It is my plan to go to Leadbetter next week test the TPT against the Atmos Black 6X in the Rogue SZ, by all rights I should not be in a X flex by SS but this shaft has worked well for me.

But that being said playing a couple of rounds with Antihero, Pudge, Cobra and The Chosen One really showed me I could use some more yards off the tee if I can keep it in the fairway. Not sure if a shaft change can do that but from what Jman and my buddy have seen it just may help if I can get the spin and launch right.

when are you going? i would love to go with and do some testing too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when are you going? i would love to go with and do some testing too.

Not sure exactly yet, I will know once I figure out my travel schedule. I was supposed to travel this week but so far that is not happening due to the weather in the D.R.

I should know more by tomorrow, maybe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not sure exactly yet, I will know once I figure out my travel schedule. I was supposed to travel this week but so far that is not happening due to the weather in the D.R.

I should know more by tomorrow, maybe.

text me when you figure it out.

I believe my 15LKP will be here the next couple of days, heavily considering installing it into the 585 to complete testing on that head after it does arrive.

About to be ANOTHER win for a TPT driver shaft.

I can't wait to get the 15LKP in and install it into the 585 this week!

Already in the 585
8468f3bae84f7a70e9578cc39990dd9d.jpg

Already in the 585
8468f3bae84f7a70e9578cc39990dd9d.jpg

Oh boy. This got fun now - true 1:1 comparison of the heads.

Oh boy. This got fun now - true 1:1 comparison of the heads.

Haha, yeah, it'll make it closer. The G400 Max has a 16 LKP in it and this is the 15 LKP, so not totally apples to apples, but I also get to find out if the more stout 15 is a better fit like I believe it just might be.

15 LKP deeeeeeeeeefinitely launches lower than the 16 LKP for me, and though its not a head to head (15 is in 585, 16 is in G400 Max) it spins less as well.

More tinkering necessary, and fixing my lazy ass laid back haven't golfed consistently because of the rain the past week AoA will certainly help. LOL

I might, maybe, get there this week to demo these puppies. Was going to travel to the Caribbean but Issac has put that on hold.

I need more yards to play 6,500+ courses with these young guns.

Looks like Friday could be the day, trying to confirm the appointment.

Since I started thinking I need this shaft in my SZ, my driving has gone steadily downhill accuracy wise, odd how Jman can do that from that far away....it is going to be fun to see what fits me and if it really makes a difference. I have to do it now just to get my head back in the game.

I had an unofficial fitting today for the shafts, my friend the club builder met me at the driving range when I finished the round this morning (he lives in the same development) and he brought a 15, 16 & 17. The 15 & 17 were standard Callaway driver length and the 16 was his but was setup to play at 44.25" so 1.25" shorter than what I play.

The wind was slightly in my face and not much maybe 5 mph, using range balls teed up off a mat I hit 3 with my shaft and by the laser was getting about 230 carry as best I could tell by shooting the hill at the end of the range with my ball just getting to the base of the hill. I tried the 15 1st and it was just a no go, I could not get it around and was blocking the ball to the right. Put the 17 in and it was launching very high and not all very accurate and the best ones were about even with my shaft.

I then put in his 16 which has a left hand adapter on it so I just set it a N / S which he said is the same either way, 1st ball was up on the hill about half way so maybe 10 more yards.

Several more were longer and they just seemed to want to go straight so in my normal playing length I do believe I would gain quite a bit of carry, these shafts have a very different feel to them and after playing 18 with my 6x shaft I was just swinging way too hard to get the best flight out of them imo, after I settled down and just took a smooth swing the ball just holds its line and the launch was much higher but did not balloon to the eye. It just wants to go, so I would guess my ball speed was quite a bit higher and contact stayed pretty close to center on all the balls.

Tomorrow I will go out to the Academy and get on the LM, to confirm the best fit but I am on board most likely will have one put together once we get the tipping, length figured out. But I want to be at at 45.5" playing length.

I did go ahead and get a 17 for my 5 wood that he had on hand that was tipped an 1" so I am going to plug it into my rogue 5 wood at 4 wood length and see how that goes. He gave me a really good deal so worth the risk.

Also got juicy tidbit that iron shafts are right around the corner....

Also got juicy tidbit that iron shafts are right around the corner....

Yes, testing. I'm keeping up every time I have a lesson, I ask my guy about them. I want to see the various weights and see if they kick. Don't have any info yet.

I did go ahead and get a 17 for my 5 wood that he had on hand that was tipped an 1" so I am going to plug it into my rogue 5 wood at 4 wood length and see how that goes. He gave me a really good deal so worth the risk.

my rogue 5w should be here on monday. next time we play i'd like to test this shaft.

Going to have to mortgage the house to pay for a full set of irons..

Yes, testing. I'm keeping up every time I have a lesson, I ask my guy about them. I want to see the various weights and see if they kick. Don't have any info yet.

Certainly, just got it epoxied and had to add a tip weight to get it up to D2. Going to be interesting to see how it does. It is the 17 MKP MT SW so a lot lighter than what I have been using at 58 gr

If it is a total fail it should be easy to ebay for what I got in it.

my rogue 5w should be here on monday. next time we play i'd like to test this shaft.

Certainly, just got it epoxied and had to add a tip weight to get it up to D2. Going to be interesting to see how it does. It is the 17 MKP MT SW so a lot lighter than what I have been using at 58 gr

If it is a total fail it should be easy to ebay for what I got in it.

a 58g 5w shaft? quite a departure from what you have in your 5w right now.

Huge departure, maybe now I can hit it more than 200 yds..honestly I did not know it was that light until I got it home. But I am old and weak so maybe just maybe.

Huge departure, maybe now I can hit it more than 200 yds..honestly I did not know it was that light until I got it home. But I am old and weak so maybe just maybe.

Heck, I'm hitting 64g GD AD Fairway shaft in an Exotics EX10 Beta 5 wood -- it's consistent and my favorite club at the moment - light is okay - check the swingweight to feel the head.

Heck, I'm hitting 64g GD AD Fairway shaft in an Exotics EX10 Beta 5 wood -- it's consistent and my favorite club at the moment - light is okay - check the swingweight to feel the head.
I had to add a tip weight but got it back to D2 where it was.

1st round was interesting with both the Driver and 5 wood, It took me a few holes to find the right swing but the Driver started producing once I settled down, this shaft feels way different than the Atmos and really any other shaft I have ever had.

Once I stopped trying to force it the distance was on par with the Atmos and it was going where I was aiming which was the cart path side for the most part (too damn hot and CPO). I do think I will get more out of it after a couple more rounds and I understand it better.

The fairway wood was again pretty darn good on proper swings, much higher off the deck and it seemed to be a good bit longer.

I was hoping for the instant wow factor and did not get it, but there is something there for sure. I had him make it to play at 46" so I could either tip it or butt cut after seeing how it acts, I may just tip it .50" and see what happens.

Back