Took the PXG bait , and here are my way too early thoughts.

I can’t keep up with the numbering system
Are you aware that the numbering system is based on Marine MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) with 0311 being Infantry and 0811 being Artillery? I definitely can see the connection to irons being 0311 and "woods" being 0811. Not sure how 0211 fits in being code for Intelligence. :LOL:

Parsons is ex-Marine and his "Heroes" program for Military, First Responders and Veterans is probably the best of any OEM.

I ordered the 0811X+ Proto driver and received it on July 30. So far I'm still getting used to it, trying different weight, loft and lie configurations to see what works best. Even though I've not settled on a final combination, Shot Scope shows me averaging (P-AVG) 6 yards longer than my Epic Flash. I keep thinking about the irons and it is hard to ignore the price on Gen 2 0311s at $79/club while they last. Maybe Gen 3's will cone down in price in the future when Gen 5 are introduced. the future. :)

Well doesn’t look like I will get a round of golf in this year with these clubs, but I am very excited about next spring. More and more these irons impress me which is a nice thing as the honeymoon stage is over. On pure hits I would say they are almost a half club longer than my Srixon 545s in similar lofts, but on misses I would say they are a full club longer if that makes sense. The biggest surprise today was the 0211 Driver which I have been a fan of, but today really showed me something I had not seen in over 2 years, that is about a 250+ yard carry, which for me at my swing speed is very good, and became almost automatic last 6-7 shots. I still kick myself I didn’t get the 3 wood as well when it was so cheap.

finally got to hit the 0211 driver (9* / diamana S70 limited S)...very forgiving, good distance and feel. it is taking a little adjustment coming from the SIM2 Max/Tensei AV Raw Blue 60S but i hit a few tee shots pretty close to the distance i was getting with the SIM2 Max. from what i can see, they're back up to $249 so still a great price on these.

finally got to hit the 0211 driver (9* / diamana S70 limited S)...very forgiving, good distance and feel. it is taking a little adjustment coming from the SIM2 Max/Tensei AV Raw Blue 60S but i hit a few tee shots pretty close to the distance i was getting with the SIM2 Max. from what i can see, they're back up to $249 so still a great price on these.
and 2011 Irons are down to 79.00 best deal going

already have the new 790s so i can't ;)
1000% understandable, but just Crazy, waiting for the 3 wood and come back down some time.

1000% understandable, but just Crazy, waiting for the 3 wood and come back down some time.

Yeah, the 0211 driver is back up to 249...got it while it was 199...want to grab a 4 or 5H but hoping those prices come in line with the 0211 driver and iron prices

Ok here goes. I have the gen 2 irons. They were approx $95? Per stick. Not terrible but frankly, buying equipment should not be game show where prices change as fast and as often as they do with PXG.

I also, in different orders had the forged wedges, and both the 0211 and 0811x driver.

all has been sold except the irons.

the Mizuno wedges i received are simply put, superior in feel and control. The 0211 driver while ok lost it to the 0811x. The x, for me, pretty pretty pretty good. But enter the STG-220. That’s a great driver, though we have a love hate relationship. Some days it’s just off. I think it may be the shaft, so i obtained a diamana M+, to test out tomorrow. I also took the @Desmond bait and ordered the Honma driver. There will be a competition soon!

I’m not a fan of the commercials, they are a huge turn off for me, and the pricing infuriates me to no end. A sale on occasion or for good reason, sure, but WTF Parsons just spins some random price wheel in the basement to piss people off, not so much.

what’s really sad is the xf gen 2s are super clubs, they work. They are a bit big though.

Ok here goes. I have the gen 2 irons. They were approx $95? Per stick. Not terrible but frankly, buying equipment should not be game show where prices change as fast and as often as they do with PXG.

I also, in different orders had the forged wedges, and both the 0211 and 0811x driver.

all has been sold except the irons.

the Mizuno wedges i received are simply put, superior in feel and control. The 0211 driver while ok lost it to the 0811x. The x, for me, pretty pretty pretty good. But enter the STG-220. That’s a great driver, though we have a love hate relationship. Some days it’s just off. I think it may be the shaft, so i obtained a diamana M+, to test out tomorrow. I also took the @Desmond bait and ordered the Honma driver. There will be a competition soon!

