UK Summer Cup 2014 - Details

Be interesting to see your handicap at the time of the even too !!!!

Got a lesson booked for Thursday, so my handicap could be heading in the 'wrong' direction if there is too much to sort out.....

If your handicap has already dropped by 0.7 in the last couple of weeks, we could continue working on that basis which means that by the time the event comes around your handicap will be......

Today - 28th April
Event - 6th July

Number of weeks - we will say 10 weeks (that would be using yesterdays date for an exact 10 weeks)

Therefore your handicap will be cut by 0.7 * 5 = 3.5

Handicap for the event - 15.7 (based on your profile) - 3.5 = 12.2

Sounds like a fair method of calculation to me :alien:

Just working that out has made me realise that the event is not all that far away.....better get some practice in :D

I wonder how Stu is feeling after his birthday yesterday.....?

Fair method indeed.. But I'll let the actual performance of my game judge that! :)
Since I play 3-4 rounds per week and 2-3 of them are registered (the other are solo rounds) my handicap will be fair and unforgiving at the time for the event! :act-up:

Linus! We'll accept whatever handicap...

I'll fine you anyway!:devil::devil::devil:

Linus! We'll accept whatever handicap...

I'll fine you anyway!:devil::devil::devil:

Haha! I have kind of expected that answer.. So I'm better of by practicing my spiritual skills then.. :drinks:

Haha! I have kind of expected that answer.. So I'm better of by practicing my spiritual skills then.. :drinks:

Good luck Linus!...I have been on the receiving end of El B's fines and really it's not all bad :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck Linus!...I have been on the receiving end of El B's fines and really it's not all bad :)

I do know his definition of "a couple of beers".. So I'm not worried I actually look forward to it but someone will have to wake me up in the morning.. That might be the hardest part! :eyepoke:

I do know his definition of "a couple of beers".. So I'm not worried I actually look forward to it but someone will have to wake me up in the morning.. That might be the hardest part! :eyepoke:

Wake you?

bed?

:rofl:

Linus, on another thread, a guy is looking for recommendations in Goteborg...

Wake you?

bed?

:rofl:

Linus, on another thread, a guy is looking for recommendations in Goteborg...

Not long until RSG Stu!! :)

Not long until RSG Stu!! :)

yep! Typically, pulled my back this morning in the garden. (Proof if any were needed that gardening is bad for you!) So, lots of R&R before Friday. Picking up The Dane from Stansted, then we are the pair behind you on your round 2.

Fore!

just in case I forget on the day :bananadance:

If anyone wants to stop off for a cuppa on the way home we are not far from the A1 if you are heading back south that way

Just drop me a PM if you want to call in and assuming we are here you are more than welcome

Forgot to mention yesterday, but I think Preston is definitely in the running for bandit of the year after the charity day we played in.....
Since putting his cards in his scores have been considerably lower than the handicap he was given

After putting his cards in for his handicap, he ended up with a 26.....yesterday he shot 90 and scored 44 points :terror:

If anyone wants to stop off for a cuppa on the way home we are not far from the A1 if you are heading back south that way

Just drop me a PM if you want to call in and assuming we are here you are more than welcome

You been on the sherry again? RSG is Royal St Georges...Kent. A long way for a cuppa!

You been on the sherry again? RSG is Royal St Georges...Kent. A long way for a cuppa!

More like the paint fumes from decorating all weekend....don't know why but I had it in my head you were playing St Andrews..... :confused:

UK Summer Cup 2014 - Details

More like the paint fumes from decorating all weekend....don't know why but I had it in my head you were playing St Andrews..... :confused:

I think Stu was up there recently? He's like golfing royalty!!

We have Rushmania over from the US (Kansas I think?) and The Dane coming over. 36 at Royal St George's then Rush, El B and a The Dane are staying at Princes and playing there on Sat :)

I think Stu was up there recently? He's like golfing royalty!!

We have Rushmania over from the US (Kansas I think?) and The Dane coming over. 36 at Royal St George's then Rush, El B and a The Dane are staying at Princes and playing there on Sat :)

Si - its 'll going pear-shaped at the moment...:beat-up:

The Dane has crocked his foot - and they believe that he has an infection. Sounds serious, they are talking hospitalisation. Yikes!

