Tour Edge Exotics Iron Woods

I just want to quote what I wrote in the Ultimate Weekend Live Update thread and let that speak for my experience with the TEE Iron-woods:

I love hearing this, exactly what I'm looking for out of my next set and how cool that you could make a set from 2 iron down to AW, all with the same shafts. A tee replacement club is a great addition and how nice to have it transition throughout the set.

My only question is are they worth the money, seems like quite a price per club.

I love hearing this, exactly what I'm looking for out of my next set and how cool that you could make a set from 2 iron down to AW, all with the same shafts. A tee replacement club is a great addition and how nice to have it transition throughout the set.

My only question is are they worth the money, seems like quite a price per club.

I might be a bit biased, but I think they are worth it. The price for the 7 piece set that I just got is comprable to the price for a 7 piece set of Ping i500s. To add the 2 and 3 to it it looks like it would cost $300 more. I guess it all depends on what you were thinking about paying for your next set.

They are made from premium forged steel, and I love the way they feel. In fact I thought they felt better than the Pings, I know I definitely prefer the sound over the Pings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I agree. I wasn't really high on them coming into this weekend, but after fupresti brought them along as our extra set for the first round I was a believer. They are a little bigger than I am used to looking at, but absolute rockets off the tee. Anytime we went irons off the tee I reached in and grabbed the ironwood 4i.

@pjleduc Glad to hear that you're a TEE convert. :D

I have a stocking dealer locally but I haven't tried the Ironwoods yet. Kind of afraid to actually. My CB PROh have served me well and I'm not sure how the CFO could possibly miss the purchase. :beat-up:

It was my first experience with the brand other than demoing some stuff at the range. I am definitely a convert now though.

I think you owe it to yourself to try them
@pjleduc Glad to hear that you're a TEE convert. :D

I have a stocking dealer locally but I haven't tried the Ironwoods yet. Kind of afraid to actually. My CB PROh have served me well and I'm not sure how the CFO could possibly miss the purchase. :beat-up:

I decided to take a few pictures tonight, comparing these to my gamer C200s. First picture from address the 6 irons with the C200 on left
7eeedad21c05acead387ef5c4b1b9fca.jpg
0b85ce273db8c9da31f3ac46466bd8b0.jpg
7849583e537229144906a7f22bc7d5c4.jpg
c713ce4846e5d6f64cc7e9d7582d7aa1.jpg

The last picture is of the PW to show how the loft hides the extra thickness. I was worried that it might be tough to use the PW in closer to the green, but I was able to execute several 1/2 to 3/4 swings with these on Sunday. I just need to practice more to get the distance dialed in more. I also made a pretty successful bump and run 8 iron shot from a pretty severe downslope next to the green on Sunday afternoon.

I decided to take a few pictures tonight, comparing these to my gamer C200s. First picture from address the 6 irons with the C200 on left

The last picture is of the PW to show how the loft hides the extra thickness. I was worried that it might be tough to use the PW in closer to the green, but I was able to execute several 1/2 to 3/4 swings with these on Sunday. I just need to practice more to get the distance dialed in more. I also made a pretty successful bump and run 8 iron shot from a pretty severe downslope next to the green on Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for the pictures. You keep making me want to hit them more and more! haha

Nice work on the comparison pictures. A little surprising with the name like iron wood.

Nice work on the comparison pictures. A little surprising with the name like iron wood.
Thanks. I wanted to show the comparison, since I really couldn't find a lot out there

Thanks for the pictures. You keep making me want to hit them more and more! haha
I just you won the TEE fitting, yeah you should definitely hit these.

I desperately want to clean and wash your clubs. It would be my pleasure.

I desperately want to clean and wash your clubs. It would be my pleasure.
Come on now, its not that bad haha.

I was thinking that when taking pictures, I'm sure someone will comment.

I just you won the TEE fitting, yeah you should definitely hit these.

Certainly planning on it!

Just ordered up a black pearl 2i can't wait to start experimenting on approaches on par 5s and as a tee replacement. Love the look.

Just ordered up a black pearl 2i can't wait to start experimenting on approaches on par 5s and as a tee replacement. Love the look.
Awesome! Those black pearl heads look sweet.

Tried my TEE 2-4 IWs today and I was really impressed by their performance.

It took a bit getting used to in the beginning, hitting it off the mat and off the tee at the range. After adjusting my swing style, it was like clock work.

To summarise, the 2 IW performs similarly to my 3H Rogue X. the 3 IW perform similar to 4H Rogue and the 4 IW had a better reach than my 5i or 5H.

I look forward to using it in the green.

P.S: the sound was amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Those black pearl heads look sweet.

Are these still in your bag? I really, really hope so.

Are these still in your bag? I really, really hope so.
Oh yeah, definitely. I have only played once since November, so I have to remember how to swing them.

Oh yeah, definitely. I have only played once since November, so I have to remember how to swing them.

Sunday, man, get out Sunday. It’s going to be a swampy great day.

Sunday, man, get out Sunday. It’s going to be a swampy great day.
I wish, I might have some time to go to the range at least. I have a ton of homework to do this weekend.

I can positively say based on the couple range sessions I have maneaged to get in this year, these clubs are still awesome and they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I may have to shake up the bag... I hit the 3iw on a whim at golfUSA, and man this club is super forgiving, especially directionally.

I've been happy with my 5w, but there's too little gap between the 3w-5w... ponder mode engaged....

CBX 4wood + a 3IW

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I may have to shake up the bag... I hit the 3iw on a whim at golfUSA, and man this club is super forgiving, especially directionally.

I've been happy with my 5w, but there's too little gap between the 3w-5w... ponder mode engaged....

CBX 4wood + a 3IW

The entire CBX line is one of the most under discussed in all of golf.

The entire CBX line is one of the most under discussed in all of golf.
You think it is because the exs came out and tried to appeal to a slightly different demographic?

You think it is because the exs came out and tried to appeal to a slightly different demographic?

Possibly. The CBX Forged (I think @jman reviewed) were some of the best in their class as well.

I liked the picture.

WEB2694112-28356CE8-DF32-3017-C0D1-4140A79D6D95.jpg

Back