Titleist T100S Irons

Interesting move for Titleist for sure. When I was doing my fitting which ended up me going to T200's vs T100's, I had already decided based on my AoA and swing profile that I would need to strength the lofts to get more to where I wanted my flight window to go. It wasn't because of the distance per se but because my launch angles were high.

Then thinking about blending, there was just to much of a flight difference at the time to do a blend set. I would say this fits much better into a blend set between T200's and original T100's. I could see a blend set of T200's at normal lofts through 7 and T100S for the lower irons OR T100S for the upper irons and then regular T100's for the lowers.

Last edited:
Sounds like players will get the best of both worlds with these new lofts. I bet these will out sell the originals.

@JB What would happen if you bent the original T100 irons 2* stronger? You change the offset...anything else?

@JB What would happen if you bent the original T100 irons 2* stronger? You change the offset...anything else?
Bounce and turf interaction are going to be different I’d imagine

The sole design could be impacted as far as bounce in certain areas.

So... it's the exact same iron.. but.. stronger?

This actually goes more into supporting the jacked loft opposition than anything else. Interesting.
I think it's real good validation for your thread, and your thoughts in there.

Lofts are a piece of the puzzle, or else Titleist and Ping wouldn't offer variations of their clubs accomodating for different loft configurations. It is a fitting variable, exactly like you mentioned. I think that's a really good discussion going on.

Why do they do this to me?? :eek: Why wasn't this released when all the other t-series irons were?? And to think I originally was going to get the T100's with the jacked lofts of the t200's. :unsure:
Looks like there are going to be a lot of irons going in the marketplace. Anyone interested in some T200, AP3, 918, 916, 914, etc irons?? Taking offers :LOL:

Why do they do this to me?? :eek: Why wasn't this released when all the other t-series irons were?? And to think I originally was going to get the T100's with the jacked lofts of the t200's. :unsure:
Looks like there are going to be a lot of irons going in the marketplace. Anyone interested in some T200, AP3, 918, 916, 914, etc irons?? Taking offers :LOL:

at least they’re seeing the market value of a set like this (finally)! I like where TItleist is going.

So... it's the exact same iron.. but.. stronger?

This actually goes more into supporting the jacked loft opposition than anything else. Interesting.

I'd be interested to hear some more of the tech on this. Did they move any CG around to keep the launch up? Did they tweak the sole to keep the bounce correct (was this assumed in the article)? Players distance with the ability to still control the ball flight sounds nice if it was done right.

Any word on the T400’s ?

I posted that in that thread too.
Good for fitting, should have been done at the time of release.
Doesn't change my stance.
Agree with the at release part that would have made blending much easier. Would you have released both versions of T100 or just this version? I think this is the right lofts for that set based on my comments above and having 2 sets can create consumer confusion. So I might o ly have released this set.

I was able to hit these at my club and I liked the smoothness of them at delivery. Good launch but really wasn’t paying attention to the distance. I guess I’ll have to compare distances next time out.

I don't mind the looks or the lofts. I would be more concerned with the feel and performance

The offset on titleist clubs always seems to throw off my eye a bit.
Really liking this move by titleist, as I could go a bit weak in the lofts and lose some offset....I likes that!

You would affect the bounce by less than a degree.

Do you think this was a planned release, known at the time of the original T series release? Or was it reactionary? Either way I don't like the staggered approach.

This makes a ton of sense in today’s market. Let your product get into hands of someone that it might not.

The great thing about equipment is you don’t have to play it unless you under contract, which most of us aren’t!

For those that would get the T100S, what degree wedges would you carry? With teh regular T100 - you would have 46 degree PW and 50 degree GW. You could then easily do 54/58 or 55/60 wedges. The 48 degree gap in the T100s seems like it would be harder to choose wedges to match.

Some how I must have missed these, this is a nice looking iron. Clean, minimal offset and a nice thin top line so when you mishit the club lets you know from the sting in your hands. I like it.

I was able to hit these at my club and I liked the smoothness of them at delivery. Good launch but really wasn’t paying attention to the distance. I guess I’ll have to compare distances next time out.
Please do! I'd love to hit these side by side with the T100s and T200s for some experimenting. You definitely have the game to give these a check of a test.

The sole design could be impacted as far as bounce in certain areas.

I have been told by fitters that a 1 to 2 degree adjustment would not impact bounce and sole enough to affect playability for we mortal players. Is that your understanding?

For those that would get the T100S, what degree wedges would you carry? With teh regular T100 - you would have 46 degree PW and 50 degree GW. You could then easily do 54/58 or 55/60 wedges. The 48 degree gap in the T100s seems like it would be harder to choose wedges to match.
Either of those options you listed would be fine with me. 1 degree in a wedge isn't going to kill me as long as it is versatile. 4 degree difference would ideal to me because a 60 is wasted in my hands. Wasted.

If I were looking at Titleist irons, I would get on a monitor with this set and the T200s and see how close the numbers were. I actually had optimal numbers with the T200s, but they felt somewhat harsh. If this set came close to the T200s, the softer feel would certainly make them a candidate.

If playing this set, I would go 52/58. That gives you only four degrees between the gap wedge and the 52, which gaps nicely for full swings. The 58 degree wedge provides almost the same versatility as a 60 and comes closer to gapping for full swings. It’s the setup I am currently playing with my Cobra Forged Tecs (with the Cobra gw bent to 48) and it works fine for me.

Back