Unofficial Arizona Golf Outing - Winter 2019

Anyone going to be using the golf board this weekend?

This is a good question. With the forecast....Probably not a good idea for Sunday. Also there is a waiver and instructional video you must watch which takes about 20 minutes for first time users. I will let the pro shop know in advance if anyone is interested

I'm all for a cart!

All tee times will be under the name Morgan.

Anybody excited yet?
EEE7C858-14D4-413D-8DA0-BF09E4CC66E8.jpeg
Live look...Waiting for tomorrow I am.

O.K. just to clarify, Sunday is singles match day. What is the format for Saturday? And it looks like (if I'm reading it correctly) I'm pin hunting for Team Tucson, yes?

O.K. just to clarify, Sunday is singles match day. What is the format for Saturday? And it looks like (if I'm reading it correctly) I'm pin hunting for Team Tucson, yes?

Saturday will be Best Ball

Best Ball is a golf tournament format in which the two golfers who make up a team compare their scores on each hole, and the one lowest score among them - the "best ball" among them - counts as the team score. Each player will play their own ball every hole. This will be match play vs the Tucson two some playing in your group.

For example if you have a net bogey and your partner has a net double bogey. Your team score would be a net bogey. If the other team has a net par and net triple bogey. Their team score would be net par and win the hole and go one up in the match.

Saturday will be Best Ball

Best Ball is a golf tournament format in which the two golfers who make up a team compare their scores on each hole, and the one lowest score among them - the "best ball" among them - counts as the team score. Each player will play their own ball every hole. This will be match play vs the Tucson two some playing in your group.

For example if you have a net bogey and your partner has a net double bogey. Your team score would be a net bogey. If the other team has a net par and net triple bogey. Their team score would be net par and win the hole and go one up in the match.
So then I'm Team Phoenix, correct?

Unfortunately you are.
It doesn't really matter. I'm the Show Low assassin. A free agent, if you will. Numbers at the next event may have me on the Tucson roster. Call me Boba Fett. I'm just here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. :LOL:

Anybody excited yet?
View attachment 8917866
Live look...Waiting for tomorrow I am.
Super stoked, haven’t been out to play since Sunday. I’ve been saving myself for this weekend. Currently at work and anticipating getting off and getting home. Luckily, the aircraft gods have been good to me today and nothing is broke hard!
You boys that are driving out early in the morning, have safe travels.

Also some general rules for this event:

Pace of play is important. If you are out of the hole. Feel free to pick up your ball.

Gimmes are always welcome. Opponents must tell you good in advance. It’s match play so there is no hard and fast rule as to length.

Local rules apply. The biggest one is shots into the desert. Play as a water hazard. Determine where the ball entered and play as close as possible with a 1 stroke penalty. If the ball is found and playable you are able to but no moving the ball or brush. Again pace of play....don’t spend too long looking for balls.

Last edited:
A bit late, but just FYI for you Arccos users. The Caddie previews always use the back tees, regardless of whether you change the tee before hitting preview. It's been like that for almost 2 years and they haven't fixed it

A bit late, but just FYI for you Arccos users. The Caddie previews always use the back tees, regardless of whether you change the tee before hitting preview. It's been like that for almost 2 years and they haven't fixed it
I saw that when I looked at my home course it did the same thing. Given my lost at sea approach to using a drive, caddie preview comes up with some unique game strategy. It loves the use of a wedge after my tee shot to set up a 5 wood to green on long holes. Which looks quite odd to me.

If I was an oddsmaker like @JDax i think Phx will prevail in this matchup. PopCity vs LocalKnowledge

I predict the real winner this weekend is Anheiser-Busch.

I feel a real rivalry brewing between @oumagic and @Doubleb21. Good thing they are paired together.

I feel a real rivalry brewing between @oumagic and @Doubleb21. Good thing they are paired together.
I have played with Brian twice and I am definitely worried. The dude is getting dialed in. I am going to have to bring my A game down I-10

I have played with Brian twice and I am definitely worried. The dude is getting dialed in. I am going to have to bring my A game down I-10

Bummed I won't have the chance to kick some Phoenix ass tomorrow. Go T-town

Bummed I won't have the chance to kick some Phoenix ass tomorrow. Go T-town

You will be missed....but there will be others. This has taught me a lot and hopefully this will be bigger in the future. :cool:

@oumagic hope my pops help the team tomorrow. Not going to lie, Sunday’s round makes me nervous.

Back