Unofficial Arizona Golf Outing - Winter 2019

Fitting you in should not be an issue for one or both days. @phoffer may be still recovering from an injury.

I think there are at least 5 or 6 THPers in Tucson.....not including you.

I play in Green Valley sometimes.....to be honest mostly in overseeding season. Usually at San Ignacio.

Ok. Please let me know what will work the best. You can put me down for one day for sure to cover the day Measu isn’t going to be there and keep the other day tentative if proffer isn’t available to make it.
San Ignacio is my favorite course down here. I try to play it a few times a month, but mostly I play at Haven. As far as in town; I’ve only played at Enke once.

I'll do the Titleist ball fitting too. I'm currently playing Snell MTB and MTB-X.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just got this message from one of the pros in the shop this afternoon. I will share if anyone is interested.

"I saw that you have a few tee times on December 7th. Titleist is coming out on that day and doing free ball fittings I was wondering if any of your players would be interested in doing that before their tee time? They will be on the range and appointments take 15 minutes. All I would need is a name and what type of ball they play most often. They will also get free samples of their recommended golf ball. Just let me know, you can have them reach out to me regarding that as well."

I've done this before at the Titleist Event in Savannah and could not recommend it enough.
I'm in. I play prov1x or bridgestone XS.

I apologize if I am thread jacking, but was wondering how prices compared between the greater Phoenix/Scottsdale area and Tuscon during the winter time. Also, with the possibility of heading to Tuscon in late January, any recommendations? Thanks.
Tucson is cheaper, especially if it's around the time of Waste Management. Like the others said, we have plenty of great courses down here in Tucson. And if you just want some cheap but still good golf, our city courses are pretty good, and I think they top out at $60 during the winter. If you play with a local, you can get the local rate if they do the tee time correctly (allegedly).

@Wildcat4life I think I'm gonna have to sit this out unfortunately. I still don't know when I'll be swinging a club again, the earliest would probably be that week, and that would be a disaster on that course

Two weeks from today and I can't wait to tee it up with fellow THPers in AZ!!!!

Although I realize, if anyone wants to demo ONE Length, you'd be more than welcome to borrow clubs. I have a steel setup (F8 5-GW, 56* wedge) and a graphite setup (F9 5-SW, 56/60 wedges), both stiff shafts, standard loft/lie. I know some people in AZ have shown curiosity.

Ok. Please let me know what will work the best. You can put me down for one day for sure to cover the day Measu isn’t going to be there and keep the other day tentative if proffer isn’t available to make it.
San Ignacio is my favorite course down here. I try to play it a few times a month, but mostly I play at Haven. As far as in town; I’ve only played at Enke once.
Look like phoffer has had to bow out. You're good for both days, it seems. Looking forward to meeting you!(y)

@Wildcat4life I think I'm gonna have to sit this out unfortunately. I still don't know when I'll be swinging a club again, the earliest would probably be that week, and that would be a disaster on that course

That's too bad.....Hope you get to tee it up again soon.

Let me know what tees everyone would like to play and I will try to set the pairings accordingly:

Bear Down Tees - 7,283 yards
Ruby Tees - 6,741 yards
Jade Tees - 6,341 yards

Also do we want to have some sort of competition?

Let me know what tees everyone would like to play and I will try to set the pairings accordingly:

Bear Down Tees - 7,283 yards
Ruby Tees - 6,741 yards
Jade Tees - 6,341 yards

Also do we want to have some sort of competition?

To make it easier when you set up pairings.
1) Jade
2) Ruby
Always down for some friendly competition.
What type of play is this going to be? Stroke, match, foursome, best ball etc?

Jade tees for this hack. :sneaky:

1. Jade
2. Refer to #1

(I’ll play Ruby if we need to fill out a pairing)

Jade please that course is already an Az kicker!!! And I am down for whatever competition you want as long as you are on my team! ?????????????

As much as I'd like to see you play the Bear Down tees it will have to be Jade tees for me... Always up for a little THP competition fun!

Maybe a best ball format. I guess we can decide what % of handicap applies. That way everyone can play their own ball and card the best score for the team.

Jade. No roll out this time of year. Friendly Competition is fine.

Are most walking? I prefer to walk but dont want to hold everyone up.

Jade preferred or Ruby if needed.

Are most walking? I prefer to walk but dont want to hold everyone up.

Walking is not really an option for this course....but the plus is that the carts come with GPS.

I wouldn't mind playing if you guys have an opening on a single day. Unfortunately I can't do both.

I am watching this thread with a lot of envy! I absolutely love Tucson golf, can’t wait to get back out there. I will give you guys a heads up to see if anyone is available.

I wouldn't mind playing if you guys have an opening on a single day. Unfortunately I can't do both.
I think there is an opening on one of the days, fup. MSEASU is only going to be able to make one day, also.

Edit: Looks like MSEASU is playing Saturday. Sunday slot wide open for you, brother! (y)

I am watching this thread with a lot of envy! I absolutely love Tucson golf, can’t wait to get back out there. I will give you guys a heads up to see if anyone is available.
Definitely let us know when you might be out this way. I'm sure there will be some of us here that would join you...

Back