Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

That’s impossible to say, it’ll all be about you and your swing. I go 3w, 19, 22U (4i) and they GAPR well because the hybrid actually spins a little.
Yeah I need that 210-220 club and 4hy won't get there

Then you just answered your own question :p
Some charts line did... I know I would be overswinging every single time

Some charts line did... I know I would be overswinging every single time
If it makes you feel any better. The 19 is easy to launch, forgiving, and repeatable. It’s insanely playable for me in that 19 spot.

If it makes you feel any better. The 19 is easy to launch, forgiving, and repeatable. It’s insanely playable for me in that 19 spot.
Yeah a deal was going to be had on a 4hy... I shall wait

I have a gap 3w to 4i ... Usually carry a 3hy 19*, would a 4hy 22* exs be a bad gapping?

I guess that's why I didn't answer this question yesterday - @Jman is correct. You just don't know what will work until you get out there but theoretically, it can work - I go 3 wd (16.5) at 42.5 inches, 19 EXS 220 Hy at 40 in, and then a 4i - 20 deg at 38 in or 22 Hy at 40 in

Stock stiff KBS. I’ve got a Recoil hybo Proto for it, and that’s what’s in the signature, but I can’t make myself change it.

Cool. I have the stock Graphite design shaft 62g R in my Xrails and it launches nice and high with good spin. It feels a decent amount softer than the KBS 70 Reg did though. So I’m Kinda wondering if I get one if I should go with the Lite flex 60g.

Just a quick comment about the EXS 220 16.5 fairway and 19 Hy. Coming in, I knew that I would need to change the stock shafts but I tried them. I come in shallow, don't take a divot - just remove grass, so a mid-kick fwy shaft or an iron shaft in a hybrid will not work for me - I don't generate enough spin. And that's what occurred...

16.5 Fairway - the Ventus R flex gives me low-mid trajectory in the 16.5 and I had to work a little too much - I had my trusty EX10 Beta 5 wd wtih GD AD F 65 Stiff Regular low kick shaft with me and hit it to compare effort and height - With the EX10, I had a high flight and did not feel like I needed to effort. The GD shaft made all the difference. Love the EXS 220 16.5 Clubhead - solid, forgiving, good sound - and I have a GD AD F 55 Shaft in the closet to install with it.

19 Hybrid - lower flight than the 16.5 Fwy for me - very solid - i just don't get along with an iron shaft in a hybrid because I hit a hybrid like a fairway - not much hit down on it - more sweeping and the EXS 220 head - beautiful head - is a tweener in size between hybrid and fairway. The 220 Hy head is solid with great feel - I need to send it to Will Peoples for a CK Pro Red Hy 70 like my other hybrids - it's a perfect hybrid shaft for me - higher launch, mid spin.

After shafting up, will write more.

Last edited:
Just a quick comment about the EXS 220 16.5 fairway and 19 Hy. Coming in, I knew that I would need to change the stock shafts but I tried them. I come in shallow, don't take a divot - just remove grass, so a mid-kick fwy shaft or an iron shaft in a hybrid will not work for me - I don't generate enough spin. And that's what occurred...

16.5 Fairway - the Ventus R flex gives me low-mid trajectory in the 16.5 and I had to work a little too much - I had my trusty EX10 Beta 5 wd wtih GD AD F 65 Stiff Regular low kick shaft with me and hit it to compare effort and height - With the EX10, I had a high flight and did not feel like I needed to effort. The GD shaft made all the difference. Love the EXS 220 16.5 Clubhead - solid, forgiving, good sound - and I have a GD AD F 55 Shaft in the closet to install into iit.

19 Hybrid - lower flight than the 16.5 Fwy for me - very solid - i just don't get along with an iron shaft in a hybrid because I hit a hybrid like a fairway - not much hit down on it - more sweeping and the EXS 220 head - beautiful head - is a tweener in size between hybrid and fairway. The 220 Hy head is solid with great feel - I need to send it to Will Peoples for a CK Pro Red Hy 70 like my other hybrids - it's a perfect hybrid shaft for me - higher launch, mid spin.

