Unofficial Madison Wisconsin Area August 3 2016

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I'm going to be in the Madison area again this year, I'm hoping to get some guys together to play, there have been a few courses discussed, we can continue that discussion and let me know if you're in or a maybe!

When:
August 3rd
8 am The Links
1:30 pm The Woodlands
3 times each

Course:
Lawsonia - $110 all day w/cart
http://lawsonia.com/golf/rates/

8am Links
Icey
Girardcorp
Nighthawk
Bluegold

sgbani
BamBooBender
blakehall
ezellmer

130pm Woods
Icey
Bluegold
blakehall

sgbani
BamBooBender
Girardcorp
Nighthawk

Maybe
MSH134
Dhart
jfone
myndcraft

Last edited:
Same time as THP HandCraftedExperience.
Have fun gents, should be great weather.

I knew that date sounded familiar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time off request had been submitted to the boss.... Ha

Put me down as a maybe for this please. I should still be in the area. Maybe by that time my golf game will be less sucky.

I could probably make this work. I've golfed The Oaks a handful of times over the last few years. U Ridge is on my list of courses to play this year. Never played Bergamont.

I actually was paired with a Bergamont employee at the Oaks a few weeks ago and he said the new pro there is pushing to make that course completely private. So I'm not sure if that makes it harder to get in there this year or not. Just throwing it out there.

Same time as THP HandCraftedExperience.
Have fun gents, should be great weather.
Yeah, I figured after that list had been finalized this could be then as well! Wish I could throw my hat in the ring, just have to be in WI that week.

Bergamot would be $60+tax

University - $69 or $84

The Oaks is $39 now, who knows what it would be by then!

Having played the Oaks, it's only ok.

I'd be OK with U Ridge. Definitely hear good things from all around here who've played it.

Put me down as a maybe.

I lived in Madison for 15 years, so I'll also reach out to some of my friends to see if anyone I know is still a member at a couple of the CCs in town.

I'd also add that one of my favorite (cheap) fun but semi-tricky course in the area is The Bridges: http://www.golfthebridges.com/

I've played in leagues at Bridges, and the Oaks, played U Ridge hundreds of times in college. If you have any questions about particular courses in the area feel free to ask away.

It'll be a couple of months before I know what's going on for that date, but there is a good chance I can make it work.

Put me down as a maybe for this please. I should still be in the area. Maybe by that time my golf game will be less sucky.

If your golf game is less sucky, then you wouldn't fit in very well... Most of us know how to play sucky golf pretty dang well. :D

I'd also add that one of my favorite (cheap) fun but semi-tricky course in the area is The Bridges: http://www.golfthebridges.com/

I've played in leagues at Bridges, and the Oaks, played U Ridge hundreds of times in college. If you have any questions about particular courses in the area feel free to ask away.
I played that last year, nice track for sure.

Curious does anyone know much about Hawks Landing? Just down the road from University Ridge. I've heard good things from coworkers but I've never played there.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I haven't played there, but also heard good things.

I'd put that near the top of my own personal list of places to play, selfishly because I haven't played there yet.

I am a maybe as well. I went to school in Madison, so it would be nice to get back there and hook up with some THPers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am a maybe too right now. I don't know if I'll be able to get that Wednesday off with how some projects at work are looking.

Curious does anyone know much about Hawks Landing? Just down the road from University Ridge. I've heard good things from coworkers but I've never played there.

They have sponsored guest rates!

Sounds like I will need a day off in the middle of the week

The course looks nice, but their CS left something to be desired!!!

University ftw. Wish I had connections to local CC. I hear they have nice ones down there.
University Ridge said they'd do a cart fee of $25 for replay.

The Oaks is booked with an event

Back