Travel Bag Damage - Airlines Melt a Bag!

Rod Dunlap

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
We've seen all sorts of craziness from the airlines over the years but this is a first.
Had a customer just reach out to us and they actually melted his Constrictor travel bag all the way through the zipper.

Not even sure how this is possible?

Travel Bag.jpg

Luckily he's under warranty and we're shipping a new bag.

Whoa that is crazy

Always thought it was cold where the bags were, not even sure what the heck could have done that to actually melt through

We've seen all sorts of craziness from the airlines over the years but this is a first.
Had a customer just reach out to us and they actually melted his Constrictor travel bag all the way through the zipper.

Not even sure how this is possible?

View attachment 9153833

Luckily he's under warranty and we're shipping a new bag.
If they wanted to get in the bag, they could have just unzipped it:( Awesome, that you are replacing it. Customer service at it's finest:)

And that’s why you don’t give baggage handlers propane torches… I’m still pretty shock at the damage as it almost looks intentional.

woah, that's nuts. How does that even happen? Amazing of you to take care of them, that's quality Customer Care.

Not sure wtf they got that thing into but that's crazy.

people are using the Samsung Note 7? my goodness people need phone updates.

Freaking crazy! Good on you guys for shipping him a new bag.

Wow. Just wow. How does that even happen in the cargo area of a plane.

Yikes! Wonder if it just got caught somewhere and belt wear went to town on it.

Good on you for replacing the bag! Definitely count that one as "abnormal".

Yep, that was my guess - got caught in a conveyer belt somehow.

Thinking same thing. Maybe even a combo of heat from the conveyor belt and its track rubbing against the bag.

Just crazy. With the amount of bags that go through these systems you would of thought they have perfected them.

Wow, that is an odd one.

Man did they take a torch to the lock on the zipper to get it opened?!? That’s insane

Never underestimate an airline!

yikes! as with most, my mind races to them using a torch in close proximity. but what an earth did they have to cut off in such a rush that close to baggage?

Just crazy. With the amount of bags that go through these systems you would of thought they have perfected them.

I know a guy that designs & builds those baggage conveyors for airports. The ratio of damaged bags to undamaged they need to “pass” inspection isn’t nearly what you’d think it’d be. I think they can destroy like 15 out of 100 bags & be good enough.

No doubt you guys would replace it! That’s why your CS is pretty unmatched with warranty!

Back