Unofficial 2021 Kentucky Bourbon Bash Gathering

KY Golfer

It's for Kentucky, Lol #Paradise4Life
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Bourbon
I'm excited to give the details for the 2021 Kentucky Bourbon Bash, but wanted to point out that this get together is not part of the amazing THP Experiences. Just a group of THPers getting together for a fun filled weekend.

Unfortunately due to Covid, last year was cancelled all together and things are still somewhat different. Some distilleries still aren't holding tours or tastings as of this post but we are going to make the best of it. Golf, Bourbon and hanging out with THPers, sounds like a great time to me, but we need to act fast on dates so we can get everything booked ASAP. Once we get dates & numbers I will need everyone's payments for the rooms up front.

So here are the details....

Date: (Trying to beat the Heat)
Saturday, May 29th & Sunday, May 30th. Yes it's Memorial Day weekend but you will have that Monday to relax and unwind.

Lodging:
Griffin Gate Marriott Golf Resort & Spa (Price is $165.00 after taxes and fees. That includes Lodging and unlimited golf for either Saturday or Sunday. It's a hell of a deal. Rooms alone are usually $150. 2 guests per room with Queen beds. If anyone wants to come in Friday, Griffin Gate has the same deal if you want to book or feel free to book anywhere you'd like.

Golf:
One day will be played at Griffin Gate (Price included in lodging) & the other will be played at either Kearney Hills ($55ish)

Distilleries:
The plan is to play golf Saturday morning in order to make both distilleries Saturday afternoon. The distilleries are also open on Sunday if we wanted to hit one each day. Reservations are required, but can't be booked until 28 days out but will fill up quickly so we need definite numbers.

Buffalo Trace (10am-4pm): Complementary walking tour with tastings. Only the brands listed below are being offered due to limited quantities.

bt.JPG

Woodford Reserve (10am-4pm) 8 guests per guided tasting of their 5 brands with no tour for $25.

wr.JPG

I want to give everyone a chance to get in on this, but we can't let it drag out very long mainly because of the rooms availability. So we'll give it a couple weeks. Let us know in the thread what dates work best for you and how many nights you think you will need. If someone wants to come in early, feel free to book your own lodging if you can get a better deal. But for a room and all day golf we can't beat Griffin Gate.

Throw out any questions you may have but one question is already answered....I've got Bourbon!!

Attending:
@KY Golfer (Both days of Golf plus Lodging)
@Qwkz51 (Both days of Golf plus Lodging)
@Golfers Anonymous (Both days of Golf plus Lodging)
@xThor (Both days of Golf plus Lodging)
@jbuck31 +1 (Both days of Golf plus Lodging)
@patriotcoach (Both days of Golf plus Lodging)
@gmiller598 (Both days of Golf plus Lodging)
@The Milk Man (Both days of Golf plus Lodging)
@LLIB (Golf & Bourbon Tour on Saturday only)
@Scooby45 (Golf on Sunday only)
@Nerdy_81 (Golf on Sunday only)
@Robozeo (Golf on Sunday only)

Last edited:
This looks legit!! I am going to look at dates and report back. I will already be there May 14 weekend, so I don't know yet.

This looks legit!! I am going to look at dates and report back. I will already be there May 14 weekend, so I don't know yet.
Yeah I'll see you then as well hopefully.

I’m in for either of the weekends!

Definitely recommend making the drive to frankfort for the Buffalo Trace. Their gift shop usually offers one of the following each day and peaople line up for it but I understand they hold enough back for that day's tours. You won't know which is available until that day.

Blanton's
Eagle Rare
EH Taylor Small Batch
Weller Special Reserve.

Woodford Reserve is a beautiful place as well.

Definitely recommend making the drive to frankfort for the Buffalo Trace. Their gift shop usually offers one of the following each day and peaople line up for it but I understand they hold enough back for that day's tours. You won't know which is available until that day.

Blanton's
Eagle Rare
EH Taylor Small Batch
Weller Special Reserve.

Is special reserve the green label and antique red label?

Blanton's
Eagle Rare
EH Taylor Small Batch
Weller Special Reserve.