I’m not a fan of the commercials, they are a huge turn off for me, and the pricing infuriates me to no end. A sale on occasion or for good reason, sure, but WTF Parsons just spins some random price wheel in the basement to piss people off, not so much.

what’s really sad is the xf gen 2s are super clubs, they work. They are a bit big though.
I almost bit on the Gen 2 XF about a month ago when they were $89 each, but decided to wait for the Gen 3 XPs to come down a bit instead. I had a set in the cart for a couple of days when I noticed they’d dropped from $199 to $149. I wanted to sleep on it for a day or two and when I checked again they were $135.
I placed an order at that price, but like you, I’m leery of these constant pricing changes. There’s always a part of me thinking I can get a better deal if I just wait a bit longer.
Case in point, my neighbor ordered a set of the 0211 DC irons two weeks ago at $99 per. A week later they went down to $89 and I told him to wait a Few days before calling for a credit. Sure enough they dropped to $78 today.
Those irons are so good, I honestly don’t know why anyone who is good enough to play a set between the i and g series would even consider another OEM right now. That said, it has to be infuriating to those who paid $119 or $129 a month ago.

Last edited:
Struggling to understand why, when PXG listened to criticism and developed a lower cost iron set (0211’s) and seems to be trying to offer deep discounts on clubs when they can, now THAT pisses people off :)

I get that folks either love or hate Parsons, but even in wild and wacky 2021 aren’t price breaks a good thing?

I look at the PXG web site and, and with all the pricing marked down, looks like a cheap knock-off operation. But in the apparel section they want $55 for a t-shirt and $160 for a pair of shorts.

Struggling to understand why, when PXG listened to criticism and developed a lower cost iron set (0211’s) and seems to be trying to offer deep discounts on clubs when they can, now THAT pisses people off :)

I get that folks either love or hate Parsons, but even in wild and wacky 2021 aren’t price breaks a good thing?
Price breaks are a great thing, price fluctuations based on a whim, literally changing day by day, not so much.

PXG has Been the best thing going for the average golfer for the last year and a half.
I wish them, and their owner nothing but the best. I just wish more people out there knew how great their clubs and discounts are right now.

PXG has Been the best thing going for the average golfer for the last year and a half.
I wish them, and their owner nothing but the best. I just wish more people out there knew how great their clubs and discounts are right now.
I have read and heard many good things about PXG equipment. I think the original high price point turned ppl off. Some would say they were more form over function. Me. I don't buy that sentiment. Bottom line is they make great gear and look after our service men and woman. The clubs perform as well if not better than all the other big OEM brands if you believe the reviews.

I am in Australia and the pxg gear is hard to get here, they have only one distributer and the are a fitting centre located in another state and they do not have a online store to order from either. Anyways I took the plunge and ordered a used set of Gen 4 0311T irons from 2nd swing as I think with the reviews I have read and my game these would be the best suited irons for me. (I currently play Mizuno 921 Sel tour irons). I really like that fact that PXG looks after service men and woman and if the clubs perform just as good if not better than other OEMS then I would rather see my money go on PXG gear. Just a shame they don't ship to Australia.

If anyone has the 0311 Gen t irons I would love to hear your feedback on them.

I'm getting a fitting done in November and I'm all-but certain I'll buy the 0211 driver after that fitting. Unless I randomly hate it for some reason. The blend of forgiveness and distance for that price is just too good to pass up.

Little less sure on the 0211 DC irons. The price is extremely alluring and the reviews are great but have a feeling something like the Ping G425s would make a better investment longer-term. Will see how they feel in the fitting.

Little less sure on the 0211 DC irons. The price is extremely alluring and the reviews are great but have a feeling something like the Ping G425s would make a better investment longer-term. Will see how they feel in the fitting.

Feel on them is supposed to be top notch especially for cast. I haven't hit the DC's but did own the 1st gen 0211's and they felt really soft to me for a cast iron. I just didn't care for the Steelfiber shaft that was in them. Kinda felt harsh and firm to me.

The G425's I believe will be a slightly larger profile than the DC's. From what I read the DC's are a progressive set. Longer irons will be more G425 like in size but the scoring irons are more like an i210 in size. I have owned the 0311SGI Gen 2,s 0311XF Gen 2s and the 0311P Gen 2's. They just never stuck for whatever reason.

