UnOfficial Nor Cal/So Cal Get-Together Thread

Just finished the front 9, matches are as follows:

Mancest up 5.5 to Radrob 3.5

ASN21 up 5 to Jared 4.

ASN21 is putting like a CHAMPION! Drained to 40+ fters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b817c12d78a1f07eb416bc706c90f9f1.jpg

Second group finishing up. Looks like the bad guys are gonna win.

Well that was a heck of a couple days! Congratulations to Team SoCal on the hard earned win. Can't wait to write up a recap. Thank you to everyone for traveling to my stomping grounds. The courses were great and I had a blast!

Great times, only regret is I didn't update this thread more. The game book app is pretty cool, but it took up my time in between holes...

Sadly for us in the Northern part of the state here is a couple pics of schanker getting the bombass trophy:

2796b7864320d1596a3521d88d31ab81.jpg

346fe588a9e48672eced6fe4b661a907.jpg

Nice win by the SoCal boys, but we are ready to do it again next year!

Maybe in the spring of 2016?

The next outing can't come soon enough. I had so much fun these past two days.

Yeah, I think it's time to start planning for the next one!

I definitely need to come to this next one! Looked like it was a blast!

What, if anything, would you guys change for the next time? Looks like you all had a great time!

I definitely need to come to this next one! Looked like it was a blast!

It was, hopefully you and the others can make it out next time.

What, if anything, would you guys change for the next time? Looks like you all had a great time!

I think everyone had a blast. I am not sure what I would change as it was pretty great. I am hoping to see some new faces next time alongside the folks I met this weekend. It would be great to have a large group of 16 or 20 people.

I wouldn't mind seeing it alternate between Pismo and the Monterey area. Also I would like to see it moved into the April or May time frame.

I've been thinking about this as I'm working on my recap post. One thing we need to do a better job of is photo's and posting during the round. I'm terrible about it. Once, I'm out on the golf course I rarely pick up my phone. Normally, I think that's a good habit, but I feel bad not sharing on THP so others can follow along that want to. Maybe we need to find a west coast Wardy to hire for posting and picture taking during the round.

I would like to expand the field a little bit for the next one. I think 8 vs 8 would be a good number.

I've been thinking about this as I'm working on my recap post. One thing we need to do a better job of is photo's and posting during the round. I'm terrible about it. Once, I'm out on the golf course I rarely pick up my phone. Normally, I think that's a good habit, but I feel bad not sharing on THP so others can follow along that want to. Maybe we need to find a west coast Wardy to hire for posting and picture taking during the round.

I would like to expand the field a little bit for the next one. I think 8 vs 8 would be a good number.

Can't agree more. I had my phone out, but was just updating the scoring and otherwise was more worried about trying to win (which I failed at Sunday). 8 vs 8 would be pretty cool and I think April/early May might be a good time frame.

The biggest thing I would change though... is the NorCal team playing a lot better (myself in particular). Monterey is a little closer for me, but I would definitely do it down there again with no hesitation.

Sure missed you guys. Old chemo drug stopped working so now I have to go in twice a week for the new drug and it's wreaking a little havoc with the body and the schedule. Game has been suffering.

Allen

Some things are more important than golf. We sure missed you, but hopefully the new drug is working and keeps you playing for a long time.

Sure missed you guys. Old chemo drug stopped working so now I have to go in twice a week for the new drug and it's wreaking a little havoc with the body and the schedule. Game has been suffering.

Allen

Allen

I'll be thinking about you Allen. Definitely missed you this weekend. Take 'er easy and we will hope to see you at the next gathering!

Alright guys, I'm really sorry about not writing up a recap, its been a crazy couple weeks! I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of you guys for making the trek to the central coast. I think its safe to say that everyone had a blast! As you recall, I took a picture of everyone's tee shot on #1 at Hunter Ranch (plus one of RadRob on #10, mid kicking our ass!) and a couple others.

Lobwood

Schanker

mancest - Pink balls make for straight drives!

sjfoltz

time4tim

ASN21

Jared

Josh

RadRob - bringing the pain!

Wonton

DufferToo

Surrounded by vineyards - Hunter Ranch

RadRob preparing to launch on #10

Awesome Steven! I think I need to pick up some more of those Pink balls, that was probably the best drive I hit all weekend.

Well I guess it's obvious by that pose that I had my knuckleball working. :dohanim: Thank goodness for an elevated tee box and a ton of roll.

It was a great weekend of golf, with a great group of guys. I'm really looking forward to our next outing.

I'm coming down to pick up my son from calpoly on the 24th, anybody want to play? Let me know, we can play hunter or another course if you want.

Ken

Thanks for taking pictures, Steven. I made sure you didn't get left out...
IMG_2172_zpszgc9ubfq.jpg

looks like good times. i'll be on the lookout for the next one.

Picked up the engraved trophy tonight. Turned out pretty well. Lots more room though for next years group. Would like to fill up all 4 sides.
3fe5dfc54a5bdb54f3c7ca47037d87c6.jpg
c9cda1f15c8b7ae308d9f349c8a230e3.jpg

This event was a lot of fun. Thank you everyone for making it happen. Stephen, you did a lot of the planning and I appreciate your effort. For those of you that traveled a long distance thanks for making it happen. It's a big commitment to travel 5 or 6 hours.

It was great to meet some new friends and catch up with some old ones. The competition was friendly, the golf was great and of course the weather was perfect. Hopefully we can continue this and start planning the next one, get a few more new faces out there and keep it growing year after year.

CONGRATS TO SoCal! We'll be back to defend our title!

Back