Good stuff. Wished we lived by each other. I feel like your fairways and hybrid shaft choices would fit me really well. Would love to demo each other’s gear.

Loving the EXS 220 #2 Hybrid.

Last night in league decided to start off the day with this stick. It is a short 240 yard par 4 with a massive bunker smothering the front of the green. I typically lay up short of it, or blast a driver over the green and come back. I decided to hit the Hybrid for the first time.. and WOW. High cutter and stuck it to 10 feet. One of the best shots I have hit in a long time. This club has been a game changer for me as that in betweener of my 4 iron and 3 wood. So forgiving, and powerful. Game changer. Now the 3 putt?? Eh got really aggressive on the eagle putt and blasted it. I will still take the par!

IMG_0342.jpg

Last night in league decided to start off the day with this stick. It is a short 240 yard par 4 with a massive bunker smothering the front of the green. I typically lay up short of it, or blast a driver over the green and come back. I decided to hit the Hybrid for the first time.. and WOW. High cutter and stuck it to 10 feet. One of the best shots I have hit in a long time. This club has been a game changer for me as that in betweener of my 4 iron and 3 wood. So forgiving, and powerful. Game changer. Now the 3 putt?? Eh got really aggressive on the eagle putt and blasted it. I will still take the par!

View attachment 8947193
Nice shot brother!!!

16.5 Fairway - the Ventus R flex gives me low-mid trajectory in the 16.5 and I had to work a little too much - I had my trusty EX10 Beta 5 wd wtih GD AD F 65 Stiff Regular low kick shaft with me and hit it to compare effort and height - With the EX10, I had a high flight and did not feel like I needed to effort. The GD shaft made all the difference. Love the EXS 220 16.5 Clubhead - solid, forgiving, good sound - and I have a GD AD F 55 Shaft in the closet to install with it.

@Desmond did you ever get the EXS220 3h reshafted ?
I am still on the fence about trying the 4h and 5h 220's to replace my Xrails 3/4/5 hybrids.

@Desmond did you ever get the EXS220 3h reshafted ?
I am still on the fence about trying the 4h and 5h 220's to replace my Xrails 3/4/5 hybrids.

No, I was deciding on the shaft -- in my EX10 19 HY, I have a GD AD HY 65 in R flex and took it out of the closet. Took it to the range on Sunday and it was working in terms of consistency and height, so I am sending it this week to change out the shaft. EX10 is still pretty darn good

View attachment 8947193

Wow! great shot! Definitely usually a lay up for me on that right fairway.

Thanks, dude! You might layup, but I’m sure there is no 3 putt involved for you 🤦‍♂️

This was on that uphill Par 4 #5 last week. I am telling you, that Hybrid pipes!

351B6D13-7F36-4A0F-90CA-68171B722EA7.jpeg

This was on that uphill Par 4 #5 last week. I am telling you, that Hybrid pipes!

View attachment 8950322

this is on the top 10 dumbest holes I have played. maybe because i suck, I never know what to hit. That is impressive. Driver (distance?) 3w (distance?) and 2hy (235)

I am hitting my 3w (17.5) about that far so 3hy might be the play...

this is on the top 10 dumbest holes I have played. maybe because i suck, I never know what to hit. That is impressive. Driver (distance?) 3w (distance?) and 2hy (235)

I am hitting my 3w (17.5) about that far so 3hy might be the play...

Smart Average Distances According to Arccos 👇🏼 The 3 wood is a weird number because I don’t have a high volume of shots with it and there are some bad miss hits/duffs with that thing.

7E566A36-43F9-4247-BD4D-DE16404093D7.jpeg

Smart Average Distances According to Arccos 👇🏼 The 3 wood is a weird number because I don’t have a high volume of shots with it and there are some bad miss hits/duffs with that thing.

View attachment 8950323

Seems we are similar players.

