Trying to Break 100

Gaming a new driver (Callaway pre-owned Epic Flash) and hitting it straight down the middle from the tee. 4 of 5 rounds in 90s, good improvement. Now to get into 80s (hah!)

NOICE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after playing yesterday and shooting 78 at my home course we ended up going out again today so that Jen could play

We were only going to play 9 but she decided to play a few more so we ended up playing 12 before the rain started

I was +3 for the 12 holes we played including back-to-back birdies on holes 6 and 7

Jen played very well and had 25 stableford points after the 12 holes including one no-score on the par 5 9th hole - she has come along leaps and bounds in the last few weeks including her 2nd place finish in one of the ladies big club competition

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Afternoon peeps, hope everyone got out to play. The rain last night pushed more north so we didn't get as much as expected. Had a nice round today and felt good to get out.

After 3 consecutive great rounds on my home executive course I really took a dump out there today. Just not my day. Add to it that my driver head cracked and I will have to go back to my old driver until I can replace it.

After 3 consecutive great rounds on my home executive course I really took a dump out there today. Just not my day. Add to it that my driver head cracked and I will have to go back to my old driver until I can replace it.

That’s a bummer! Hopefully the old driver will be an acceptable fill in.

That’s a bummer! Hopefully the old driver will be an acceptable fill in.

Thanks. The old driver will do for now, but as soon as possible I’ll be replacing it again.

1937d8e1ea32a7dc2b3eae46e6848b41.jpg

Last edited:
I had a miserable 56 today. I forgot how to putt apparently. I also forgot how to chip.
The bright spot was my tee game, which is a bit unusual for me. Of course I didn’t pull the driver all day.

Five straight days of golf at my home course.

Wednesday played 9 shot 48.
Thursday played 18 shot 47/47 for 94.
Friday played 9 shot 50.
Saturday played 9 shot 46.
Today played 18 shot 49/55 for a 104.

Today started off well with three pars and 1 birdie on the first 7 holes, but fell apart from there. 5 triples today.

Overall I'm pleased with how I played. I averaged 48.85 per 9 holes over these days which is good for me.

Got out for 18 today and feel like I shot pretty well.

Shot 45/46 for 91

Main reason being that my driver was much straighter today. Tried out a new shaft, which I think improved my drives considerably. Not only are they straighter, they are going further as well. Shaft I tried is a Project X HZRDUS Yellow. Longest drive today was 276 yards. I have had some that long before, but most drives had been in 230-240 range. Quite a few in 250-260 range today along with the long one.

Chipping for me is still adding strokes to my game. Several times I am just not getting enough on it so I get the ball up, but it goes 10 yards instead of the needed 30 or 40.

Several approach shots on the day were pretty good as well. Couple shots from 120+ out were within 10 feet of the pin which gave me chances for birdies, but I 2 putted them for pars instead. :mad:

AAA84E2F-DD04-4689-B9BA-5F45E03365B7.jpeg3E4F1A10-4F42-4252-8308-9F0D0893986B.jpeg

Fellow TTB100-ers, How does the off season affect your golf game?
I am fortunate to live in a No Snow climate at the moment, but might move north and was wondering how that affects your play.
Wets/extra layers and spikes. Never too cold to play here (down south anyway), and our snowfall might mean a one or two week hiatus at most.

Chipping for me is still adding strokes to my game. Several times I am just not getting enough on it so I get the ball up, but it goes 10 yards instead of the needed 30 or 40.
Try the same shot with a 7 or 8 iron instead of a wedge. Bump and run, baby (y)

What is it about us that allows this to happen? I'd wager most of us who have struggled for years to improve do this.

We all have something we have to do in order to hit good shots. It's not like doing just that one thing will guarantee success, but not doing it will almost guarantee poor results. You'd think it would be easy to remember, but noooooo! I have to duff around the course for 9 or 10 holes or spend a half hour of frustrating practice before it clicks.
Slow learners?

Try the same shot with a 7 or 8 iron instead of a wedge. Bump and run, baby (y)
And raise the heel of the club slightly. TV tip from a Tour guy.

Morning all! Still carrying the good vibes from Saturday's round, and plotting for this weekend. Played the "shoulda,woulda,coulda" game today about my score, but, only in a scientific "What could I have done better?" way. Had some nice shots that got bad hops, some bad shots that got nice hops, an even amount of each so I can't claim it was blind luck.
Driver's seen a bit of the push-fade creep back in, so I'll need to nip that in the bud. I honestly believe it's just my body getting too quick and making the face open.

Morning all! Still carrying the good vibes from Saturday's round, and plotting for this weekend. Played the "shoulda,woulda,coulda" game today about my score, but, only in a scientific "What could I have done better?" way. Had some nice shots that got bad hops, some bad shots that got nice hops, an even amount of each so I can't claim it was blind luck.
Driver's seen a bit of the push-fade creep back in, so I'll need to nip that in the bud. I honestly believe it's just my body getting too quick and making the face open.

Afternoon Hammy

If it is consistent (or as consistent as you could expect it to be) then just aim down the left side and if you get the push-fade you should hopefully still be in the fairway, and a straight shot should be down the left

Got 3 days of golf planned for me this weekend, friends arrive Thursday night then we will be playing Friday, Saturday and Sunday - looking forward to seeing if I can keep the recent form going and see if I can get at least 1 of the rounds under 80

Afternoon Hammy

If it is consistent (or as consistent as you could expect it to be) then just aim down the left side and if you get the push-fade you should hopefully still be in the fairway, and a straight shot should be down the left

Got 3 days of golf planned for me this weekend, friends arrive Thursday night then we will be playing Friday, Saturday and Sunday - looking forward to seeing if I can keep the recent form going and see if I can get at least 1 of the rounds under 80
Aye, there's the rub, it's not consistent enough to aim for. I think I'm just getting a bit hepped up on some swings. when I make sure to get a good smooth swing in, it goes away.

Afternoon Hammy

Ahh the good old aim down the left and rip it down the middle, I use that strategy often! :)

Dave

Ahh the good old aim down the left and rip it down the middle, I use that strategy often! :)

Dave
I have a buddy that plays for the massive power slice. It's entertaining when he hits a dead straight ball.

Finally got back out to walk 9 on Sunday after not having been out in over a month.

Was great to go back out, didn’t keep score, just wanted to have fun. Had some good shots and some not so good shots.

Best club in the bag for me was my 56* CBX, it gave me great confidence. My biggest struggle was aim, which caused big issues from the tee box as I didn’t feel that I had a safe club to use.

As the season here is coming to an end, first thing in the spring will be another lesson as I felt great after my lesson this season, just need to get next season. Still hoping to get out a couple more times this season though!

Just bought some winter golf wear. Even if I don’t play in it I’ll look damn good. Lmao!

Checking in and glad to see familiar folks playing when they can. Haven't been able to play for several weeks due to MCL and meniscus damage to my left knee. It's been improving with just PT and wearing a proper unloader brace. (no surgery) Still a few weeks away at best from taking anything close to a full swing.
At least the weather will be cooler down here when I finally get back out there.

Any of you have any experience playing with an abbreviated follow through due to a physical limitation?
( I have a feeling that will likely be a reality for me for a little while when I return.)

Back