Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

e986132d8c04ed8716329be3e412a658.jpg
this little guy showed up today!!

Enjoy, have it and love it

Its the beauty of options dude, different strokes, different folks. Rock what works.
Totally agree James. What I probably need to do is go to a Titleist fitting Center, I probably have the wrong grind, although this was the second one I tried.

Played 9 today and some practice today with these. 58 in k grind is amazing. Easy greenside, magic out of bunkers (wide sole is awesome), and tons of spin on partial swings. Md3s have serious competition, but the 58 k has to surpass huge expectations if it's going to beat out the pm

First 9 with the 58 was impressive. Great weight to it, chipped a few close and chipped in off the back fringe on #9. This thing flat out rocks! I'll be picking up a 54 and maybe a 50 as well.

First round today with the 50* & 56* wow! Lots of drop and stop performance right at the hole. Did exactly what I expected. Beautiful wedges.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Anyone using the new Vokey 64 degree T-Grind yet?

Anyone using the new Vokey 64 degree T-Grind yet?
To be honest I've not even seen it yet. My 64 experiments have always ended terribly.

First 18 hole round with these yesterday.

The 54 got a workout and was the star of the day of the entire bag. Highlight was a pitch from about 40 yards on a par 5. I landed it about 25 feet left of the hole right on a slope. it stopped on a dime, spun to the right and rolled to 6" at which time RNG, said fantastic shot and threw it back to me.

I didn't' get a good feel for the 58 as the bunkers there were a mess, very firm packed from a lot of rain. So I ended up using the 54 with the lower bounce on a few.

I gave up on the 60' SM6 n my bag, but my 58' with the K grind was flat out a star in my round yesterday! The course we played had a lot of thicker rough around the greens, so I decided to see what the 58' could do. I think out of 11 greenside shots, I got up & down in one shot 8 times. The ball just popped right out. The bunkers on the course were more on the thin side, so I didn't use this one out of the sand.

I gave up on the 60' SM6 n my bag, but my 58' with the K grind was flat out a star in my round yesterday! The course we played had a lot of thicker rough around the greens, so I decided to see what the 58' could do. I think out of 11 greenside shots, I got up & down in one shot 8 times. The ball just popped right out. The bunkers on the course were more on the thin side, so I didn't use this one out of the sand.

That's awesome to hear. I think it will work great for me as well, I just need to find the right bunkers. As many as I was in on Saturday (Royal New Kent) you would have thought I would have gotten a good idea. But you are aware the condition of those bunkers were not made for something with a lot of bounce.

That's awesome to hear. I think it will work great for me as well, I just need to find the right bunkers. As many as I was in on Saturday (Royal New Kent) you would have thought I would have gotten a good idea. But you are aware the condition of those bunkers were not made for something with a lot of bounce.
I wouldn't over think the bounce number the k is still pretty darn good out of hard stuff. It took me getting comfortable with the idea that it wasn't a one trick pony but if you trust the club and your swing it will do work for you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't over think the bounce number the k is still pretty darn good out of hard stuff. It took me getting comfortable with the idea that it wasn't a one trick pony but if you trust the club and your swing it will do work for you.

yeah, part of it the green side bunker I talking about seemed like it was a good 10 to 15 feet below the green and huge!! I took two pretty good swings, and by that I mean good contact and they both hit the top and came back. Fianlly the third one, I had to hit it like it was a 60 yard shot to clear the bunker and it made it out (barely) But that said, if that bunker had been a normal bunker, the first shot would have turned out just fine. it got through the hard packed sand well enough. Just the 54 did a bit better on a later similar shot.

yeah, part of it the green side bunker I talking about seemed like it was a good 10 to 15 feet below the green and huge!! I took two pretty good swings, and by that I mean good contact and they both hit the top and came back. Fianlly the third one, I had to hit it like it was a 60 yard shot to clear the bunker and it made it out (barely) But that said, if that bunker had been a normal bunker, the first shot would have turned out just fine. it got through the hard packed sand well enough. Just the 54 did a bit better on a later similar shot.
Ahh good ole strantz I love his courses

I have the 58K in the SM5. I agree, that is very nice both around the green...in addition to from the bunkers.

I'm sure the SM6 is an improvement!

I love these wedges the more and more I use them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I tried two 58's and two 60's in the L/M/S/K grinds off a mat with GC2 and didn't notice much visibly different in ball flight between them and my SM5's. I was using pretty beat up demo balls so the spin numbers were considerably lower than with the ball I normally play. I also couldn't tell any difference between the grinds off a flat mat. I'm signed up for a Titleist Thursday fitting in two weeks with the intent to try the difference grinds in actual playing conditions and with urethane golf balls. I was supposed to go last week but it was rained out.

My 60 was in my bag when the bag room pulled it for me to practice/play on Sunday. Was a nice surprise, I had ordered it a couple weeks earlier at a demo day at my club.

Hit a few balls with it on the range and used it a few times on the course. So far so good. Looks great, feels great and performed very well. Lots of zip on pitches and chips around the green, and very versatile. I think I'm going to like this club a lot.

60* M Grind with the satin chrome finish, a C Taper stiff shaft and a GP NDMC red/white Vokey grip.

I am still amazed how soft these wedges feel. I've owned Vokeys in the past but these are buttery smooth for me. I know when I hit them well and can count on the distances. Glad to have them back in the bag again.

SM6 Raw wedges hit Vokey.com today. This could get very expensive for me.

SM6 Raw wedges hit Vokey.com today. This could get very expensive for me.
Saw that email as well. Not a huge fan on the raw look as I don't like rust but they look good.

Back