Trying to Break 80 Club

Shot a PR today with a 76, super pumped about it.

Frederica Golf Club in GA.

Just solid golf and no birdies, lol

Got up and down from a bunker on 16 to save par, that was the shot of the day

All in all, just very consistent

Nice to play a round that “I know that I’m capable of playing”

Let’s GOOOOOOOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice round....keep it up!!

Well my first time to play under par on a 9 and not break 80, at least it was the back 9. Anyway it bodes well for this season, I foresee my handicap coming down to hopefully return to single figures soon.
I'm player B, 9 over the front and 1 under the back. Could have been even better on the back as I lipped out 3 times. The front I made some silly mistakes to post big numbers from the fairway.
fa8067ca0b2708263fe05dee321454df.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Did it with a 76 today

84 today with 20mph winds. Had a triple and 3 doubles. 70’s inbound once I tighten up those issues.

78 today. Feeling good.

84 today with 20mph winds. Had a triple and 3 doubles. 70’s inbound once I tighten up those issues.
My goodness, diving back into today’s round I really had a chance to break 80. I put a tee ball OB and another into the hazard and also lost two wedges short into hazards. Topped one ball into a hazard and bladed two chips. Had 3 bad breaks where balls rolled down hills and forced me to hit mega flops. But I also had a few uncharacteristically good shots. I need to make things less exciting. Thus is golf 🤷‍♂️

My goodness, diving back into today’s round I really had a chance to break 80. I put a tee ball OB and another into the hazard and also lost two wedges short into hazards. Topped one ball into a hazard and bladed two chips. Had 3 bad breaks where balls rolled down hills and forced me to hit mega flops. But I also had a few uncharacteristically good shots. I need to make things less exciting. Thus is golf 🤷‍♂️
I was just telling a buddy yesterday that boring golf is good golf

The way I'm playing recently I think I might need to move to the trying to break 90 thread instead of this one!

The way I'm playing recently I think I might need to move to the trying to break 90 thread instead of this one!
Nah you are good, just keep a positive attitude and you will do it soon. We all have slumps.

I shot 40-39-79 at Giant Oaks GC in Temperance, Mich today. (Same course we played last week). The
Ben Hogan Edge irons I bought late in the year last year have worked VERY well so far this year......in fact,
I did not hit a single one of the Fat shots that caused me to choose my THP name!! Hope I can keep this up!!
Unseasonably beautiful day as well....sunny, 65-70 degrees, little to no wind!

Broke 80 today (79) at my home course for only the second time and the first time from the back tees (6,400). Going to be a good season!

I haven’t done it yet but I feel like it’s getting close. I shot 81(39/42) two days ago. That’s my new low score by 4 shots. Two 3 putts on the front and two doubles on the back 🤦🏻‍♂️. I’m gonna get it soon though

Shot a 78 yesterday - couple loose shots could have meant a potentially slightly lower score, but only 7 bogeys and 1 birdie was a consistent day

Hopefully it can be the start of a run of good rounds

First 70s round of the season. Here's to many more.

Screenshot_20220516-140851_TheGrint.jpg

Man, breaking 80 is kicking my butt this year. I feel like I've been digging myself such a big hole in the beginning, working hard to get out of it and then one bad hole towards the end kills my chance. The 70s are coming though. I can feel it

It' DIDN'T happen again today (In 10 rounds this year, I've only shot 79 twice). I shot 44-38-82 at Valleywood Golf Club in Swanton, Ohio.
This course is always a tough one for me, I think, b/c it has so many elevation changes. I counted eight greens yesterday that were severely
elevated above the fairway. That always creates club selection problems for this old "flat-lander!" To make matters worse, the short game
wasn't working AT ALL. I took 36 putts, and was 0 for 7 in getting up and down around the greens. My usual numbers are 31-32 putts and
about 50% at getting up and down. Enough belly-aching.....back to the drawing board.....!!

Second of the season, right off the heels of one of my worst rounds of the season (92). Golf is weird.

1653098287174.png

I shot 39-40 at the course I consider my "home course," Chippewa Golf Club, near Toledo. I hit the ball, chipped and putted much
better than I had just a couple of days earlier. Hope the game's coming around, just in time for summer weather....!!

Had an absolute nightmare on the course yesterday....well....to be more precise, had an absolute nightmare on the back 9 yesterday

Started with a 3 putt bogey on the 1st after coming up just short of the top tier and rolling back to the lower one, then pulled my tee shot on the 2nd into the greenside bunker in a horrible lie which saw me with one foot inside the bunker and kneeling on the top of the face of the bunker with my other leg. I almost got up and down from it, but another bogey (on a shot hole for me) made for a tough start to the round. Added another bogey to the card on the 4th hole when I misjudged the wind on my approach and came up short of the green, but a birdie on the 6th hole got me back to just +2 and another bogey on the 9th hole saw me finish the front 9 at +3

Didn't hit the best of tee shots on the 10th (a driveable par 4) but I was left with a 30yd shot over the bunker and that is when the wheels well and truly fell off the wagon.....I chunked it into the bunker, then took 2 shots to get out and 3-putted for a triple, followed up with another bunker visit on the next hole which resulted in a bogey, and a chunked shot on the 12th which resulted in a double bogey

A 3-putt on the 13th meant, yup, another bogey, and although I made a par on the 14th, I followed that up with a shank on the 15th which put me right up against a tree and I finished with a double bogey

The 16th hole was the only bright spot of the back nine when I hit the fairway, hit the green and made the putt for a birdie

17th hole is a dogleg to the right, but yesterday the wind was off the right on that hole, and I double-crossed myself trying to hit a fade and turned it over and went OB, so 3 off the tee and the third double bogey on the back nine. By this point I was ready to go home, and it was shown with a final bogey of the day and a back 9 of +11

So the stats for the round were.....

Final score - 86 (39/47)
FIR - 12/15 (80%)
GIR - 8/18 (44%)
Putts - 36
1 lost ball and a lot of frustration :banghead:

I’ve been flirting with this goal the past several times out. I’ve gone from shooting high 80s with a bunch of penalties to shooting 80, 81, 84 the past few times out.

For me it’s all about getting rid of the penalty strokes. If I can go a round with out any it’s a very possible score. Last time out would have been a 78 if not for putting one in the drink and slicing another off the planet OB.

Short game is now one of my strengths and I think that is the other key part of getting to this goal.

Three consecutive rounds in the 70s!! I’m addictive to it.

I shot 37-38-75 today, beating my age by one. Sr. tees of course. It was just one of those days where my swing felt nice and smooth,
didn't hit it hard, just nice and straight. I putted pretty well too, so it was one of my best rounds in a couple of years. Hope it continues!

Back