numbered irons, then, needed to be ½" long and 2º flat. The pitching wedge needed to be ¼" long and 1½º flat. The W1 and W2 wedges were left at standard length and set only 1º flat. Then the Vokey finesse wedge and the Callaway sand iron were matched for length and lie with the W1 and W2 wedges.

Again, these are really minor adjustments, but they let me hit the ground running without much adaptation time required for the new clubs. My only other issue with the T300s is that they're a little busy looking cosmetically, especially compared to DCI 962s. They do launch the ball just as well and with more forgiveness, however.

Man 962’s were some of my favorite irons! Sounds like you got the tweaks figured out, look forward to your thoughts on them!

Man 962’s were some of my favorite irons! Sounds like you got the tweaks figured out, look forward to your thoughts on them!
Thanks. Right now, the current set is a room decoration with the old sets. April is coming eventually, though.

Interesting on your feedback on the T300's. I ended up 1 deg flat across my irons in my T200's for a similar reason.

Well, I am liking these irons so much I have decided to sell my Mizunos. I didn’t think I would but am getting along with these irons so much I can’t see my myself playing anything else.

Well, I am liking these irons so much I have decided to sell my Mizunos. I didn’t think I would but am getting along with these irons so much I can’t see my myself playing anything else.

Given the minimal prices received for used golf clubs, I've never bothered selling them. I enjoy having a collection of my old clubs going back decades. One needs to have the space for this, of course, and old golf clubs are the decor theme of my man cave.

Still, the vast majority of people with whom I play do NOT keep all of their old clubs. I'm not a pack rat in general, but maybe that appellation applies to me where it comes to golf equipment. On the other side of the discussion, however, we do have a recent thread about which old clubs do we wish we still had.

Really enjoying the t200s in the long irons, launch high and feel very explosive in the face!

I hit the t300s tonight they were amazing enough I immediately traded in my current set and ordered them! They where night and day!

I know I have written a lot about these already, but every time I go play I am getting more and more comfortable playing them. I am playing my best golf in a long time and probably ever and it's cold and windy here in Louisville. It defies logic. I am really excited for the 2020 golf season. I think my goal is going to be to get my cap down in the 15 range and I think with these clubs in the bag I am going to have an easier time doing it.

Great choice @Putterbutter the more I get out with mine the better they feel. Congrats on the new clubs!

T100 are stupid forgiving for there size, crazy how they fit all the tec in the small head

Given the minimal prices received for used golf clubs, I've never bothered selling them. I enjoy having a collection of my old clubs going back decades. One needs to have the space for this, of course, and old golf clubs are the decor theme of my man cave.

Still, the vast majority of people with whom I play do NOT keep all of their old clubs. I'm not a pack rat in general, but maybe that appellation applies to me where it comes to golf equipment. On the other side of the discussion, however, we do have a recent thread about which old clubs do we wish we still had.
This is the reason why I don't sell my clubs.

I have Titleist irons from way back to these T200s. 690MBs, AP2s from 710, 712, 714, 716, 718, & AP3s. Probably various others that I cant think of right now. These are just Titleist clubs. I have Callaway, TMs, Hogan too

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What shaft did you go with? I will be ordering the T300 myself and not sure what shaft to get yet.
I went with Mitsubishi Av2 red it gave me piercing ball flight with perfect decent angle 45*

@chasDog hit some keepers w/ his irons today. Had a fantastic front 9.

Looking forward to his feedback in here again. I know he loved them at the event.

@chasDog hit some keepers w/ his irons today. Had a fantastic front 9.

It was a good day on the course today. 1 over on the front nine and 5 over on the back for a 78. It would have been better but for two doubles on the back. I am loving these irons more each time I play. I hit 14 greens in regulation which speaks to the consistency and control you get with these irons provided you have good contact and a smooth, controlled swing. That doesn't mean you have to hit them perfect every time though, there is a good amount of forgiveness in these irons. My miss is a slight pull but I think it has more to do with the indian rather than the arrow. My confidence is growing and I really think these irons are helping me take my game to the next level. I am still adapting to the weaker lofts but I'm sure that will improve over time.

