Trying to Break 80 Club

Walked two rounds today.

R1: 37 / 45 - 82. I was even after the 11th hole. +10 in 6 %$*@! holes with 3 ball in the aqua. 3 putt on 14 & 15.
R2: 42 / 42 - 84. Struggled with my irons but putting was much better.

40 in league last night. We play it up in this league so it’s not the best indicator of my game, but still very pleased with ball striking.

5 pars, 4 bogeys.

Hit 6 of 7 fairways and 6 of 9 greens.

19 total putts. Had one 3 putt that kept me from <40.

+3 38 in league… feelin’ it!

Minor annoyance:

We play VERY ready golf in this league. Whoever’s ready, if it’s safe to do so, hit. Been that way for years.

I made a 5 on #3, opponent made a birdie 3.

On 4 box, he is goofing around with the cart girl, not ready, so I go tee it up.

All of a sudden I get “Hold on HOLD ON, I made birdie, it’s my box, I insist, I INSIST!!!” from the guy who’s getting a beer instead of playing ready golf.

I said nothing, stepped aside, he hit. I made par on 4, he had a double.

It was my box the rest of the round; never lost a hole after that.

39/43 today. Just didn’t hit my irons quite good enough today.

Played a course in our league group yesterday that I have never been to before and decided to go on a good run and shot 37/37=74 (par 70)

5 bogeys, 1 birdie and the rest were pars

This weekend I shot an 81 from the tips at our home course, and the next day I shot a 78 from the white tees. Great success! I ended up with birdies on the last two holes to make it happen. First round in the 70s since the 4th of July, and it brings me back down to my best 7.2 index for the year.

I shot 38/39 on Saturday with new irons and a new putter, but Sunday I was right back to 41/44. Ugh!!!

In 11 full rounds (not counting combined scores) since I shot my PB of -1 71, I haven't even sniffed breaking 80. Closest has been an 83 and that one wasn't even close. My cap is looking pretty vanity right now lol

Still chasing this after 2 years, 3 lowest scores this year are 82, 85, 86. Really thought I had a chance this weekend but blew up everything on the back 9

In 11 full rounds (not counting combined scores) since I shot my PB of -1 71, I haven't even sniffed breaking 80. Closest has been an 83 and that one wasn't even close. My cap is looking pretty vanity right now lol
What did we do to each other?!

Had an 84 over the weekend, which is my best round by 10 strokes since forgetting how to golf and stuff. Had 7 bogeys on the front and 2 triples on the back with 2 re-tees. Could have been something special. Just need the lesson results to kick in and I’ll be back in the 70’s!

Back in the conversation with an 82 on Saturday. Went out with a +3 39, but finished with a +8 43. Missed some makable putts, but also made a few good ones. Partial wedges were really the biggest issue as I caught a few of them reeeeaaaal chunky. I’m ready for the next sub-80 round though!

I can’t shake the blow up holes otherwise I’d be there. As it is I have rounds like today - 84 with a triple and 3 doubles. Even if those Others were just bogeys I’m at 79.

Played 3 rounds over the weekend and went 78 (+8) on Saturday morning, then 83 (+11) on Saturday afternoon and followed those up with 78 (+6) on Sunday

Since last year I'd been shooting in the 70's once every 5 rounds. I took all of July off after struggling with my game and not breaking 80 for 10 or so rounds. Came back and shot back to back 77's. Happy days. Hopefully keep that consistency going forward.

40/40 yesterday. Was nice to be back on the home course and familiar grounds.

Kept score on my own ball on Saturday whilst playing in a 4BBB mixed competition with Jen at our club and I went 38/39 for a round of 77

Feeling a lot more comfortable over the ball lately and it seems to be showing in the scores. I wouldn't say it was any area in particular that has improved, but more of a general improvement across my entire game that has given me more confidence, and the scores seem to be showing it

Broke 80 both times this weekend.

I'm a bit delinquent but 3 weeks ago I broke 80 for the first time ever and it did it on a hard course (70.4/133) while on vacation! It was one of those days most things clicked, I was hitting fairways off the tee, and the greens FELT huge with how I was hitting my approaches. I didn't putt well but obviously well enough and a I avoided the big numbers. The only down side is I missed an 9' birdie put on 18 to beat my father-in-law on the gross for the first time ever too. I've since broken 80 again at my home course. Its really about avoiding the big numbers, for me!

I've only broken 80 once so I'm on the hunt for the next one. Shot 81 this weekend with 2 doubles and 3 3putts :( Was the best I've played all year.

I've had my most successful year ever as far as breaking 80. Have played ~25 rounds this year and had 5 scores in the 70's, including 3 in a row in the 2nd half of August. My last 2 rounds have been a bit of a regression as my short game and irons have gotten really sloppy, but it helps that my tee game is in a good spot and I really don't often get myself in a lot of trouble anymore except on really tough tracks. I used to really share @tequila4kapp's struggles against the blow up hole, and I still have it from time to time, but it's a lot less.

If I can consistently lock my short game and short irons down into at least a fairly consistent place, I think I can get to a point where I'm better than 1 in 4 rounds in the 70's. Time will tell though!

A tough weekend with issues off the tee. I did not break 85 on either round, but my putting was great during both rounds. I averaged 1.4 putts on the GIR's on Sunday. Not a great round, but I had aspects that will hopefully help me break 80 again soon.

A tough weekend with issues off the tee. I did not break 85 on either round, but my putting was great during both rounds. I averaged 1.4 putts on the GIR's on Sunday. Not a great round, but I had aspects that will hopefully help me break 80 again soon.

Killer putting dude! My putter bailed me out a bit in my round yesterday as well. Only 30 total. 84 on a par 70 hurts, but having a solid putter should hopefully get both of us back there soon.

Killer putting dude! My putter bailed me out a bit in my round yesterday as well. Only 30 total. 84 on a par 70 hurts, but having a solid putter should hopefully get both of us back there soon.
I think good putting will lift my spirts better than anything else. 30 putts is great! I posted 31 putts Sat and 30 on Sunday. No 3 putts either day, too. Time to get the other parts of our golf games back on track!

Back