Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

TRUTH ^ i have had every toe hit that i feel like its a miss....actually turn out to be crazy long
Diamond Face 2.0 works (y)

Diamond Face 2.0 works (y)
It sure does. Loved the video from Tour Edge, with the cut outs of the diamonds on the inside. I'm very much a visual learner, so it brought the tech to reality for me. Now, continuing to test it out just confirms that what TE was trying to do works in the real world, for the average golfer.

First time on the range with it today.
Overall pleased. I’m not good with a Driver.
And I did have some slices lol.
But when I did my best .. which is nothing to brag about.. the ball flight was really nice.. the way I would want it.
Good height , good angle of descent, that should offer decent roll. (Can’t see the roll on the range)

Distance looked great too, actually very pleased. I don’t swing fast, and this one has the red Ventus R flex.
Speaking of, supposedly a mid flight specification, I’d rate it as Mid+ maybe mid++

It was more money than I would normally spend. I am optimistic that it will be in the bag for a long time.

tomorrow is the real deal.. on the course, should be interesting.

But when I did my best .. which is nothing to brag about.. the ball flight was really nice.. the way I would want it.
Good height , good angle of descent, that should offer decent roll. (Can’t see the roll on the range)

Distance looked great too, actually very pleased. I don’t swing fast, and this one has the red Ventus R flex.
Speaking of, supposedly a mid flight specification, I’d rate it as Mid+ maybe mid++

It was more money than I would normally spend. I am optimistic that it will be in the bag for a long time.

Have fun tomorrow! I think you'll be happy with this one overall. The forgiveness is there, and so is the distance. Excited to hear more after the round!

Tell me why I should take my in plastic ST200G and trade in for this big stick?
Especially as I'm thinking about doing it for the EXS Pro..

Tell me why I should take my in plastic ST200G and trade in for this big stick?
Especially as I'm thinking about doing it for the EXS Pro..
I dont have experience with the pro, but the C721 is forgiving, is as long as anything else, not to mention it looks, feels and sounds great. It really is the entire package for me. I listed my old gamer for sale because this one isnt coming out anytime soon.

I had someone who gamed an EXS 220 last year look at and swing this, and he said the look and performance speak to the advancement for Tour Edge for the C721. It is truly a step up.

Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Well done, And for me, I had a Sim in he bag until i hit the C721, I had the Red Ventus also, but i switch to the Stiff. The smoothness of the way that ball just jumps of the face, even when its a little off center. I have been a Taylormade guy since the mid nineties. If you would have told me a year ago io would find a driver i loved the flight of, the distance of, the playability of more than mine....I would; have bet you ALOT.

Welcome to Tour Edge

Fwiw, I have a tour edge HL4 also in 10.5
It can be straight.... but always seems low flight. Maybe one day I’ll find a deal on a better shaft to glue in.

40 degrees when I was out on the course getting data, so speed is what it is in those conditions, but honestly, as forgiving and easy launching as this is, I think it’s too low spin for me.
B3701F5C-86FF-42DF-8647-A717C59FD638.jpeg

40 degrees when I was out on the course getting data, so speed is what it is in those conditions, but honestly, as forgiving and easy launching as this is, I think it’s too low spin for me.
View attachment 9004554
Maybe you need a regular flex shaft like me :ROFLMAO:

Maybe you need a regular flex shaft like me :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha, I don’t want my peak any higher! I’ve found my height again.

It’s a WONDERFUL driver, but I’m still stunned I’m seeing lowe spin on average than the EXS Pro

Hahaha, I don’t want my peak any higher! I’ve found my height again.

It’s a WONDERFUL driver, but I’m still stunned I’m seeing lowe spin on average than the EXS Pro
That is pretty stunning honestly. Especially for a head that claims extreme MOI. I know its lower spinning than my Xtreme was but have no idea how much lower sadly.

That is pretty stunning honestly. Especially for a head that claims extreme MOI. I know its lower spinning than my Xtreme was but have no idea how much lower sadly.
Wilder is it’s much more forgiving. It’s got me still trying to find footing on my words for my review article that’s someone.

Short honeymoon from range to course haha. Why oh why !!
Funny but I have some sort for mental concentration disconnect when on the course, unlike the range.

Funny but I have some sort for mental concentration disconnect when on the course, unlike the range.
That's alright, we all have those days. Keep up with this one, and I'm hoping you find the same forgiving driver I found. It's in there!

View attachment 9004554
That's some low low spin, I asked earlier if I should trade my ST200G in for this but that may push me back to the EXS Pro

That's some low low spin, I asked earlier if I should trade my ST200G in for this but that may push me back to the EXS Pro
Pro is much more demanding than this, and you’re looking at maybe a hundred RPM more spin on average....maybe.

I want easy but that spin, torn. Shaft could bring some of that up I guess
Eh, shaft doesn’t effect spin as much as the internet wants you to believe :ROFLMAO:

Now, golf ball on the other hand.....

I’ll add, the data set that will be in my article is 13 swings, some pure, some low, some high, a couple to the heel side.

High spin for me was 2500 on a miss you’d anticipate a spin bump, low spin on that anticipated miss hit 1400. Average was 1900 overall, but the avg launch was 12.9 which for a person with enough speed those numbers mean a lot of distance.

All this was me playing it at standard 9.0, I could loft up a bit and likely bump the spin a scunch.

And I’ll add to the add, it’s a really effing good driver.

Been there, done that- I love it when I am piping it on the range and the the first tee shot is high and right....Love it when i am so high and right i still hit the fairway. Problem it was on nine ......not one

Lol!
Often enough at things like golf that can get over complicated... it’s time to just chill out and get back to basics.

I like “equipment “ as much as the next person.
However as a high index, so called “player “, I’m happy to take many steps backwards to work on the important simple things that need to come first.
I do believe this tour edge club, will add value to that.
It’s important to be optimistic and to believe in yourself and your tools of the game!

Back