Unicorn sighting?

RayG

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
At the range yesterday and a gentleman goes into the next bay with a driver and a big bucket. Hits a few(I should say, topped a bunch) then gets a phone call. He sounded pretty excited. Gone about 10 minutes and comes back with a box. Obviously, new clubs. He proceeds to open the box and unwrapping the well protected clubs. I can see black graphite shafts, and fancy head covers. I just said “ooooh, new clubs, huh?” He nodded and giggled a bit. I went about my business while he finished opening and checking them out. Then proceeded to try them out by topping, shanking them all over the place. I still don’t know what they were. I just mentioned to him when we met eyes at one point- “yeah- new clubs, afraid to get them dirty, right?” “Yeah, going to course later” “Oh, good luck” (you’ll need it)
As I finished up and was leaving, I was able to finally see the set. I nearly plotzed... 5-10, PW, AW, SW of Majesty Prestigio X. Damn things are probably worth more than my car! Over the years, I’ve played with some pretty well off people who had good game and bad game, but this is by far the most expensive bag I’ve ever come across. Damn right I’d be afraid to get them dirty. Or damage them on a mat. Or actually use them!!!

Wow!!!

Never understood why some would spend that kind of money on ugly clubs...lol

Never heard of them.
Had to google them.
Will never buy them.
EVER!

That is an impressive amount of money for a set of irons! And four of those clubs were optional extras! See that their stock set comes with 7i through PW. Wow...

It’s all relative though - to him, this could have been the financial equivalent to someone else getting a new set of TaylorMade’s.

I had to google as well, this really caught my eye...

Low gravity center and devastating repulsion performance.
The distance exceeds all expectations.

Repulsion?!?!?!??????

But in a honesty how much more different than the Honma Beres 5 Star line up

They are not only expensive, they are hideous.

Must be a status buy.

That’s fun. I wonder if he thought he would be striping it down the middle with new clubs ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$). I know a few guys who go all-in with everything they try with top of the line gear as novices, but this is a new one.

They look like pimp clubs to me, but hey, whatever floats yer boat. For that price they should come with the psychedelic jumpsuit, platform shoes and neon green feather boa to complete the image. :ROFLMAO:

Those are not good looking clubs. If I saw those in someone's bag I wouldn't have known they were expensive. Just thought they were ugly.

I’ve never seen a set but I’ve seen a Louis Vuitton golf bag before at Ko’Olina in Hawaii. They are $13k, lol.

50FD2912-F5CC-4570-8B3C-DCDB6DFEDB21.jpeg

So stupid.

OP here... While I have seen Gold Plated Putters, that Gold driver (not the Amazon one, not sure if it was one of those Beres drivers), over the top personal Golf Carts (with a box set of Spaulding's, btw) and a few other over the top signs of "overzealous consumerism", this was, hand's down, the "over the top-ist" example.

Lets' just say that money doesn't necessarily buy ability... or good taste. It's like that guy from a year or so ago I played with. He lost at least 18 brand new ProV1's over the first 12 or so holes. He could hit them a mile, just not in the same time zone. I asked him why do you play ProV1's? "Well, I was fitted for them and the pro said they suit my game". Right...

Last edited:
So according to this thread, a crappy golf should only play Cleveland VAS
No wonder people think golfers are snobby.
Or that, maybe they should learn how to hit a golf ball before they spend $4-5 grand on a set of irons?🤷‍♂️
Doesn't matter to me, it isn't my cash but the comedy of it is equivalent to a Youtube video of some douche buying a Supercar and wrapping it around a telephone pole a mile away from the dealership.

They look like pimp clubs to me, but hey, whatever floats yer boat. For that price they should come with the psychedelic jumpsuit, platform shoes and neon green feather boa to complete the image. :ROFLMAO:

Back