UK THP Spring Cup Discussion Thread

Interesting isn't it, I had been fitted for the x hot pro and was happily swinging away when the guy came over and said how was it?

When I said that it was long but drifting in the wind he said that he'd been wondering whether I should try the lower spinning extreme?

Gave me the Project X shaft and the flight was so much lower than either the XHP or my current TaylorMade which has a matrix to shaft with the same 9.5' head.

I think your feedback that the Aldila shaft is high launching will count that out for me though.

CragRat. You are in serious need of some time with a fitter. He will take you through a hundred shafts until you get one that delivers on the launch monitor and feels right....worth the the effort IMHO...

So, MAV, El B, Chris, Stu and CragRat - that's 5 already.:sinister:

JDPW is fond of a decent drop, and Dirk St Moritz is not averse (apart from his condition) ((he has deep pockets and short arms:rofl:))

only kidding Dirko!

This is shaping up to be a truly monumental golf break!

So, MAV, El B, Chris, Stu and CragRat - that's 5 already.:sinister:

JDPW is fond of a decent drop, and Dirk St Moritz is not averse (apart from his condition) ((he has deep pockets and short arms:rofl:))

only kidding Dirko!

At this rate, I am going to be the only one without a hangover on the Monday morning.....must make sure I have got the camera ready for the first tee shots..... :D

CragRat. You are in serious need of some time with a fitter. He will take you through a hundred shafts until you get one that delivers on the launch monitor and feels right....worth the the effort IMHO...

Yep think you're right, I've been playing at this, had a belfry session but only walked away with standard shafts and never really got into much if a discussion.

I'm going to see if I can try the Xtreme on the course if the guys at Rudding will let me?

At this rate, I am going to be the only one without a hangover on the Monday morning.....must make sure I have got the camera ready for the first tee shots..... :D

From recent experience it seems I stand a better chance of playing well if I am half cut on the first tee!

Well after the weather yesterday, it is glorious blue sky and sunshine here today - looking good for the weekend :thumb:

OK special treat for everyone - early release of the names tonight as I'm off out with the family for some dinner, then picking parents up from the airport.

So without further ado, tonight's names are,

Andy Burgess (Burgerbudge) on team Rose AND John Williams (El Jefe) on team Faldo

Team Dicks - David Liversedge, Sam Guest, Tom Simonsen (Carlsberg boy)

Team Seve - Stuart Lennon (El Bandito), Glenn Smith (The Doctor)

Team Rose - Andy Bullock (Bully), Martin Newton, Andy Burgess (Burgerbudge)

Team Faldo - Rob Newton, Neville Smith (Dirk St Moritz), John Williams (El Jefe)

That completes Team Rose and Team Faldo and just leaves Mr David Balbi and Myself to be added to either team Dicks or Team Seve.......

OK special treat for everyone - early release of the names tonight as I'm off out with the family for some dinner, then picking parents up from the airport.

Andy Burgess (Burgerbudge) on team Rose AND John Williams (El Jefe) on team Faldo

Team Faldo - Rob Newton, Neville Smith (Dirk St Moritz), John Williams (El Jefe)

That completes Team Rose and Team Faldo and just leaves Mr David Balbi and Myself to be added to either team Dicks or Team Seve.......

Bon appetit MAV!

Some strong lineups there! Really looking forward to it. As for the final two, team Seve would be honoured to have either! the Champ or the Chairman. You can't lose either way!

So sad to say this but I am dying to post the final names and let everyone in on the secret.

It's painful being the only one that knows these things - other than the missus of course :)

It's going to be a great first day, I am sure the night and second day will be just as popular!

Well in a great team either way - it's not school - it really isn't - don't run home crying about not being picked - :crying:

11.30am on Sunday and 9.30 on Monday.

Ah okay, we'll I might bump into you there. Just waiting on confirmation, but a couple of us are thinking about taking them up on the deal they've got on this weekend. Dinner, bed, breakfast and rounds on the Brabazon and derby for £125 each. We would play the brabazon on sat and derby on sunday with the inevitable hangover. Would be good to bump into everyone if we do go

Ah okay, we'll I might bump into you there. Just waiting on confirmation, but a couple of us are thinking about taking them up on the deal they've got on this weekend. Dinner, bed, breakfast and rounds on the Brabazon and derby for £125 each. We would play the brabazon on sat and derby on sunday with the inevitable hangover. Would be good to bump into everyone if we do go

That's the benefit of booking at the absolute last minute.

They wanted another £70 on top of the £130 we had already paid for the weekend to play the Brabazon - that was two weeks ago :(

Still planning on asking as and when we arrive if there is any chance of upgrading to the Brabazon.

Yeah it's definitely worth doing, they must have ted times free, and I did see a deal on golf breaks where you could add it in for £30

If they all decide to go for it I will let everyone know o here. Would be good to meet everyone, and line up a possible slot in the summer comp

Would be excellent to see you Mike!

Must try and meet up Mike, and even better if we can get a bigger group for the next one.

Im assuming the 4 ball will go out last then?

Im assuming the 4 ball will go out last then?

And further apologies to Andy, on my team, again, I can only apologise!!

So sad to say this but I am dying to post the final names and let everyone in on the secret.

It's painful being the only one that knows these things - other than the missus of course :)

It's going to be a great first day, I am sure the night and second day will be just as popular!

was hoping you might have caved by now! early release today please!

At the inevitable planning meeting, we must kick around the idea of a continued team competition along side the singles...perhaps for the next cup???

Must try and meet up Mike, and even better if we can get a bigger group for the next one.
Second that!
i would love to do a European trip as Mav281 hinted earlier, but I would also imagine that we might be able to build numbers better with something UK based.
i do know that Aldmulder (Sweden) Castor Hades (Finland) and Tom (The Dane) would all look at getting across if we could do the event nearish to an airport served by the low cost airlines.
Tom is chairman of a quirky little club in Denmark and could undoubtedly put on one heck of an event, he regularly manages top level tournaments - but we can quiz him on that tomorrow! The beer incidentally is very very good!
All for another thread!

That's the benefit of booking at the absolute last minute.

They wanted another £70 on top of the £130 we had already paid for the weekend to play the Brabazon - that was two weeks ago :(

Still planning on asking as and when we arrive if there is any chance of upgrading to the Brabazon.

Agreed! They are a bit naughty doing this, but you can understand the commercial logic.

Just realised I am posting to myself! Think I might be tiny bit over-excited...:banana:

Well guys. Have a great time. Will be with you all in spirit whilst slaving at work.

was hoping you might have caved by now! early release today please!

At the inevitable planning meeting, we must kick around the idea of a continued team competition along side the singles...perhaps for the next cup???

I've had to wait till now! So another 12 hours won't hurt :)

I've had to wait till now! So another 12 hours won't hurt :)
Ah....the freedom of being a foot soldier. Us Skippers need time to set up the Sports Psych appointments, write the speeches, plan the tactics, agree the hole division for the yellow ball...the list goes on. My back room team have completed all the personality profiles of known team members, and are sitting around drinking my tea in the kitchen...

the burden of responsibility....:peace2:

Back