Was looking over the shotscope data between the TSi4 and the TSr4. Getting just enough data since the change to see if there was a benefit to new and shiny.

Average is up 5 yards
P Average is up 9 yards
Longest is up 13 yards

The biggest improvement I've seen is that fairways have increased from 40% to 60% and that's HUGE, especially with the distance they travel;)!

Last edited:
Playing in some frigid PNW, wet & foggy conditions I was hitting some 235 carry "bombs" lol. Might as well have been hitting a hockey puck.

Ah yes I remember it well! As much as that weather sucks, I would have been thrilled to have joined you for that!

I think I want the TSR4 was playing with it at the range today and can’t stay away from it. It for whatever reason feels more stable at impact, like it’s not moving around like the 3. 🤷‍♂️

I think I want the TSR4 was playing with it at the range today and can’t stay away from it. It for whatever reason feels more stable at impact, like it’s not moving around like the 3. 🤷‍♂️

The stability comes from the face of the tsr2......both use the multi plateau VFT which truly does the best job of maintaining ballspeed across the face.....the 3 has speed ring and is better in center

I played the Tsi2 10* most of this year . I liked it forgiving accurate but could not get the launch up enough even lofted up 1.5 * I felt I was leaving distance on the table because of the low flight. I went to the local golf super store and tried the Tsr2 driver they only had the 10* . I noticed 4-5 mph more ball speed hence more distance and little more launch, sound feel very much better, launch was still lower than I want . Since then I have sold off enough gear to afford the new one . I want to try it again to see what if the result s are the same . If so I think I may order the TSR2 in a 11* it would be just what I need .

I played the Tsi2 10* most of this year . I liked it forgiving accurate but could not get the launch up enough even lofted up 1.5 * I felt I was leaving distance on the table because of the low flight. I went to the local golf super store and tried the Tsr2 driver they only had the 10* . I noticed 4-5 mph ball speed hence more distance and little more launch, sound feel very much better, launch was still lower than I want . Since then I have sold off enough gear to afford the new one . I want to try it again to see what if the result s are the same . If so I think I may order the TSR2 in a 11* it would be just what I need .
I tend to be a lower ball hitter with my driver too. The TSR2 11 has made a big difference for me. Of course it would be best to get to hit one first but just wanted to say that it was the right move for me.

Unfortunately, mine cracked a few weeks ago, and I am chomping at the bit to get it back. Just scheduled a fitting to dial in the shaft too.

Unfortunately, mine cracked a few weeks ago, and I am chomping at the bit to get it back. Just scheduled a fitting to dial in the shaft too.
Your TSR cracked?

Your TSR cracked?

Yes, I was hitting on the range and heard a pop and subsequent swings sounded like a nerf ball in the air. Titleist was great. They just said to send it back.

Yes, I was hitting on the range and heard a pop and subsequent swings sounded like a nerf ball in the air. Titleist was great. They just said to send it back.
I unfortunately flattened the face of my fairway, just sent that back to get replaced.

I unfortunately flattened the face of my fairway, just sent that back to get replaced.

I haven't even hit mine yet! I got it over two weeks ago, and I have been so busy with work haven't made it outside other than to walk the dog.

we've been really busy moving back into our house, but i made an effort to finally peel the plastic off the tsr3 and get it on the range this morning. i did a little side by side with my i2, and some shaft swapping. tr blue 6r won today over the 1k black 60s, and the tsr3 won out over the tsi2, particularly on heel strikes. the r3 seems to manage those beautifully, whereas the i2 could get very shapely. high on the face feels pretty awful but the results were impressive. the r3 feel is going to take a little getting used to (looking at you @DNice26), particularly over the i2. at the end of the bucket i found a good feel that pushed my strike closer to center and was seeing some excellent stuff.

Did a fairly comprehensive driver fitting today and the R3 was lights out the best choice for me. Sprayed the R2 and 4 all over the place. The R3 only wanted the fairway. Can't wait to get it out onto the course.

we've been really busy moving back into our house, but i made an effort to finally peel the plastic off the tsr3 and get it on the range this morning. i did a little side by side with my i2, and some shaft swapping. tr blue 6r won today over the 1k black 60s, and the tsr3 won out over the tsi2, particularly on heel strikes. the r3 seems to manage those beautifully, whereas the i2 could get very shapely. high on the face feels pretty awful but the results were impressive. the r3 feel is going to take a little getting used to (looking at you @DNice26), particularly over the i2. at the end of the bucket i found a good feel that pushed my strike closer to center and was seeing some excellent stuff.
Pretty good comparison to the previous model. Did you notice any distance gains or spin differences or did you not have the monitor out?

Did a fairly comprehensive driver fitting today and the R3 was lights out the best choice for me. Sprayed the R2 and 4 all over the place. The R3 only wanted the fairway. Can't wait to get it out onto the course.
Sounds like we had same fitting. Months later the R3 is still killer for me. Misses just don't hurt like they used to.

Sounds like we had same fitting. Months later the R3 is still killer for me. Misses just don't hurt like they used to.

Love to hear it. And I agree. The misses were what sold me on the R3. Poor strikes didn't produce poor results. Hoping it translates well to the course.

Pretty good comparison to the previous model. Did you notice any distance gains or spin differences or did you not have the monitor out?

monitor is kaput at the moment. i have a call with foresight tomorrow, they think it’s a software issue. as soon as it’s back in business i’ll do some testing!

something else i noticed was that the i2 spin really kicks up out of the bottom whereas r3 maintained distance much better

monitor is kaput at the moment. i have a call with foresight tomorrow, they think it’s a software issue. as soon as it’s back in business i’ll do some testing!

something else i noticed was that the i2 spin really kicks up out of the bottom whereas r3 maintained distance much better
Bummer about the monitor. Thats great news though, one of my misses is low haha

Love to hear it. And I agree. The misses were what sold me on the R3. Poor strikes didn't produce poor results. Hoping it translates well to the course.
That's been the biggest benefit for my game. I can get it in play and manageable on poor swings/contact. And the square ones just fly 🦅

Just picked up a HZRDUS Black 4g 60 6.0 off fleabay for a relative song, planning some range work next week to validate initial promising stuff I saw in my lesson/mini fitting and range session last week. I am excite, I hope this move is just the ticket to help tighten up my dispersion :love:

Ok, what did I do now?

haha just saying the tsr3 sound was noticeably different for me on the range today

In comparison to your TSi2?

Due to range rocks?

In comparison to your TSi2?

Due to range rocks?

yes in comparison

yes range rocks

after 2 years i know when i’ve caught the i2 as good as i can. the r3 will take a little bit to find that same understanding, but it’s happening quickly. just interesting to compare side by side and see how the feel of each translates into feedback

Last edited:
Back