Tour Edge Exotics CBX Iron-Wood

I couldn't help myself... shaft coming soon
5eeb6168bc8ae789dca38a0a88cb11fd.jpg
9e984f91caced987c6953fc9c25c1beb.jpg
afa7786c39e7ee4072165e3ee80c9672.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There were 7 Exotics CBX Iron-Woods in play in the 54 player field at the QQQ Championship at Sherwood CC of the 2nd round of the Champions Tour Playoffs. Pretty cool to see that.

I also was able to get this into play Saturday and actually used it quite a bit. It was windy so a couple of the par 3's were playing at least a couple clubs longer. I actually used this on 3 of our par 3's. I will say, on one of them I hit it on the toe and still made the green. When I hit it I was like oh man there is a lay up. Then it just kept going and ended up pin high. My playing partner gave me that look like :cautious:....and I replied with :unsure::LOL:

On #13 par 5, I over drew my tee shot with my driver and when it landed it took a gnarly kick left by the tree row that lines the left side of the fairway. I had to hook it between two trees, under a couple branches, and keep it from going across the fairway and into the sh*t. I hit a killer shot exactly like I painted it chasing up the fairway leaving me 10 yards from the green middle of he fairway. It was awesome.

Lots of success with the 2 iron on the simulator this weekend. In the battle against the 4 wood so far the 2i is a little lower launching with 5ish yards fewer carry. That said, dispersion is much improved with the 2i... I can't wait to get some more head to head numbers, but as of right now the decision will come down to dispersion vs. 5 yards or so.

Lots of success with the 2 iron on the simulator this weekend. In the battle against the 4 wood so far the 2i is a little lower launching with 5ish yards fewer carry. That said, dispersion is much improved with the 2i... I can't wait to get some more head to head numbers, but as of right now the decision will come down to dispersion vs. 5 yards or so.

What is the length difference between the clubs?

What is the length difference between the clubs?
1.75 inches.

With the cbx i went slightly above spec @40.25", and I had recently butt trimmed the rogue 4w down to 42 from 42.75 to see if it helped any with dispersion, which it did to some extent.

More success with these in the latest simulator league outing... the highlight was a tee shot with the 2iw that I caught extremely low on the face, still split the fairway, carried 205ish and rolled out to 215. These will be staying in the bag, I now I just have to dial in distances. Although interest is fully piqued on the new exs DI coming out.

Another positive day; I know these are old news, but they just flat out work for me. I can't wait to see if these pay dividends this upcoming year, as the top of my bag seems like it will be a whole lot more consistent.

I was able to try out the 7 and 9 iron, the 7 with KK graphite and 9 with KBS, holy cow these things are amazing, I have a feeling a 2-GW set in KK will be in my bag sometime in 2018!!!

YzpJ06o.jpg

Feels amazing and I was getting awesome distance, 185 carry and 200 total on the 7 and around 165 carry on the 9.
VpG5eIW.jpg
Fx1gI8J.jpg

Even looks good at address.
v5CSfLD.jpg
It may have taken me a couple years, but I finally found a whole set, and in black pearl, I cannot wait to game them!

They look incredible in person, I love the black finish, and not as big as I expected in the 9-AW, it might be the most headcovers I've ever had in the bag!
IMG_6274.jpegIMG_6273.jpeg

After my first few rounds I am still blown away, the forgiveness, distance and feel on these are great. I'm seeing a bit higher launch compared to my previous epic set, and the distance is probably about 1/2 club more, but the biggest thing is how easy the long irons are compared to the epic set, in it I was comfortable up to about a 6 iron, in these, it's easily the 5 if not the 4. I really wish they would have made a matching set SW but all in all it's a great set to end 2020 with and start 2021.

After my first few rounds I am still blown away, the forgiveness, distance and feel on these are great. I'm seeing a bit higher launch compared to my previous epic set, and the distance is probably about 1/2 club more, but the biggest thing is how easy the long irons are compared to the epic set, in it I was comfortable up to about a 6 iron, in these, it's easily the 5 if not the 4. I really wish they would have made a matching set SW but all in all it's a great set to end 2020 with and start 2021.
NGL, I’m super jealous of that black finish. These are just super easy to hit and have saved my bacon more than a few times where I thought I would be horribly short and wound up putting instead.

NGL, I’m super jealous of that black finish. These are just super easy to hit and have saved my bacon more than a few times where I thought I would be horribly short and wound up putting instead.
That's what I'm seeing too, I'm getting more reliable shots out of even bad strikes. I think I may add a E521 as my 3h to match the set.

Back