Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

So last night I was about 60 yards out to a front pin. I hit a great looking shot, it took one bounce and I was prepared for it to take one more and stop (thank you Pro V) but it hit the flag stick and rolled about 10 feet away. But the feel and look of that shot on the way to the flag, almost made me feel like I knew what I was doing...LOL

Just bought the 60 Degree M Grind in tour chrome last night. Think the look is awesome. Face looks a little smaller to me eye than the SM4s I am coming from. Was time to upgrade as my wedges are beat up after several years of non-stop use. Went with the M as I use the club everywhere for my short game and believe its the most versatile. Also I am a bit shallow with my attack angle for short game. Won't put it into play until next week as I have an event this weekend and want to use the wedge I am comfortable/familiar with, but can't wait to put this baby into action.

Have gotten in a few rounds with my 54S and 58M and love them. The feel is great and the turf interaction is much better than the old Vokey SM's they're replacing. S grind is really working well for all the pitches around the green and the M is really great for all the more "adventurous" shots. Great wedges.

I really like the SM6. Got a chance to hit some a few weeks back. However, paying $50 more for the raw wedge seems like absolute lunacy to me.

Saw that email as well. Not a huge fan on the raw look as I don't like rust but they look good.

I'm a big fan of rusty wedges, that's why I got excited. I almost got the SM5 Raw wedges last year until I heard the SM6s were coming out. But I'll still probably save some money and get the black finish that will eventually rust instead of the raw wedges and their added cost.

I'm a big fan of rusty wedges, that's why I got excited. I almost got the SM5 Raw wedges last year until I heard the SM6s were coming out. But I'll still probably save some money and get the black finish that will eventually rust instead of the raw wedges and their added cost.
The black is easily stripped off to get you a raw wedge as well. Just takes a bit or work but worth it to save the money IMO.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Starting to enjoy the 58*. Had been using it bunker only but now hitting it on certain shots out to 70 yards from the rough. Love how it rips through the rough and lands soft. Still terrified to fiddle around with it from tight lies but 1 thing at a time

Last edited:
Putting a 56/10 S grind and a 60/8 M grind in the bag both are black finish

Starting to enjoy the 58*. Had been using it bunker only but now hitting it on certain shots out to 70 yards from the rough. Love how it rips through the rough and lands soft. Still terrified to fiddle around with it from tight lies but 1 thing at a time
I was the same way at first with the 58. Only used it in the bunker and actually wasn't in a lot so it wasn't gettting a lot of use. Then one day during a round with our Assistant Pro he showed me how effective it can be from about 30 yards in. Just lands it nice and soft, works great especially on those front pin placements.

You have a couple with the black Finish ? How are they wearing ?

No sir i have tour chrome. I know jimmynumbers has the black though
Awful pictures but here is the wear on my 54. It is wearing pretty darn well I think the sole is pretty worn but that is to be expected from this type of finish. The Black is not meant to be durable of you want durability then I suggest going a different route.

9edb1af0a86dd6f7b22dfcbe43424db3.jpg

24c17d70bec254f5b698fd97294eac7a.jpg

1bba342cb9eb95ab57b231390194c95c.jpg

Awful pictures but here is the wear on my 54. It is wearing pretty darn well I think the sole is pretty worn but that is to be expected from this type of finish. The Black is not meant to be durable of you want durability then I suggest going a different route.

I am not really worried if it is super durable I wondering if it will wear evenly on the contact surfaces which it looks like it does form your pictures

Loving my 60* as well, though I haven't felt the urge to replace my old 50 and 56 ATVs yet (the 56 is from my testing here). That said, when I do look to update those, the SM6s have won me over enough to make them a shoe in for the job.

I am not really worried if it is super durable I wondering if it will wear evenly on the contact surfaces which it looks like it does form your pictures
Yep it is wearing pretty darn even. Obviously the sole and if you hit the same spot on the face all the time (I do not) will wear a bit faster but it is still pretty darn even all things considered.