As my swing has changed though recently, kinda wished I had kept some of these around to try again.
With the recent drop in price on the DC's was thinking about trying those out.

Good thing is, PXG has a 30 day return policy. You lose 15% to a restocking fee plus are out the shipping costs but at least you don't have to deal with selling them outright and recoup about 80% of your money back.

Feel on them is supposed to be top notch especially for cast. I haven't hit the DC's but did own the 1st gen 0211's and they felt really soft to me for a cast iron. I just didn't care for the Steelfiber shaft that was in them. Kinda felt harsh and firm to me.

The G425's I believe will be a slightly larger profile than the DC's. From what I read the DC's are a progressive set. Longer irons will be more G425 like in size but the scoring irons are more like an i210 in size. I have owned the 0311SGI Gen 2,s 0311XF Gen 2s and the 0311P Gen 2's. They just never stuck for whatever reason.

As my swing has changed though recently, kinda wished I had kept some of these around to try again.
With the recent drop in price on the DC's was thinking about trying those out.

Good thing is, PXG has a 30 day return policy. You lose 15% to a restocking fee plus are out the shipping costs but at least you don't have to deal with selling them outright and recoup about 80% of your money back.

Good points. And the pricing is incredible. 5-PW for £600 for fitted irons with a premium grip added is just crazy. To put it into perspective, it's £200 less than some Callaway Apex 19 sets are selling for second hand!

I'll see how I get on at the fitting. My pro doesn't have much positive to say about PXG and recommends ping but then he stocks ping but not PXG so have to take that with a slight pinch of salt. I don't begrudge him positioning products that he can sell, he's got a business to run.

Good points. And the pricing is incredible. 5-PW for £600 for fitted irons with a premium grip added is just crazy. To put it into perspective, it's £200 less than some Callaway Apex 19 sets are selling for second hand!

I'll see how I get on at the fitting. My pro doesn't have much positive to say about PXG and recommends ping but then he stocks ping but not PXG so have to take that with a slight pinch of salt. I don't begrudge him positioning products that he can sell, he's got a business to run.

No one stocks PXG. Their newest venture is PXG Stores - there is one not far from me.:rolleyes:

No one stocks PXG. Their newest venture is PXG Stores - there is one not far from me.:rolleyes:

I get the logic from PXG's perspective.

By selling direct they protect their margins and/or enable themselves to offer more competitive pricing.

Just feel a little bad for my pro. He's given me plenty of advice and I'd like to buy from him but I'm not going to spend £200-300 more for the pings if I like the 0211 DC irons as much.

I get the logic from PXG's perspective.

By selling direct they protect their margins and/or enable themselves to offer more competitive pricing.

Just feel a little bad for my pro. He's given me plenty of advice and I'd like to buy from him but I'm not going to spend £200-300 more for the pings if I like the 0211 DC irons as much.

PXG has had so many twists in strategy in their short existence. They've pissed off a lot of people. Parsons doesn't care.

I have the Proto driver with speeder shaft and I paid $600 or so for it, all in. had it for over a year and its the best driver/shaft combo, I've ever had. I don't even fret about the cost. at the time, it wasn't discounted and sure if I waited I could always find it cheaper, but 15 months later, its still high, long, beautiful bombs (in Phil's voice). Its the most expensive club I have ever owned but I do not have driver club lust like I do other clubs in the bag.

I did own the 0311P (Gen 1) irons for about 3 years and loved them too. I sold them for $300 less than I paid for them, so that was the greatest return on an iron set I had experienced. so far, my experience with PXG has been a positive one.

played a quick 5-6 holes yesterday with the 0211...it's as good as my SIM2 Max...the sound just isn't quite there for me but it works. i hit a couple of drives that i didn't think went as far as they did...still playing the diamana and i am coming around to it but i might throw a tensei in it to see if it feels better to me.

I've not heard much on their putters, but I decided to give one a shot anyway. Got the Battle Ready Bat Attack with the weight kit.

This thing is really, really good. TBH its a touch smaller than I was expecting, but its not a problem. The look and finish is above and beyond, and I cant tell you enough how much I enjoy putting with it. Feels great, has performed very well for me also. I'm honestly surprised there's not more talk about their putters after using it for a while.

Back