UnOfficial Nor Cal/So Cal Get-Together Thread

Wonton

Sphincter says what?
Reaction score
Handicap
# Ish
norso_zpsqzngct0k.png

Hello, Californians!
This is an Unofficial NorCal/SoCal thread. The purpose of this thread is to organize get-togethers for friendly/fun rounds of golf. Since this is unofficial, there will be NO prizes and what-not. Strictly FUN!
This is a huge State. I know that most of us will have to drive/fly a long way to meet so it will take time and good planning to make these get-togethers happen. Please feel free to pitch some ideas to when/where we should meet up.

Get-Together 2015: Completed - Team SoCal is the Victor!

Last edited:
Some of us talked about golfing around Paso Robles/SLO. Specifically Hunter Ranch/Monarch Dunes.
I think it's a great idea since it's really in the middle for us people coming from the Bay/LA area. Roughly 205 miles from SF to Paso/LA to Paso.
I'm a single guy with no GF nor kids so my schedule is wide open (of course on weekends) so I'm down to play, August/Sept/Oct/Nov... whenever.

Thanks for starting this thread Wonton. I'm looking forward to teeing it up with our SoCal neighbors.

As you mentioned, the size of the state as well as how spread out we are within it will definitely require plenty of advance planning to set up these events.

Amazingly there are still 3 more THP events in SoCal this year and 2 of which have not even had sign ups yet.

Paso Robles sounds nice. I've never been there before. I heard they have great wine down there too! I'm excited to rep Nor Cal in this potential battle.

Amazingly there are still 3 more THP events in SoCal this year and 2 of which have not even had sign ups yet.

We are definitely more excited for the SoCal official THP events too! I can't wait to submit my entry!

We are definitely more excited for the SoCal official THP events too! I can't wait to submit my entry!

Well one of them already had signups (Project X) and takes place in a few weeks.
Up & Down w/ Cleveland Golf coming up.
The King already happened
The Grandaddy coming up.

The Grandaddy would be a dream! Well... hopefully not a dream but a reality!

Well one of them already had signups (Project X) and takes place in a few weeks.
The Grandaddy coming up.
2015 has been a great year for Cali.

The King was fun to follow even though Harry won. I missed the cut on Project X. Unfortunately, I can't swing The Grandaddy this year but I'm hoping to attend Up & Down with Cleveland Golf.

Paso would be a great middle grounds with a lot more to do than golf if we made it a "couples thing" or even if it were just a golfing weekend there are some beautiful courses that wouldn't break the bank. We could do a one or two day thing. I'm willing to help you guys organize, research or whatever you need. Avila beach, Santa Maria, Morro Bay and Paso all have some beautiful courses we could choose from.

The Grandaddy coming up.

Looking forward to the opportunity to attend both and hopefully actually attending at least one!

Paso would be a great middle grounds with a lot more to do than golf if we made it a "couples thing" or even if it were just a golfing weekend there are some beautiful courses that wouldn't break the bank. We could do a one or two day thing. I'm willing to help you guys organize, research or whatever you need. Avila beach, Santa Maria, Morro Bay and Paso all have some beautiful courses we could choose from.

Cool! Thanks! I think this will be an ongoing thing. Though, it would be tough for people to do this multiple times a year.
This thread is also for people whom are in areas they're not familiar with. i.e. If I wanted to play in Northern Cal, I'd come in here and ask if anyone wants to play.

No significant others! Just the fellas!:drinks:

No significant others! Just the fellas!:drinks:

It could definitely be for couples too. Since Paso has nice wineries, why not? We can all golf in the mornings and they can do whatever they want with their free time.
For me, I'd play golf with you guys and go to the Firestone Brewery!

I'm around 4+ hours (no traffic) from Paso so I'm pretty much limited to later morning tee times.

A two day event was initially proposed in the NorCal thread. What are the lodging options in the area? I haven't been through there in a few years, but King City didn't seem like a place to hang out after dark.

I'm around 4+ hours (no traffic) from Paso so I'm pretty much limited to later morning tee times.

A two day event was initially proposed in the NorCal thread. What are the lodging options in the area? I haven't been through there in a few years, but King City didn't seem like a place to hang out after dark.

Yeah I think the 2 day would be a better idea. I'd hate to drive all the way up there just to leave the next day.

~Here's the list of some hotels. They're partnered with Hunter Ranch and have package deals.

The Oaks Hotel is the newest addition to the timeless city of Paso Robles. The Oaks Hotel is the ultimate choice when looking for an elegant and relaxing accommodation while planning a visit to this beautiful wine country. Beyond our luxurious rooms and suites are generous amenities including a pool and jacuzzi, 24-hour fitness room, full bar, and our Indulge Restaurant offering a complimentary full hot breakfast buffet and superb evening dining. Hunter Ranch members and guests receive a special discount - please call 805.237.8700 for more information.

