Unwanted hole in one?

I had one playing alone about 15 years ago. 215 yards to pin from the tips and it was all carry over water to the green. Hit a beautiful high 4 wood that took one bounce as far as I could tell then heard it hit the bottom of the club stick and the ball disappeared. Was an awesome feeling initially then an empty feeling soon followed after I realized nobody was there to see it but me.

The people who I would want to believe me would believe me. I don't care if anyone else believes me or not.

I don't believe you.

:laughing:

That is the only downside. But would you rather have gotten the hole in one, or not gotten it? No ifs ands or buts, straight up. Do you wish you hadn't gotten it? Yes or no! My answer would always be no!

Depends if you're ridiculously superstitious like I am, and think you "used up" one of your allotted lifetime hole in ones....

I had one playing alone about 15 years ago. 215 yards to pin from the tips and it was all carry over water to the green. Hit a beautiful high 4 wood that took one bounce as far as I could tell then heard it hit the bottom of the club stick and the ball disappeared. Was an awesome feeling initially then an empty feeling soon followed after I realized nobody was there to see it but me.

Ive never had one and I'll take one either way, but I see what you mean... At least you didn't have to buy a lot of drinks.

Good point but I think it would be certainly worth it! I hope to repeat the feat someday but with at least one witness next time...

I play a fair bit of golf on my own as I prefer to practice as I play. I dread getting a hole in one while playing alone and at times have said , "Get away from that hole!". Lol. I prayed last night and hutt a great 5iron to inches and my heart just about stopped!
I imagine if someone saw me or heard me they'd think I was nuts (they might not be wrong).
Anyone else do anything similar to this or feel the same about an ace playing alone?

Who cares whether someone's there for validation. A hole in one will be very personal if I ever achieve one. While I'd love to have friends and family with me, I'll never cheer for the ball to go anywhere but in the cup

Depends if you're ridiculously superstitious like I am, and think you "used up" one of your allotted lifetime hole in ones....

I've been golfing for 35 some odd years. I'll take it whenever (if ever) it comes!

I wouldn't mind a hole in one weather I was alone or not. But I don't know if I could brag about it to my buddies if I was alone.

If they don't believe you, eff 'em! I don't care if they believe me or not, I would know I did it! Check out this thread: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...in-one-and-no-one-sees-it-does-it-still-count

Or, this series of post starting with this one: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...n-One-Thread&p=1336868&viewfull=1#post1336868

And the video: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ideo-Edition&p=1336872&viewfull=1#post1336872

This is my exact plan if I ever get a hole in one by myself, video of me walking from tee to green. For me like others I want a hole in one on any par three regardless of who is there to see it.

I want one, alone or not, don't care. I've come so close a few times, inches away....I just want one before the good Lord up there calls me home. Even if he's my only witness!

From the mini-computer!

I don't care if I'm playing with a group or whether I'm the only one on the entire course, I want one. Period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't want one playing alone and I want to be able to see it drop. My 2 biggest fears

Um... No... Yes I do think you're nuts!!!! I would want a hole in one on every hole that I could reach in one shot. I just hope I get one before I die. :D

I was thinking the same thing, I had my first in the cup to come out this summer.

I want one anyway I can get it, after all it's a personal accomplishment. And I figure once I get one they'll be easier to get from then on :D

I used to not want one when playing alone but now that I am 66 I would take one any time it fell. Never had one but people who know me would know for a fact it is true, if I was going to lie about having one I certainly would not have waited this long. :smile:

I'd rather be with somebody, but I'm not going to be too picky. It was very cool to be there when dhartmann hit his in October. That's why I'd like to have somebody there. It was very cool to get to share it with him. Lots of high fives and and we were able to take some pics for him.

I never want one, it is tradition on the one course to buy everyone on the course/ in the clubhouse a beverage, also the witnesses a steak dinner.

That can get really really expensive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'd prefer to get one with people in my group, but that doesn't mean if I did it playing alone it would be unwanted.

I would prefer to have someone there when and if I actually do it, but I wouldn't complain if I got a hole in one while playing a round by myself. They are such a rare feat that I would take one any time it came.

I've had one while playing alone and one while playing with a group in my club championship and I was just as excited about both of them.
It was quite fun having people around to celebrate with, but my first was hit while playing alone, and it was awesome just to be able to sort of sit back and soak in the moment.

Thanks for posting mine Smally, it was fun to watch again, lol. I won't lie, I was pretty disappointed in the video that I was alone when mine came that day, yet still very happy Iit finally happened. regaurdless what anyone thinks, I will always know I hit that shot, now its time to do another with a friends or two.

The prior year to that, I hit one in the hole on the fly, but popped back out of the hole and was by myself that day as well, guess it was destiny, haha.

I wouldn't want to hit a hole in one if I was out with a large group of friends or THP'ers. Bar tab would be a bit too high for my liking. Call me selfish but that's my thinking......

If you make a good golf shot, you have to accept the result.

The course I was a member at previously, if you hit one during one of their tournaments, they would run your bar tab up tremendously. That's the only time I would hope I didn't get one.

Back