Managed to get a round in at a track I am very familiar with and the TPT 16 is just not working out, it just feels way too soft and if I try and put anything but a 3/4 swing on it I lose it (mostly right) so I met up with my buddy and we swapped it for a 15 LKP MT SW and see what that brings to the table.

I did hit some fairly long ones when I got it all just right, but not any better than the ATMOS Black 6X which is disappointing to say the least.

Still like the 18 in the 5 wood, but it had been tipped 1" from standard and again nothing earth shattering performance wise that the 6.5 EF blue was not giving me.

Managed to get a round in at a track I am very familiar with and the TPT 16 is just not working out, it just feels way too soft and if I try and put anything but a 3/4 swing on it I lose it (mostly right) so I met up with my buddy and we swapped it for a 15 LKP MT SW and see what that brings to the table.

I did hit some fairly long ones when I got it all just right, but not any better than the ATMOS Black 6X which is disappointing to say the least.

Still like the 18 in the 5 wood, but it had been tipped 1" from standard and again nothing earth shattering performance wise that the 6.5 EF blue was not giving me.

Goes to show how different people can be, I'm in that 110+ and aggressive as hell range and the 16 holds up like a boss.

we need to play before you get rid of it so i can try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we need to play before you get rid of it so i can try it.

I think the 15 will fit me better, not from a SS point of view just my wood chopping swing....I think we have a spot for Sunday...in Tampa.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The 15 is absolutely money for me, only missed 2 or 3 fairways all morning and good solid distance.

I am not seeing the magic 10-15 more yards I hoped to get, but after the confidence building play I saw today I do think I can go after it a bit more and see a few more yards.

The 17 is going to EBAY, just not working out so the EF Blue 6.5 is going back into the 5 wood.

took a tip from the Jman playbook and tried lofting up this morning to D+2 (11*) and really hit some bombs, seemed like it was easier to hit the center of the face also but no idea how loft would affect that.

I do think with this lower spinning shaft the higher loft is the key for me to get the most out of my SS

Oh, hey, Bryson still using the TPT and still getting wins with it....

Still haven't had mine break. :alien:

Still hitting it in the G400 Max like a freaking cannon.

Still haven't had mine break. :alien:

Still hitting it in the G400 Max like a freaking cannon.

after reading about shaft breaking, does that worry you? I don't think I could take that out of my mind, knowing that it could stab me at every swing

after reading about shaft breaking, does that worry you? I don't think I could take that out of my mind, knowing that it could stab me at every swing

I've been told about it and heard about it since starting the review in like June and played 70+ rounds with it so far so no worries from me.

And I have been swinging it hard.

If it happens, it happens and I'll post my feelings on it then, but, it still hasn't happened for me so its all good in the hood.

Last time I checked they are still proto testing the iron shaft - I've hit them - they are stout - 125g but even for this short ball hitter, they felt fine. Lacked some feel for me because it was not a fit. Also coming out with a 95g iron shaft that should fit. But too dear in price for me.

MGS just had a story on TPT shafts. I still really want to get fit for one, but some of the things in there are bit worrying. A lot of people rave about this shaft when fit and in a very short amount of time racked up wins. It kinda reminds me of the original M family, a lot of people had success with the M2 but a lot of broken heads.

MGS just had a story on TPT shafts. I still really want to get fit for one, but some of the things in there are bit worrying. A lot of people rave about this shaft when fit and in a very short amount of time racked up wins. It kinda reminds me of the original M family, a lot of people had success with the M2 but a lot of broken heads.

has anyone on these forums broken one and not been given a gratis replacement? All the banter is about the breakage, but it sounds like everyone who has issues is being well cared for on the customer service side. Can anyone who has broken a TPT shaft confirm or deny this?

has anyone on these forums broken one and not been given a gratis replacement? All the banter is about the breakage, but it sounds like everyone who has issues is being well cared for on the customer service side. Can anyone who has broken a TPT shaft confirm or deny this?

Still haven't had mine break with 80+ rounds on it so far.

I wish I hit it more than the one swing I took with it on 18 at Bay Hill. Which was arguably the best drive I hit that day.

I'm very glad it did nothing for me when I got fit back in March; i wouldn't have been able to resist the absurd price if it had produced the results for me.

I wish I hit it more than the one swing I took with it on 18 at Bay Hill. Which was arguably the best drive I hit that day.

Yep, TPT plus Hammer of Thor weighting lead to a Dean Bomb.

TPT really locked down how they sell these. I haven't seen any being sold online (new). All the breakage stories I've seen has been purchased through an authorized dealer and taken care of.

Surprisingly I haven't heard to much about resells. I'm sure they are out there. Looking above I see one. Most of the broken tpt shaft have been the "tour" 14 and 14.5 or the 15 lkp model combined with a lot of tipping. The 15's have had the most public breaks on ex, but I'm really not sure if anything should be taken from that. I think the MGS story only happened because of that public break, but it was interesting to read after reading the tpt review thread on wrx.

I know jman swings quite hard, but he is in the 16 which I haven't heard any issues. I really think tpt have a good shaft on their hands, but it really shows that this is a shaft I think I need to truly go to a fitter for just to ensure I get one that has the warranty.

I watched some video on the webiste of their process. The construction methods makeca lot more sense than traditional rolling. There is no doubt the construction method is sound and they are working through how much they can push the limit. I wouldnt be at all surprised to see other manufacturers start their own continuous wrap shafts in the near future.

Oh hey, still haven't broken this one LOL

Also, its looking more and more like it and the G400 Max will retain the bag for 2019 and honestly, I think this shaft is a BIG part of that.

Installing the 15 LKP I have into the F85 today or tomorrow as well.

I really want to try one of these. I will say that the breaking shaft reports are not encouraging though.

Yes, they take care of the customer.

I heard that the one shaft that Senden broke should not have even been put into play - someone boo-booed.

TPT has even paid for a few golfers to get another full fitting after a broken shaft.

Last edited:
Tried it and sent it back. Just not that great for me... Did multiple fittings too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Put the 15LKP into the JGR last minute before trimming to just put it in my 3w.

#'s wise, I really think it unlocked a lot in the head for me, the TPT feel is just something I'm REALLY fond of, and my numbers don't lie...hence why the 16LKP is still in the G400 Max kicking ass and taking names. I get better ball speed in that setup than my others.

The JGR though, even with hotmelt, is just a sound I'm not fond of, so, to another head it likely goes.

Have the F9 coming in and something else I cannot say as well, so I think it gets put in one of those adapters and given a whirl.

Eager to hear whats coming in 2019 for TPT. Still one of the coolest tech/design stories out there, in my opinion.

Back