UST Mamiya Elements Helium Shaft Review Thread

Had this in play last night and wowza I was crushing it. Had a 284 yd drive on the first hole and 265 yd drive tight down the pipe on the the Par 5 5th hole. And had a 246 yd carry into the fwy bunker on 9. Best performance I've seen out of this since I've gotten it on course. Such a fantastic shaft

Had a new experiment that i tested out this morning

14a3a74411944b6da93d3ad67da98f7e.jpg

Absolutely loved it, felt like the f6+ head and this shaft are a match made in heaven.

Was seeing similar launch to my old gamer but the distance was better and i was just getting this shaft around and seeing some fantastic contact

8aaaa1f728e66685389a78a6485136e1.jpg

I had my Helium in my new XR16 head..... oh man was it ever good. Went with it straight to league, with no swings with it at all, and hit the longest straightest drives I have had all year!!!

Nice updates, OITW and braddman! Love hearing about THPers' success with new equipment!

I'm playing 36 more holes so i'll have more thoughts after this weekend,

But twice, not once but twice I smoked my driver one was a low spin knuckleball and the other was a push fade and both hit the bunker...

And rolled THRU IT! Monster combination here.

I'll be playing the Helium tomorrow with XR 16. Looking forward to it!

I want nay, I NEED this in my 2h.

this pairing with the F6+ is sooooooo good, when I have my swing working, it's a clear improvement over my bio cell even on mishits, but the launch is sooo nice and just the feel in hand with the heavier head is superb.

Hit my best longest drive of the year with this shaft and head combo 275 yds (and not one of those crazy all down hill ones) love this shaft

I've played this shaft in my 816 DBD the past couple of weeks and I am liking what I have seen. I am playing the shaft a bit longer than my diamana, but I am still able to find close to the center consistently. The thing this shaft has done for me is eliminate the left side of the course, smother hooks excepted. While I'm hitting probably the same number of fairways as I had before, eliminating one side of the course has been a welcome change. Distance has been phenominal, and launch is higher.

I've played this shaft in my 816 DBD the past couple of weeks and I am liking what I have seen. I am playing the shaft a bit longer than my diamana, but I am still able to find close to the center consistently. The thing this shaft has done for me is eliminate the left side of the course, smother hooks excepted. While I'm hitting probably the same number of fairways as I had before, eliminating one side of the course has been a welcome change. Distance has been phenominal, and launch is higher.

Glad to see you are getting some success with the Helium, captain! I think I'm going to try my custom Helium in the GBB again this weekend, and I'm looking forward to it.

1.5 rounds with the helium in an m2. This is the first shaft that I feel like I can be smooth and controlled with and get really good results and also can go at it and as long as I don't come out if the swing it performs just as well.

im used to playing 68-69g shafts and had a few 62g including the hzrdus yellow to help with tempo and for a 59g shaft it's very stable. I feel like I have complete control over the shaft and head in my swing.

I told Danny yesterday while playing it's the best shaft I have played for my swing and I have no issues with weight or stability.

Got this baby back yesterday in time for my morning round. She's a beauty!

IMG_0214_zpsgnxmmwiq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0213_zpszc0hwctk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Took it directly to the first tee with no warm up or range time. When I unsheathed it, there were quite a few comments from the guys about how striking it looked. The combination with the M1 and THP Green grip does make a pretty picture. My first swing with it was anything but pretty, however, and wasn't unexpected with virtually no warm up at all. I somewhat smothered it and figured the ball was going to end up short and left into some of the nastiest rough on our course. The ball somehow found the fairway, albeit, well left of center, but a lot longer than I expected. I went on to hit all seven fairways on the front. Distance was about normal, which was a little disappointing until I realized there were two factors that played into that: we had 4 1/2 inches of rain overnight, and I was swinging a little tentatively. Add that I noticed the launch angle and trajectory with the Helium is much lower and more boring than my normal, so, perhaps I was getting a little less carry and, of course, virtually no roll out due to the soft conditions.

On ten, I decided to get a little more aggressive with my swing, and, wow, was I surprised. The stability of this shaft in regular flex at 43g is truly remarkable. This shaft is 20g lighter than my previous gamer in this head, and, for me, seems way more stable on aggressive swings. The boring, slightly lower flight was still there, but, I was surprised that the accuracy was as well, given that I was really getting after it. I missed only one fairway on the back and it was in the first cut of rough. Even better, my distance was much better despite the conditions. I know this is just one round, and it's early in the honeymoon phase, but, man, was I giddy with excitement all day. I can't play again until Tuesday, but, can't wait see what round 2 will be like.

I added 23g weight to my F6+ head and have it set to towering.

I think this helps the pairing with this shaft and the head. I've seen higher trajectory and my distance has been more consistent in the 250/260 range.

This is the best driver shaft I'ver gamed. Combination of weight stiffness and launch IMO

Another round in with this shaft yesterday and one coming tomorrow. It's the lightest shaft I have played in awhile and the best control I'm seeing with driver and 3w.

This paired with m2 is a great fit for me.

Good to hear emart! Kind of fun seeing these results with many different people here.

Oh and btw, the Elements Platinum just became a major winner on tour!

Good to hear emart! Kind of fun seeing these results with many different people here.

Oh and btw, the Elements Platinum just became a major winner on tour!

Not just a win but a major. It's cool to see this shaft work for different swings and drivers

Not just a win but a major. It's cool to see this shaft work for different swings and drivers
Can't wait till I get mine back to test it in the new M2 I got from you!!!

Today was my second round with the Helium in my M1 driver, and it was very much like the first. Missed only 2 fairways and they were both just barely off. I generally do hit a lot of fairways, but, heretofore, it has been with a very controlled, moderate swing, with some sacrifice of distance. Any time I'd really get after one, the results would be predictably bad. Not so with this shaft. It amazes me how it holds up to aggressive swings. My dispersion has improved, and my distance is up a bit--not by tons, but noticeably. One of my misses today, although only 2 feet off the fairway, cost me big time, because I ended up stymied behind a massive live oak tree. Now, I've hit my drive on that same line countless times and never been far enough to get behind that darned tree. I'll have to rethink my aim point on that hole.

Tomorrow is "Dog Fight" day. Can't wait!

I still need to find one of these in stiff around me to give it a swing, I enjoyed the feel of the R, just a bit weak for me. The lightweight really intrigued and still does intrigue me on it!

What weight is everyone using. The 49 seems really light since I usually am 65 weight area, but there is one on ebay that is 49 stiff

I believe mine is 59g in regular (F3).

I have a 49 gram one and it works great for me. I'll probably get the 57 gram one for my 3 wood.

Back