US Open Winner: Bryson DeChambeau WITB

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Bryson DeChambeau captured his first major of his career in dominating fashion picking up the win at the US Open finishing at -6. With his unique equipment thoughts and ways around the course, the young man is quickly becoming one of the most dominating players in the game.

Winged Foot presented an incredibly challenging backdrop, with DeChambeau being the only player under par on Sunday and for the tournament as a whole. Here is a look at the tools he had in his bag for the win.

Driver: Cobra KING Speedzone with LA Golf BAD Prototype 60 TX shaft
FW Woods: Cobra KING Speedzone Tour 3 and 5 wood with LA Golf BAD Prototype 70 and 80 shafts.
Irons: Cobra KING Speedzone One Length 4,5 and Forged Tour One Length 6-PW with LA Golf Rebar Proto Shafts
Wedges: Artisan Prototype 47, 52 and 58 degrees with LA Golf Rebar Proto Shafts
Putter: SIK Prototype with LA Golf
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B BX

1.jpg

Continue reading...

Happy to see it!

Fun setup that works for him and could work for plenty of others if fitted correctly.

I think this cements Bryson as the best male player in the Cobra/Puma Golf stable.

• Admin
Surprised his wedges are not Cobra...

Fun setup that works for him and could work for plenty of others if fitted correctly.

I think this cements Bryson as the best male player in the Cobra/Puma Golf stable.
Yeah it’s a bit surprising but than again not. I could learn something here.

• Admin
Surprised his wedges are not Cobra...

They were previously. He made note earlier that they were spinning “too much” around the green, so he wanted to make a change.

Nice that's pretty cool, always wondered if you would see some of the shorter pros playing GI's to catch up. Wasn't expecting to see them in Brysons bag.

I'm happy to see him win. At age 27 with his power and finishing 3rd in scrambling for the week, I'd be shocked if he didn't win a few more majors.

I wonder what his victory will do for the sales volume of one length irons.

I'm happy to see him win. At age 27 with his power and finishing 3rd in scrambling for the week, I'd be shocked if he didn't win a few more majors.

I wonder what his victory will do for the sales volume of one length irons.
I wonder which of his OEM’s benefit most from his W.

Love that all his shafts are custom.

Say what you want about the young man, but what he did over the last 4 days was transforming.

To what extent, we'll see.

Just keeps doing it his own way. I love watching that.

The bag setup is interesting. I thought I saw a speedzone iron a couple days ago.

Just keeps doing it his own way. I love watching that.

The bag setup is interesting. I thought I saw a speedzone iron a couple days ago.

Its listed in the first post.

Had no idea his inspiration for the one length clubs came from Bobby Jones. But wasn't he about 5'2"? :unsure::ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't change to OL at this stage, but I love the fact he has GI in the top end of the bag.
Henrik Stenson comes to mind as another long hitter who played kinda GI style Japanese Callaways.

Not playing Cobra wedges is interesting. Thought he was an “all in” guy for his brand

Good for him... I suspect that there will be a few more majors down the road.

Glad to see a guy who bucks the norm of pro golf be successful!

That driver grip looks huge.

Fascinating player, unique equipment. BTW, you forgot a key part of his WITB: ;)

View attachment 8964505

We all saw him drinking one of these on the last few holes today!

Had no idea his inspiration for the one length clubs came from Bobby Jones. But wasn't he about 5'2"? :unsure::ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't change to OL at this stage, but I love the fact he has GI in the top end of the bag.
Henrik Stenson comes to mind as another long hitter who played kinda GI style Japanese Callaways.

I didn't either until one of the commentators mentioned it. And, according to Wikipedia, Bobby Jones was 5'8". Bryson is 6'1" but appears to be taller. I had my doubts as to whether his "bomb and gouge" style of playing would work at Winged Foot, but his logic was sound. Everybody was going to have trouble hitting fairways. That being the case, why not be as close to the the green as you can, so you can hit a shorter club for your approach?

Think about it. B.A.D. was a physics major in college. That's a tough row to hoe! He understood algebra at 6 years old! This is a smart dude! He has figured stuff out for himself, along with some associates, and decided to have faith in that method. Good for him!

Back