It was an all THP group today. Left to right, @FernDog, the Secret Santa coordinator, and Two GrandDaddy alums @cwmonroe87 and @Nate.

trib.jpg

Went out yesterday for 18 in a fun format where my buddy and I played a skins game and the winner picked the tee box on the next hole. This put us in a lot of different positions on the course because we alternate between white and black (black=blue on most courses) when we play and today we played red on 2 holes, green (senior) on 1, white on 5, black on 6, and gold on 2 and alternate tees on 2 holes. I shot a 93 which is my 5th strait round under 95 since the Titleist event. All 5 of my rounds prior to the event were between 96 and 102.

The course was wet and mushy from constant rain Friday afternoon through Saturday evening and it was 35* out with little to no wind. The wet ground generally makes for a hard ballstriking day for me. At the end of the round while reviewing my score I lost 7 strokes to bad shots. 2 missed putts inside 5', 2 skulled pitches, 2 chunked chips, and a topped drive. If you're keeping score that's 7 lost strokes to the rest of my bag and 0 lost strokes to the T-Series irons. I credit that to whatever they have down with the sole of this club. When I step up to the ball I know I can go after it in any lie because my clubface will get to the back of the ball. I may not get 100% of the ball every time, but I am getting a lot more consistency and distance with these on shots that might have been fat with my prior set. This has given me more confidence to go after it, which has led me to hit it thin much less often. It's a pretty nice feedback loop that is really helping my high mid handicap game.

Another note, today my buddy who I play with commented after a well struck 5 iron: "Those new irons Titleist gave you really sound nice, they always sound like you smoked the ball".

It was a good day on the course today. 1 over on the front nine and 5 over on the back for a 78. It would have been better but for two doubles on the back. I am loving these irons more each time I play. I hit 14 greens in regulation which speaks to the consistency and control you get with these irons provided you have good contact and a smooth, controlled swing. That doesn't mean you have to hit them perfect every time though, there is a good amount of forgiveness in these irons. My miss is a slight pull but I think it has more to do with the indian rather than the arrow. My confidence is growing and I really think these irons are helping me take my game to the next level. I am still adapting to the weaker lofts but I'm sure that will improve over time.

It was an all THP group today. Left to right, @FernDog, the Secret Santa coordinator, and Two GrandDaddy alums @cwmonroe87 and @Nate.

View attachment 8919196
Look at that good looking group of guys there in shorts in December!!!! Winning for sure! Totally agree @chasDog with your confidence. I think working out the lofts and distances has been your number one thing getting past. You have solid contact on most of the shots and like you indicated and think your tempo is just about right on. I know how excited you were when you got back and started working them into your game. You've done a fine job with 'em! Ok, Ok, enough stroking Chucks ego for me, you guys/girls get the point. ;)

View attachment 8919196

That was a fun round in beautiful weather with a great group. That weather was an outlier as it’s 38 degrees right nowChuck was Mr. Consistency with his shots yesterday: very impressive. He would have had a lower score by at least 4 shots but we had him cracking up a lot on a few choice comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in the same boat as @chasDog crazy how forgiving the t100 are for there size. My mishits are still hitting greens when I think there is no way.

Went out yesterday for 18 in a fun format where my buddy and I played a skins game and the winner picked the tee box on the next hole. This put us in a lot of different positions on the course because we alternate between white and black (black=blue on most courses) when we play and today we played red on 2 holes, green (senior) on 1, white on 5, black on 6, and gold on 2 and alternate tees on 2 holes. I shot a 93 which is my 5th strait round under 95 since the Titleist event. All 5 of my rounds prior to the event were between 96 and 102.

The course was wet and mushy from constant rain Friday afternoon through Saturday evening and it was 35* out with little to no wind. The wet ground generally makes for a hard ballstriking day for me. At the end of the round while reviewing my score I lost 7 strokes to bad shots. 2 missed putts inside 5', 2 skulled pitches, 2 chunked chips, and a topped drive. If you're keeping score that's 7 lost strokes to the rest of my bag and 0 lost strokes to the T-Series irons. I credit that to whatever they have down with the sole of this club. When I step up to the ball I know I can go after it in any lie because my clubface will get to the back of the ball. I may not get 100% of the ball every time, but I am getting a lot more consistency and distance with these on shots that might have been fat with my prior set. This has given me more confidence to go after it, which has led me to hit it thin much less often. It's a pretty nice feedback loop that is really helping my high mid handicap game.

Another note, today my buddy who I play with commented after a well struck 5 iron: "Those new irons Titleist gave you really sound nice, they always sound like you smoked the ball".

Sounds like these irons are working out well for you! What do you think the advantages have been over your previous clubs?

Back