Buffalo Trace is only offering the tastings that I listed right now due to limited quantities they have. I assume due to lack of production from Covid. Unfortunately Buffalo Trace & Woodford are the only places doing Tours and tasting right now. Wild Turkey is also but they are already booked up till late June.

Is special reserve the green label and antique red label?
From left to Right. Regular Woodford Bourbon, Double Oaked Bourbon, Rye Whiskey, Malt Whiskey & Wheat Whiskey

Buffalo Trace is only offering the tastings that I listed right now due to limited quantities they have. I assume due to lack of production from Covid. Unfortunately Buffalo Trace & Woodford are the only places doing Tours and tasting right now. Wild Turkey is also but they are already booked up till late June.
Cool. I’m in a Facebook group called What does Buffalo Trace have today? That people post what they are buying in their gift shop each day. So they should have at least one of those for sale.

Yes, this is exciting!!!!

Don’t think I can make it if it’s the 22/23rd.

but if it’s memorial weekend I am so in!

I will keep an updated list in the first post of the attending.

Count me in, either weekend!

With the annual buddies trip and now the MC I don't think I can pull an overnight but being around an hour from Griffin Gate I'd be interested in the golf if it makes numbers easy, i.e. you have 7 and I fill out 8, etc.

Keep me posted. I'm likely good both weekends at the moment.

I'm excited to give the details for the 2021 Kentucky Bourbon Bash, but wanted to point out that this get together is not part of the amazing THP Experiences. Just a group of THPers getting together for a fun filled weekend.

Unfortunately due to Covid, last year was cancelled all together and things are still somewhat different. Some distilleries still aren't holding tours or tastings as of this post but we are going to make the best of it. Golf, Bourbon and hanging out with THPers, sounds like a great time to me, but we need to act fast on dates so we can get everything booked ASAP. Once we get dates & numbers I will need everyone's payments for the rooms up front.

So here are the details....

Date Options: (Trying to beat the Heat)
(1) Saturday, May 22nd & Sunday, May 23rd
(2) Saturday, May 29th & Sunday, May 30th. Yes it's Memorial Day weekend but you will have that Monday to relax and unwind.

Lodging:
Griffin Gate Marriott Golf Resort & Spa (Price is $161.00 after taxes and fees. That includes Lodging and unlimited golf for either Saturday or Sunday. It's a hell of a deal. Rooms alone are usually $150. 2 guests per room with Queen beds. We can also add Friday night with the same price if anyone wants to come in early.

Golf:
One day will be played at Griffin Gate (Price included in lodging) & the other will be played at either Kearney Hills ($55) or University Club ($45 or $60 depending on which course)

Distilleries:
The plan is to play golf Saturday morning in order to make both distilleries Saturday afternoon. The distilleries are also open on Sunday if we wanted to hit one each day. Reservations are required, but can't be booked until 28 days out but will fill up quickly so we need definite numbers.

Buffalo Trace (10am-4pm): Complementary walking tour with tastings. Only the brands listed below are being offered due to limited quantities.

View attachment 8999338

Woodford Reserve (10am-4pm) 8 guests per guided tasting of their 5 brands with no tour for $25.

View attachment 8999337

I want to give everyone a chance to get in on this, but we can't let it drag out very long mainly because of the rooms availability. So we'll give it a couple weeks. Let us know in the thread what dates work best for you and how many nights you think you will need. If someone wants to come in early, feel free to book your own lodging if you can get a better deal. But for a room and all day golf we can't beat Griffin Gate.

Throw out any questions you may have but one question is already answered....I've got Bourbon!!

List of those who have committed:
@KY Golfer (Either Week)
@LLIB (Either Week)
@Qwkz51 (Either Week)
@Golfers Anonymous (Either Week)
@xThor (29th & 30th Only)
Thank you for taking the reigns on this one! ;)

Ah damnit, I got buddies bachelor party potentially the first week, and their wedding and also baby due date around the 2nd week option.

I’m about 3 hours away so an easy drive. I’m very interested, and if the spouse is okay with it I’m in.

option 1

Am I allowed to put ice in my bourbon?

I forgot to mention this since I was about to leave earlier but count me in for either weekend. I should be good either way.

Back