Trying to Break 100

Checking in and glad to see familiar folks playing when they can. Haven't been able to play for several weeks due to MCL and meniscus damage to my left knee. It's been improving with just PT and wearing a proper unloader brace. (no surgery) Still a few weeks away at best from taking anything close to a full swing.
At least the weather will be cooler down here when I finally get back out there.

Any of you have any experience playing with an abbreviated follow through due to a physical limitation?
( I have a feeling that will likely be a reality for me for a little while when I return.)
Does my woefully out of shape body count? Then, yes.

Does my woefully out of shape body count? Then, yes.

Haha. I reckon that counts. My out of shape body is probably the reason I injured my knee!

Any of you have any experience playing with an abbreviated follow through due to a physical limitation?
( I have a feeling that will likely be a reality for me for a little while when I return.)

With four bad discs in my back, prosthetic hips and arthritic shoulders and hands, I’m lucky to get the club past 11:00.

A narrower stance and losing 60 lbs helps, and I work with my instructor on improving the efficiency of my downswing to get a few more yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With four bad discs in my back, prosthetic hips and arthritic shoulders and hands, I’m lucky to get the club past 11:00.

A narrower stance and losing 60 lbs helps, and I work with my instructor on improving the efficiency of my downswing to get a few more yards.

Thanks!

Are you aware of any ball flight tendencies that result from a less-than-full hip turn? I'm assuming I might have a tendency to leave the face a bit open and go right until I sort it out.

Thanks!

Are you aware of any ball flight tendencies that result from a less-than-full hip turn? I'm assuming I might have a tendency to leave the face a bit open and go right until I sort it out.

I find I have to strengthen my left-hand grip or set my lead foot back a bit to initiate a cut to straighten a slice.

In other news, I fly out to meet Hammy in exactly 1 week (y)

#b100live
#filthybrit
You poor guy!!! Seriously I hope you gents have a great time.

Checking in and glad to see familiar folks playing when they can. Haven't been able to play for several weeks due to MCL and meniscus damage to my left knee. It's been improving with just PT and wearing a proper unloader brace. (no surgery) Still a few weeks away at best from taking anything close to a full swing.
At least the weather will be cooler down here when I finally get back out there.

Sorry to hear about your knee, mate. I've got a little bit of damage in mine due to soccer wear and tear, not as specific as yours, but I've played with a bit of restriction in my turn a few times.

For me it results in a bit more of a punch, and I tend to get slightly lower flight, less spin, more of a linksy shot - almost as if I'm trying to keep it under the wind. Club up and swing easy. (y)

Sorry to hear about your knee, mate. I've got a little bit of damage in mine due to soccer wear and tear, not as specific as yours, but I've played with a bit of restriction in my turn a few times.

For me it results in a bit more of a punch, and I tend to get slightly lower flight, less spin, more of a linksy shot - almost as if I'm trying to keep it under the wind. Club up and swing easy. (y)

Thanks for the tips, you guys.

Dying to get back out there and put them in action, but I'm going to try to be smart and get some quality therapy in first.

#b100live
#filthybrit
#isananonymouscalltoICEagoodprank
#Ithinkthatmanhasdrugs,officer

#b100live
#filthybrit

Enjoy! Wish I could have been there. Getting healthier, but still not able to go and play that much golf.

Cranking up the Manilow, eh?

“... Up, down, tryin' to get the feeling again
All around.... tryin' to get the feeling again...”

Thanks for the tips, you guys.

Dying to get back out there and put them in action, but I'm going to try to be smart and get some quality therapy in first.

Look into bromelain and turmeric. They’re natural anti inflams.

Played 9 last night and shot a 41. Driver was working. Hit some of my longest drives of the year. Irons and wedges were ok. Putting sucked as usual. I would’ve finally broke 40 if it wasn’t for the double on 9. It was the only one of the round and it’s a hole I usually have a good look at birdie. Just caught my approach a little heavy and off the heel and didn’t quite carry the water in front of the green. ? Oh well, there’s always the next round

Good morning everyone!!! Hope everyone is doing well and can get out to play today.

Good morning everyone!!! Hope everyone is doing well and can get out to play today.

I'm hoping to play hooky tomorrow afternoon and steal a round before dark. The new THP driver arrives this afternoon too! Hopefully I can get some range time with a launch monitor to see how it stacks up with the Rouge SZ. Should be fun mixing and matching the shafts too. Then Sunday I've got plans to play another new to me course. Should be a good weekend.

Good luck in the contest peeps!!!!

Made it back, had a great time. Going to the range tomorrow to see if I remember how to swing.

Made it back, had a great time. Going to the range tomorrow to see if I remember how to swing.
Glad you had a great time. Just like riding a bike, go out a have a great time!!!!

There’s a team golf league I’ve been scheduled to play. Had to miss the first two due to work, but made a commitment to play tomorrow. Struggling through a bit of an injury and haven’t had a chance to practice this week.

It’s 5 matches, and I’m playing in a 2 man net best ball. Incredibly I’ve been put in as a 15 handi where this year I’ve been north of 20. Hopefully will get a chance to change it or I’m going to have to play pretty incredible to help out. Wish me luck gang

Finished up getting trounced in league play today. Butterflies and nerves were definitely a factor. I didn’t play well, and my partner didn’t play his best either. Wasn’t all bad. Format was 2 man net best ball.

First hole had some tough luck with a not horrible drive getting a terrible bounce and trying for the hero shot. Played the second ok and my par net bird tied it up. Then after losing two straight holes I found my footing a little. Par net bird, then natural bird tied us back up. Basically I was either making birds or ball in hand haha.

Then had an easy opportunity to pitch and 2 putt for the halve, or get up and down to go 1 up. Work call came in with a huge issue and took me completely out of the match for a few holes. Just played piss poor for a stretch and they took a bunch of holes in a row.

If it’s any consolation, one of the guys we were up against (a 10 cap I’ve played with before) shot his PB, 1 under. Buzz saw. We really didn’t have much of a chance.

We played the PR Open course from the blues. Can’t say the distance was a killer, but it was a little outside my comfort zone. I was the shortest by at least 2 clubs. Their drives were typically 30 yards ahead of mine.

I think I pressed some just from the inexperience. Still, I enjoyed the opportunity. Wish I’d played better but that’s usually the case. Probably shot somewhere between 95 and 100.

Back