Tour Edge Exotics C722 Ti-Utility Review

I didn’t have much time to hit this morning but got in some swings with the C722 17*. I’ve been playing 16* with a 130 shaft so going to 94g is a big weight difference. I was personally concerned that if the lighter weight I will lose some control in a bit of a sense of where the club is in the swing but from what I saw from the initial swings, it doesn’t looks to be an issue yet.
I did not get a chance to hit it off a tee so everything was off the deck. It is but I would say in the low spin side with spin in the mid to high 2000s. Launch was 12-13*.

Dispersion was good and it definitely feels like the ball is really flying off the face. It definitely appears like it is going to be in reliable option off the tee, which is what I’m looking for in this spot. Carry distance was in the mid 240s to low 250s off the deck, which is where I was wanting it to be.

I didn’t have much time to hit this morning but got in some swings with the C722 17*. I’ve been playing 16* with a 130 shaft so going to 94g is a big weight difference. I was personally concerned that if the lighter weight I will lose some control in a bit of a sense of where the club is in the swing but from what I saw from the initial swings, it doesn’t looks to be an issue yet.
I did not get a chance to hit it off a tee so everything was off the deck. It is but I would say in the low spin side with spin in the mid to high 2000s. Launch was 12-13*.

Dispersion was good and it definitely feels like the ball is really flying off the face. It definitely appears like it is going to be in reliable option off the tee, which is what I’m looking for in this spot. Carry distance was in the mid 240s to low 250s off the deck, which is where I was wanting it to be.
It's fine off the tee 😉

If you're getting that distance off the deck, you'll be in for a treat with about 10-15 more yards (at least that's what I saw with the increased launch)

It's fine off the tee 😉

If you're getting that distance off the deck, you'll be in for a treat with about 10-15 more yards (at least that's what I saw with the increased launch)
It will be fun to see how much if any extra distance I will get. Next time I play I will try to use the utility primarily off the tee.

I hit the 4i, TI-UTILITY today 5 times off the tee, found the fairway 4 of those times and averaged 227y with it...it was a savior off the tee when the driver wasn't working well early in the round. I hit two off the deck and one was a good shot that went about 215y and the second one I needed to carry it 202 over a pond, I hit the edge and rolled back in....🤬
I didn't take into account that I was slightly uphill...that cost me on that hole as I proceeded to sh*** the next wedge shot back into the same pond

First round in with the 17* and I am liking what I am seeing. I missed the first two left, which were just over the top pulls, but they were both playable and I made pars from there. I found out I make better contact when I tee it lower. I was 4/5 fairways after that. The one I missed I bailed out on the swing because I was worried I had too much club. I was able to hit a few low ones that got great distance.

I mentioned earlier that I was a bit concerned about feel by going from a heavier iron shaft to a lighter graphite shaft in the driving iron. I played a few years ago another driving iron with a graphite shaft and I never got comfortable with it. I don't see any issue at this with the graphite shaft in the C722.

A little bump in honor of The Open. The Ti-Utility would be a riot at St. Andrews.

Do you think Langer is playing one? Is he even in the Open this year?
He's not playing this year. Does not appear to have one in the bag from the most recent WITB I could. His WITB is pretty wild.

This thing goes. Off the deck from the other night:
E292AF3C-8FB6-4112-AD16-5225E7B35474.jpeg

I'm no @Jeff Spicoli (I think I've said this a few times before :LOL:), but the distance is on display here with the Ti-Utility 4i nearly keeping up with the 3w in distance (green and orange are 3w). Shortest blue circle is the Ti-Utility. It has become my go-to club off the tee on shorter par 4s. I can hit it off the deck and get similar distance, but I'm more inclined to hit this off the tee.

All the distances are carry distance

20220718_074423.jpg

I'm no @Jeff Spicoli (I think I've said this a few times before :LOL:), but the distance is on display here with the Ti-Utility 4i nearly keeping up with the 3w in distance (green and orange are 3w). Shortest blue circle is the Ti-Utility. It has become my go-to club off the tee on shorter par 4s. I can hit it off the deck and get similar distance, but I'm more inclined to hit this off the tee.

View attachment 9105343
The Ti is no slouch on distance. Looks like you are not just hitting it long but consistent as well, which is exactly what you want in that spot.

View attachment 9105343
Are you still seeing better accuracy with the Ti over your previous 4hy off the tee? Feel like you're losing anything on shots off the deck?

The Ti is no slouch on distance. Looks like you are not just hitting it long but consistent as well, which is exactly what you want in that spot.
Are you seeing the same 10-15 yds extra distance off the tee? You're off the turf numbers are ridiculous lol.

Are you still seeing better accuracy with the Ti over your previous 4hy off the tee? Feel like you're losing anything on shots off the deck?
Yes 100% better accuracy. I had higher ball flight with the hybrid but I fought a draw/hook with the hybrid most of the time.

Off the deck I wish the Ti-Utility had a touch more launch like the hybrid, but with the almost point and shoot accuracy, I'll gladly take that trade off

Yes 100% better accuracy. I had higher ball flight with the hybrid but I fought a draw/hook with the hybrid most of the time.

Off the deck I wish the Ti-Utility had a touch more launch like the hybrid, but with the almost point and shoot accuracy, I'll gladly take that trade off
Got it, thanks and good to know. Potentially looking at moving away from hybrids long term due to some consistency issues, so that's pretty intriguing.

Are you seeing the same 10-15 yds extra distance off the tee? You're off the turf numbers are ridiculous lol.
I have not seen much of a difference off the tee. I haven’t had much of chance to test it off the tee but there really wasn’t any noticeable difference.

I was getting about 10y more distance off the tee, but noticed it was strike location (and some added launch) that was getting more distance. If I hit it well off a tee or the deck, it's pretty close...maybe a touch longer off a tee, which I won't complain about

I have not seen much of a difference off the tee. I haven’t had much of chance to test it off the tee but there really wasn’t any noticeable difference.
You're a different animal lol. That distance is crazy.

I was getting about 10y more distance off the tee, but noticed it was strike location (and some added launch) that was getting more distance. If I hit it well off a tee or the deck, it's pretty close...maybe a touch longer off a tee, which I won't complain about
Ahh ok great to know! I mean I expect a little more off the tee, but that makes sense.

Back