Tour Event U.S. Women's Open at Pebble Beach

Morgan Pressel makes me want to stick hot pokers in my ears 🤬🫢🤮
I actually like her a lot better than many of the male announcers. I think she and Paige Mackenzie should be on a lot more telecasts.

Is it odd that I’d much rather go watch a tournament at Pebble to see it once than I would to play it? Lot of other courses I’d rather play for the price.
A LOT. Pebble isn't anywhere on my bucket list.

Tardy has a very nice swing. Sucks to see her (slightly) fall apart here late.

A LOT. Pebble isn't anywhere on my bucket list.
Glad I’m not alone hahahaha

I just sort of don’t get the awe.

The weather sucks, it's ridiculously expensive, and other than a couple holes I don't even think the layout is anything special. I think the big draw is playing a course right alongside the ocean and I've done that on much less expensive courses, so that's not even a thing for me.

When I go to Carmel, I usually play Poppy Hills a couple of times at the NCGA rate, play Pacific Grove's back nine, which is primarily next to the water. There is a one year deal where one can play Spyglass, Links at Spanish Bay and one other at discounted rates. Not that interested in paying $600 for PB.

On Pressel, her voice is much better than it once was..

I actually like her a lot better than many of the male announcers. I think she and Paige Mackenzie should be on a lot more telecasts.
No thanks. Paige is ok, but they both have weird vocal inflections that wear on me.
They’re both knowledgeable, I just think they sound forced a lot of the time.

Man, I dunno, I would LOVE to play that course. I love playing golf right on the water like that.

Man, I dunno, I would LOVE to play that course. I love playing golf right on the water like that.
Yeah, me too, but it can be done at SO many other super nice courses, for a lot less, which means more rounds.

Yeah, me too, but it can be done at SO many other super nice courses, for a lot less, which means more rounds.
Understandable. Years ago I went to a Specialized Bike dealer event out there, and we did a bike ride on 17-mile drive and I was just in awe. It was a beauty.

The Bailey Tardy bandwagon is hanging in there; lost a wheel and ran into a ditch on 15 but quickly got that fixed. Just 3 back headed to Sunday, I like where she's at (y)

do we see anyone 5-6 strokes back make a run tomorrow? minjee? rose?

She also had David Leadbetter as her coach. He made his bones by being Nick Faldo's coach, but several other players who trained under him flamed out or underperformed, including Michelle Wie, Lydia Ko, Chuckie Three Sticks, and Byeong Hun An.

Seeking out Leadbetter is like seeking out lead poisoning, you don’t want either.

Golf channel has two , female commentators and yes a Chamblee in the middle …. Why ?? He should be on the outside , and his advisors on attire must be the 3 blind mice … omg he has no idea at all ……

Course is fine , as one of the ladies said their is insufficient distance between 4’s and 5’s to make it contrast .

That said the compressed scoring will make for entertaining last round , particularly so if weather and wind increase influence .

do we see anyone 5-6 strokes back make a run tomorrow? minjee? rose?
Nasa Hataoka went -6 today to take over the lead, so it can be done.

Leona charging from +2 would be fun to see.

I hope Nasa cools down today and Corpuz wins her 2nd major of the year!!

Welp, looks like I just became a Bailey Tardy fan. Anyone who is a Mizuno staffer, loves dogs and has the same name as my dog cant be all bad.

what do you think it'll take to win? -10?
I think the number will be right around there unless they made some radical changes to the setup today.

Back