Tour Edge Exotics C722 Ti-Utility Review

Tagging @Carolina Dundee again but the Ti-Utility was an absolutely on point for me yesterday. I love how I am able to grip down on this one and hit it low and controlled when needed. It’s also one that I can shape.

I was able to hit a nice high draw with it on an approach shot on a par 5 and hit it accurately off the tee.

Call me crazy, but I'm pondering replacing my 4i with 22* since I am liking the 17* so much.

Call me crazy, but I'm pondering replacing my 4i with 22* since I am liking the 17* so much.
Not crazy...that's what I did

It wasn't that I needed it, but it gave me better results on miss hits

Not crazy...that's what I did

It wasn't that I needed it, but it gave me better results on miss hits
I don't really need it either, but I like how easy it is to flight down the 17.

I think this is a great idea. These things sound really really solid.

I think this is a great idea. These things sound really really solid.

Yes sir. It would be another weapon in the arsenal.

Has anyone replaced their 5i with the 25*? Have been considering replacing my Apex 5i. Don't really want to go the hybrid route because I don't think I would have as much versatility in trajectory. Would probably not hit it off the tee so much as everywhere else (fairway, rough, behind trees 😂).

Has anyone replaced their 5i with the 25*? Have been considering replacing my Apex 5i. Don't really want to go the hybrid route because I don't think I would have as much versatility in trajectory. Would probably not hit it off the tee so much as everywhere else (fairway, rough, behind trees 😂).
@The Dave has replaced his 4i. I think that's the closest I've seen to it.

I replaced my 4i, but that was due to a forgiveness increase from my Cobra MIM Tour irons. If I had a more game improvement set like the Apex I might not have switched since they've got a lot of tech to assist with that aspect.

If trajectory versatility is the goal, this might be a decent club. I can definitely flight the ball lower but then again, I've mostly hit this from the tee and don't need to change trajectory...more needed for pinpoint accuracy and forgiveness on miss hits to keep the ball at a respectable distance

I only used the 17* Ti once yesterday and the hole really didn’t call for it but I wanted to hit it so I went for it. I ended up smoking it right through the fairway.
63DE77D0-5763-4BEA-9803-9876917250FE.png

Thanks for the feedback all. Worst case scenario I can probably throw the AV White into my next attempt to find a 5i replacement.

Hit this 4 times in yesterday's round...one was absolutely blasted...2 were terrible toe draws that I tried to hard to crush after the first one that was a missile and almost missed the ball...it was that bad. The 4th shot was a great shot on a par 5 that I needed to fit through a small window between 2 trees and hit it perfectly. Didn't get great distance but that was a positional shot and set me up perfectly for a par on a par 5. Below is the crushed shot...mind you this was about 10y downhill (I don't think I hit this as far as my 3w 🤔). Just ignore the bladed wedge and other nonsense after the tee shot

1659900616380.png

I used this 4 times off the tee today and just didn't put the best swings on it. I actually hit my 5i twice off the tee because I was hitting it better than the 4i and about the same distance.

One was really good went 225y but was probably aided by a little elevation change. The 3 others were never out of position just about 15-20y further back than I was hoping

Used this once off the tee today and absolutely crushed it to 236y (slightly downhill, but still 😀). If I could guarantee that distance (and accuracy) all the time from this club, I'd consider adding the 2i or 3i equivalent to take the spot of the 3w or 5w. I am so inconsistent with my fairway woods and hybrid (I have replaced the hybrid with the 4i UT), that I'm strongly considering these utility irons to fill the spot after my driver. The one thing I like about FW and Hybrids are the added height they can give you, but if the direction isn't right, what's the added height going to do for you?

The Ti-Utility has been a great little addition to my bag in the spot of a 4i or 4h. It is not the most forgiving because it is like an iron and if you miss it slightly you'll lose some distance, so it's not the "be all end all" club, but in the right hands 👉(@Jeff Spicoli )👈 this club can be a monster

Used this once off the tee today and absolutely crushed it to 236y (slightly downhill, but still 😀). If I could guarantee that distance (and accuracy) all the time from this club, I'd consider adding the 2i or 3i equivalent to take the spot of the 3w or 5w. I am so inconsistent with my fairway woods and hybrid (I have replaced the hybrid with the 4i UT), that I'm strongly considering these utility irons to fill the spot after my driver. The one thing I like about FW and Hybrids are the added height they can give you, but if the direction isn't right, what's the added height going to do for you?

The Ti-Utility has been a great little addition to my bag in the spot of a 4i or 4h. It is not the most forgiving because it is like an iron and if you miss it slightly you'll lose some distance, so it's not the "be all end all" club, but in the right hands 👉(@Jeff Spicoli )👈 this club can be a monster
Have you looked at the numbers? Are you hitting more fairways with the Ti vs the fairway? I like the extra forgiveness of the bigger face of the fairway.

Have you looked at the numbers? Are you hitting more fairways with the Ti vs the fairway? I like the extra forgiveness of the bigger face of the fairway.
I am hitting more fairways with the Ti. I am giving up at least 20y on good strikes, but 1/5 are good strikes with the FW and 3/5 are good with the Ti. I mean even on my worst strikes I've been close to the fairway just because the direction difference isn't as severe with it 🤷‍♂️

I am hitting more fairways with the Ti. I am giving up at least 20y on good strikes, but 1/5 are good strikes with the FW and 3/5 are good with the Ti. I mean even on my worst strikes I've been close to the fairway just because the direction difference isn't as severe with it 🤷‍♂️
Interesting. It makes the Ti low loft ponder something to consider, huh?

My swing was hot garbage today, but I did hit this a few times and it was a joy to hit. Crushed two and hit them almost 230y. Hit one poorly and it went 210y, but still very playable, just left me about 2 clubs longer into the green.

I hit this once from the rough and tried a hero shot that I needed to go around a tree, the carry over a pond to the green was 202y so I thought it was easily gettable...well I hit it perfectly, but clipped the tree and went right into the pond 😕

I haven't hit any other utility iron besides this one, so I'm not going to be any help.

I can say this 4i Ti-Utility I have it world's better than my normal 4i was

Back