I did my back gardening at the weekend - and am looking less and less likely to be fit (by which I mean my usual level of unfitness:beauty:) Im off to the quack at lunch time.

So - am in negotiation with RSG / Princes at the moment about a reschedule for The Dane and I - he will lose an absolute packet if they won't let us reschedule. He already had to write off his flight..

:bad: I'll update you when I know more...

Si - its 'll going pear-shaped at the moment...:beat-up:

The Dane has crocked his foot - and they believe that he has an infection. Sounds serious, they are talking hospitalisation. Yikes!

I did my back gardening at the weekend - and am looking less and less likely to be fit (by which I mean my usual level of unfitness:beauty:) Im off to the quack at lunch time.

So - am in negotiation with RSG / Princes at the moment about a reschedule for The Dane and I - he will lose an absolute packet if they won't let us reschedule. He already had to write off his flight..

:bad: I'll update you when I know more...

Oh hell that sounds really bad for you guys! Keep us posted and hope there is a miraculous recovery for you both.

Have you managed to speak to Rushmania? I think he was in Geneva before coming to the UK so not sure if he will be on here much? Did you get his email address?

Oh hell that sounds really bad for you guys! Keep us posted and hope there is a miraculous recovery for you both.

Have you managed to speak to Rushmania? I think he was in Geneva before coming to the UK so not sure if he will be on here much? Did you get his email address?

I think I have an address for him somewhere - just waiting for the clubs to come back to me:sad:

I think I have an address for him somewhere - just waiting for the clubs to come back to me:sad:

According to his other thread he is sitting at some kind of place where planes land and take off, in London.. ;) pm him!

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

Rush is in the picture - replied to my E-mail.:arrogant:

Hope you guys all get things sorted out and the injuries aren't too severe

Well -

The Dane - nasty infection Strepp.....(really long latin word). Good news is that 10 days worth of Horse size antibiotics and he should be as right as rain...

El B - still sore back, overweight, no friends,.....the usual - but planning a comeback in the monthly medal on Sunday. What could possibly go wrong?:beat-up:

Royal St Georges and Princes. Huge hand for these two courses - who were happy to let The Dane and I reschedule once he is better.

Geo and Rush should be out for 36 tomorrow. Forecast is for a bit of wet stuff and a stiff breeze...RSG setup for a competition. That will be easy then!:alien:

El B - still sore back, overweight, no friends,.....the usual - but planning a comeback in the monthly medal on Sunday. What could possibly go wrong?:beat-up:

So you will more than likely shoot your best ever round and have your handicap cut then..... :D

Geo and Rush should be out for 36 tomorrow. Forecast is for a bit of wet stuff and a stiff breeze...RSG setup for a competition. That will be easy then!:alien:

Should be a pretty low scoring round for both of them in those conditions :alien:

So you will more than likely shoot your best ever round and have your handicap cut then..... :D

Should be a pretty low scoring round for both of them in those conditions :alien:

I hope you are right on all counts! With functioning back - managed a stirring 104 in last weeks Board Comp and I walked off 8 on handicap. 10 holes of hell! As for RSG in a stiff wind...yikes. That is going to be a challenge. Dunno about Rush - but Geo put his irons into orbit...

Below is a review from the golf monthly forum...posted this morning.

18 looks fun....

[h=2]The Marriot, St Pierre Chepstow - The old course[/h]
As soon as you enter the facility you are aware that this is a world class Golf course with a huge amount of history. Just inside the pro shop are photo's of Bernard Langer, Seve and other greats of the game who have played and won tournaments there, just seeing those gives you that feeling that the round is going to be something special. The course is visually stunning with views right over to Bristol and surrounding area's. Every hole feels a little different and are in perfect condition. The last four holes really make stand out, the 15th is a short par 4 dog leg left downhill to a green surrounded by water with a stunning view of the cottages and water fountains by the lake. The 17th is a tough par 4 with bunkers in the middle of the fairway and a blind approach to a downhill green surrounded by more water! The 18th is a brutal 230 yard uphill par 3 which is a perfect card wrecking finishing hole. The food is absolutely top class as was the service received the entire day. Simply a must visit Golf Course.​

If it is uphill, maybe a 6i will be needed instead of a 7i :D

Back