You have a couple with the black Finish ? How are they wearing ?

No sir i have tour chrome. I know jimmynumbers has the black though

9edb1af0a86dd6f7b22dfcbe43424db3.jpg

24c17d70bec254f5b698fd97294eac7a.jpg

1bba342cb9eb95ab57b231390194c95c.jpg

Here's my post from the other thread.

Took these pictures last night of mine after cleaning them to show how the wear has been on the raw black. The 60* is the most beat up because that's the only club I hit out of the sand. I've spent a good amount of time in the practice bunker as well but I can say I'm very happy with the wear so far. It was definitely a bit of a concern for me at first but they're holding up just as good as the SM5s and that's all I was hoping for.

60*
58f66c80eb4acaccc08f78791e6b75f1.jpg

6d6dd2a99514247b32c7364cd123b4ba.jpg

c6188631140259550f436e2afe0bcf5f.jpg

54*
d74706d184267643f739177d8e3ab94c.jpg

27d78849be36418bfe8e5a162561c7ad.jpg

326c999cb17318022f2bbe2d4a33c531.jpg

50*
7ef008b7b74b65f36e7d31fff16d16bc.jpg

f4d1379a36cb5ce33686f754caf2e586.jpg

fef9ad80b49e5003b5a08e2858a6363f.jpg

I need to get some updated pictures in much better lighting I keep saying I will but I keep being lazy. I will do so tomorrow for sure. Wear has been pretty much the same from these pictures, although I had one poor strike with a sandy range ball that ruined the perfect triangle I had going on my 54*

I too have been using the 58.12 a lot. Love that K grind. Hasn't found a lie it doesn't like. My swing gives it fits every now and then, but as I use it more it's becoming very friendly. I'll try to get pics of the wear. I have the black finish as well - I have about 3-4 rounds on them. Don't think they are wearing funny at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have been using the 58.12 a lot. Love that K grind. Hasn't found a lie it doesn't like. My swing gives it fits every now and then, but as I use it more it's becoming very friendly. I'll try to get pics of the wear. I have the black finish as well - I have about 3-4 rounds on them. Don't think they are wearing funny at all.

Yep the k grind is outstanding. I wouldn't mind a touch more heel relief but overall the k grind does exactly what I need it for and that is getting out of bunkers and touch shots.

The 54* in this set is absolutely amazing. 100 yards on the money full swings and im comfortable enough with it for all kinds of partial swing shots out to 80 yards as well as greenside. Just need to stop thinking a need to hit lob wedge all the time and let this thing do its job.

Last edited:
The 54* got a workout all day yesterday in my matches. It performed extremely well and left me or my partner with good looks at make able putts and in some cases a little bit longer than wanted but from the lies the ball came out perfect.

the 60 was a beast out of the sand a couple times.

Man i love this sm6 54*. Ive gotten comfortable on the partial swing shots with it from like 70 and 80 and it continues to shine. Even taking divots on those shots and its been money on full swing shots. I just need to work on partial swings and make them partial and not decel

Man i love this sm6 54*. Ive gotten comfortable on the partial swing shots with it from like 70 and 80 and it continues to shine. Even taking divots on those shots and its been money on full swing shots. I just need to work on partial swings and make them partial and not decel

They're really freaking good wedges. The options out right now are ridiculous. I still throw mine in time to time, and my #1 and #2 on the HS team have made the move to SM6 and LOVE them.

Had a demo sm6 the last round I played in 54* 08bounce club was money for the slot I need it to fill. I'll be ordering it tomorrow +1/2 and 2* upright

I just don't get along with these. I haven't hit a confident shot with them in a few rounds trying.

I just don't get along with these. I haven't hit a confident shot with them in a few rounds trying.

Same here fupresti. I've just been struggling with the 56* in general and just put an MD3 in the bag to see how it goes. The SM6 just hasn't clicked for me.

Back