Unwanted hole in one?

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
I play a fair bit of golf on my own as I prefer to practice as I play. I dread getting a hole in one while playing alone and at times have said , "Get away from that hole!". Lol. I prayed last night and hutt a great 5iron to inches and my heart just about stopped!
I imagine if someone saw me or heard me they'd think I was nuts (they might not be wrong).
Anyone else do anything similar to this or feel the same about an ace playing alone?

Hell no. I want a hole in one on every par three I play, alone or with a group.

Absolutely not. I don't care if I'm playing alone or with a group, I want a hole in one on every par 3 I play.

Yeah, I'm one to want it any time I can get it. I wouldn't care if I was alone or with others.

Even though I would still take it, I know what you mean. I holed out for eagle on a par 4 last year while playing by myself. There wasn't even anybody on the neighboring holes to see it, so it was a bit anticlimactic. It was still a great feeling though watching the ball drop in the hole!

The only time I didn't want a hole in one was during the Bridgestone Championship here in Vegas. 40 + drinkers to buy a round for? That would have been expensive.

Hole in One is a Hole in One. Lie detector test, video. No way in heck I would discourage a Hole in One.

Um... No... Yes I do think you're nuts!!!! I would want a hole in one on every hole that I could reach in one shot. I just hope I get one before I die. :D

I guess part of why I don't want one playing alone is that when you tell people you've had one but were playing alone, people would be like "Sure you did bubba, sure........."
At least playing with someone there's a witness, lol

Hell no. I want a hole in one on every par three I play, alone or with a group.

Same. I know what my score is, and it doesn't matter who else is there.

I guess part of why I don't want one playing alone is that when you tell people you've had one but were playing alone, people would be like "Sure you did bubba, sure........."
At least playing with someone there's a witness, lol

If they don't believe you, eff 'em! I don't care if they believe me or not, I would know I did it! Check out this thread: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...in-one-and-no-one-sees-it-does-it-still-count

Or, this series of post starting with this one: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...n-One-Thread&p=1336868&viewfull=1#post1336868

And the video: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ideo-Edition&p=1336872&viewfull=1#post1336872

Not really a HOTD, but pretty exciting to me.

This thread can't be real...

I've almost had one twice, once when I was 19, which would have been great...soda's on the house!

The other time I was playing alone, and I can kinda see what you're saying to a degree. As I was walking up to the hole (i couldn't see my ball, thought it was in), I was thinking about as cool as a hole in one would have been, i'd hate to "waste" it when no one was around to witness/attest to it.

Alas, in both cases no hole in one...and witness and round on the house be damned, I'd love to get one. Hell, I hope I get one every round in Orlando in April. It would no doubt be expensive as hell...but would be the best tasting drinks ever.

I'll take a hole in one any way I can get it. It would be a lot better with people around but I would take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never even been close...I'll take one any way I can.

I would take one absolutely anyway I can get it. Alone, with friends, whatever...

No such thing as an unwanted hole in one for me. I want to ace every par 3 I play as others have said. I don't need someone to see it if I ever hit another one. I know it went in on one swing and that's all that matters.

I get you and have felt the same thing. Who is going to believe I had a hole in one if nobody is around to see it? I totally feel the same way. Not that I don't want one, for me I just want people there to attest to the fact that I had one!

I get you and have felt the same thing. Who is going to believe I had a hole in one if nobody is around to see it? I totally feel the same way. Not that I don't want one, for me I just want people there to attest to the fact that I had one!

The people who I would want to believe me would believe me. I don't care if anyone else believes me or not.

I agree somewhat as I also play alone a lot. How do you explain it. But at the same time you need to know the person, if he is a habitual liar then it's a good chance it didn't happen. If the person is honest it probably happened. Shoot you might get that person in your group that makes it unenjoyable anyways. I had that with an eagle. I holed out from 100ish yards and a person in our group made sure to tell me on the next tee that it's not a real eagle because were were playing alternate shot.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I would still want one. I have been playing for 40 years and am still waiting for one.

If I have money in my pocket I don't care, if I'm broke that day, no I don't want one. If I'm by myself or with only 1 or 2 guys sure, a huge group f that. Good thing is I have a standing bet with 2 friends, next one of us to get a HIO person gets $100 from the other two, help offset drinks.

I hit a hole in one last Wednesday, on a par4.. Playing alone.

It's really bad that I was playing alone as some are that jealous they're telling me they don't believe me. That's one half I hate about it, the other is I don't have "that guy" that was with me when it happened, that I can share this with. That can tell me about that one hole in one 30 years from now.

I hit a hole in one last Wednesday, on a par4.. Playing alone.

It's really bad that I was playing alone as some are that jealous they're telling me they don't believe me. That's one half I hate about it, the other is I don't have "that guy" that was with me when it happened, that I can share this with. That can tell me about that one hole in one 30 years from now.

That is the only downside. But would you rather have gotten the hole in one, or not gotten it? No ifs ands or buts, straight up. Do you wish you hadn't gotten it? Yes or no! My answer would always be no!

Back