Reshafted the EXS 220 16.5 in a GD AF F 55g at 43 inches. Will Peoples does a great job. The AD F has a softer tip to play as a fairway shaft for more spin and launch, which I need in a fairway

This "3" wood now get up in the air, feels great off the face and is more forgiving than the EX10 Beta it replaces. Unfortunately, I found out it really gets up in the air if you leave the face open - lol. Otherwise, it gives me high-mid bullets so far on the range. Need to see what a CS does with it.

As to the 19 Hybrid, Will installed a GD Tour AD HY 65g and it gets the desired height. The club feels great. This was going to be my 5 wd replacement for courses with thick rough but I'm still getting accustomed to this club. Only have one round with it and only a couple of shots when I played near Salem, MA last week. Cold, windy if cold is 54F w 20-25 mph wind

Both clubs deliver - forgiving, feel is soft, excellent trajectory and speed.

Last edited:
I may not have sounded too excited this morning because I am still involved with swing changes. I put those thoughts aside and hit these again this evening at the range. I've reworked my entire downswing with professional assistance and decided to let the swing go tonight and not hold back.

Okay, these are rocket launchers! - the 16.5 starts mid and then up, up to a pleasing descent angle. Very forgiving and solid. Very repeatable. Lots of fun. @erock9174 (in the event you want to know)

The 19 Hybrid with the GD AD HY 65 shaft on the range has a high mid piercing trajectory. Don't think I've hit a hybrid this far and so well. But I've got a new swing that is helping. I can use the 19 HY in the wind unless real golf balls give me more spin. Feel is pleasing.

Looking forward to beginning to finish up my 3 months of reworking my downswing and just play.

I may pick up a 5 wd for a higher trajectory. In fact, I did find a like-new Mavrik 5 wd today at a good price on preowned. Need to try it and cut it down to 42 inches instead of 42.5 But we will see.

I may fill the top end of the bag with different options for distance depending on the course. Thx.

Last edited:
I like the colors on the sole, wish the crown was matte.

the impact zone on the face with the cross is great, wish more companies did that

I sound like a fanboy with these, but here it goes. Updated this after a session with my instructor and Trackman. We were fitting the top of the bag after a one hour lesson.

Hit the Tour Edge EXS 220 3 wood in 16.5 deg and 43 inches, GD AD F 55 shaft. I have high 80's CHS in a 3 wood and need spin and that is the reason for the Graphite Design Fwy Shaft - plus I can find it for about $200 and it is made with a soft tip - I've had success with this shaft for 3 yrs.

At 87-88 CHS, I had consistent 127-128 ballspeed. And I've got to say, my swing and speed sort of sucked that day due to fatigue and I had a 1 hr lesson before we looked at the top of the bag.

I also hit an M5 Ti 15 deg with a proto fwy shaft (TPT Red) but my instructor looked at the numbers on the TEE, and said "I think we have a winner" with this TEE. He plays the M5 Ti and was surprised by the TEE. I thought the M5 Ti 3 wd gave a really good launch for me. But after looking at TXG and other reviews, the TEE fairways produce similar ballspeed, but for higher swing players produced higher spin, which knocked it down in yardage. I don't have higher spin issues. I believe the Diamond Face has unicorn dust in it. I also liked the TPT Red shaft - felt great, but it won't be out for some time.

So I ordered a Tour Edge EXS 220 5 wd in 18 deg and 42 inches, and will install a GD AD F 65 shaft from my EX10 fwy.

My comments are that EXS 220 fwys have excellent ballspeed, shallow profile (works for me), long heel to toe - great feel, forgiving with high MOI and weight in back, the GD Fairway Shaft gives me the higher launch and spin that my swing needs. I've done this combo before in a previous TEE model and it works.

If I'm in heavier rough or distance calls for it, I use the EXS 220 19 hybrid. I installed a GD AD HY 65 shaft. This combo, for my swing offers a more bullet-like high mid flight, a bit lower than a Tensi CK Pro Red 70 shaft that I have in my 22 PXG Hybrid. I like the Hyrbid, just need to get to the course after my swing change become more habitual.

Very impressed with the TEE lineup. If a stock shaft fits you, great value - I bought my fwys stock at $199, hybrid at $179. TEE sells CPO at $185 for fwys.

Last edited:
Back