La Quinta Inn & Suites, The La Quinta Inn & Suites Paso Robles is conveniently located just 3 miles from Hunter Ranch Golf Course, in the heart of the Central Coast Wine Country. The La Quinta Inn & Suites is a newly opened, boutique style hotel with a Wine Country flare that offers luxurious accommodations and modern amenities to ensure your comfort. Stay and experience our complimentary full hot breakfast each morning and our gourmet wine and cheese reception weekday evenings.
High Ridge Manor Bed & Breakfast offers magnificent views, tastefully appointed living quarters with oversized whirlpool tubs in every room. Enjoy the best views in Paso Robles from every room! We offer guest only, limousine service, gourmet meals and an elegant dining experience for all guests.

Chanticleer Vineyard Bed & Breakfast Breathe in relaxation as you enter Chanticleer Vineyard Bed & Breakfast. Well situated off Hwy 46 West and minutes from downtown Paso Robles, this boutique three room B&B has it all. Chanticleer combines a vineyard setting, luxurious rooms, and an exceptional breakfast that you can enjoy in unpretentious comfort, with thoughtful attention to detail with a touch of country charm.

The Hampton Inn & Suites
of Paso Robles is located at the junction of Highways 101 and 46 West. Nestled at the gateway between Wine and Castle Country, the Hampton Inn & Suites is elegantly appointed with an upscale Mediterranean flare.

Welcome to the Paso Robles Inn and the Paso Robles wine country. The historic Paso Robles hotel, conveniently located in the middle of the Central Coast, has been a premier location for California getaways for over a century.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
is located across the street from the Paso Robles Event Center, just minutes from charming Downtown Paso Robles, antique shops, and Paso Robles Wineries. Experience a relaxing hotel retreat where hospitality and guest service is an art.

The Best Western Black Oak Motor Lodge is located at the junction of Highway 101 and 46 East, in the central California coastal valley town of Paso Robles. Wine tasting, lakes, and endless country roads await your stay, not to mention the breathtaking 45 minute drive to the world famous Hearst Castle.

Sea Pines Golf Resort
, located in the heart of the Central Coast, provides the perfect "home base" for your next golf getaway vacation. Sea Pines in located at the southern tip of Morro Bay and is bordered by ocean dunes, bay views, picturesque Montana de Oro State Park and the charming villages of Los Osos and Baywood Park. It is only minutes from hiking, horseback riding, kayaking, surfing, sport fishing and whale watching; and just a short drive to Hearst Castle, miles of beaches, the Central Coast's famous wine country and shopping in historic San Luis Obispo.

Hotel Cheval
, Paso Robles' finest boutique luxury hotel, located in the heart of Downtown. Situated in California's prized Central Coast food and wine region, the sophisticated and intimate Hotel Cheval offers well-traveled guests an experience unlike any other in the area. Hotel Cheval features exceptional, personalized service amidst thoughtfully designed and refined accommodations.

La Bellaserra Hotel and Suites, "Elegance and Comfort in Paso Robles Wine Country"
La Bellasera Hotel & Suites is a peaceful retreat set in the beauty of Paso Robles wine country, on the Central Coast , where you can relax in comfort and elegance. Influenced by a blend of Mediterranean and Italian architecture the hotel offers 60 impeccable guest rooms and suites that reflect the area’s relaxed heritage and beauty.
Indulge in the Enoteca Restaurant and Lounge, featuring up-scale American cuisine. Enjoy our contemporary offerings perfectly paired with award winning Paso Robles wines. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Spa La Bellasera provides a chance to slip away and indulge in luxurious spa treatments. Whether you enjoy an ancient warm stone massage or peaceful vineyard aroma massage, we offer relaxation and wellness for all of our guests. Treatments are available in your guest room or our Spa Room. Our well equipped Fitness Center is ready for guests 24 hours a day.

SpringHill Suites by Marriott
, a 130 all-suite hotel infused with stylish spaces, inspiring design and seamless functionality. Work or relax with complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast offering fresh, hot and healthy options. Quite simply, from business trips to leisurely journeys, SpringHill Suites is a breath of fresh air. For more information visit www.marriott.com/sbpsh or call (805)462-3500.

http://www.hunterranchgolf.com/golf-course/golf-packages

edit: Wonton beat me too it! Here's the link to what he provided.

thanks, that is quite a lot of options!

I am fully on board and can make it work in October for sure.

So it's safe to say, we're shooting for October?
I haven't heard anything from my So Cal crew... I guess I'll be the only representative.

I haven't heard anything from my So Cal crew... I guess I'll be the only representative.

Typical So Cal :banghead:

Personally, October would be best for me, but if the majority wants it at a different time then by all means do that. Also, to get stay & play together for 8+ guys (I am hoping we can scrape together more than that) is going to require at least a bit of lead time for most people on this board. But again, let's get some feedback from others before we start booking anything. I know Steve (theHeez) was checking with some courses already, so will wait to see what he reports back.

Personally, October would be best for me, but if the majority wants it at a different time then by all means do that. Also, to get stay & play together for 8+ guys (I am hoping we can scrape together more than that) is going to require at least a bit of lead time for most people on this board. But again, let's get some feedback from others before we start booking anything. I know Steve (theHeez) was checking with some courses already, so will wait to see what he reports back.

Agreed!

And it doesn't have to be Nor Cal vs. So Cal. I'm just looking to hang out with a big group and represent California in general. Although, it would be fun to poke fun at some Sharks fans... :bulgy-eyes: GKG!

Back