UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

I have been thinking about these shafts as I continue to consider going one length (or really two length) again this year. If I were to do it, would I just buy the necessary number of 7 iron shafts? Would there be a weighting issue?
My set is a full set of shafts trimmed accordingly and Danny and I built this set.

Heads are all designed at the same weight vs a normal VL at 7g increments. The one set I built was all consistent that way minus manufacturing tolerances. If you’d prefer softer in wedges or the like you’d adjust accordingly. But overall the length, total weight, SW, and BP will all be the same.

Should just be the same shaft as the weighting should be consistent through the set.
Never thought about that. I have two shafts at home that are not built yet, I will weigh them be interesting to see what they do come in at

Never thought about that. I have two shafts at home that are not built yet, I will weigh them be interesting to see what they do come in at
No matter what they should be close if not the same plus or minus the tolerances as .355 shafts are typically constant weighted, and .370 are just cut from the raw blank to fit size and flex from a constant raw shaft.

@BigDill and to everyone in the THP community.

I recommend the following:

If they are tapered irons like our RECOIL DART 90/105 or our older models, order according to the head combination you are playing to get better launch conditions from 3 iron to wedge. If you play 5-PW, order 5-PW in the iron shafts and butt trim to playing length.

If you are using parallel blanks like our RECOIL 65/75, tip trim accordingly to the corresponding head.

Danny

@DannyLe will the 90/105's be available with Mizuno irons soon?

RECOIL 95 is the current custom no charge upgrade at this time.
Are you seeing a wider group of manufacturers using a broader selection of your products?

Every OEM is using RECOIL either in stock or custom program. By far the #1 choice in graphite iron shafts.
As it should be. They are fantastic.

@DannyLe finally in some graphite iron shafts and love them. The weight is perfect coming from Nippon 120’s, My question is It feels like the 105 F4 play a little on the higher side of stiff profile, would soft stepping 1 or 2 times help to maybe get that feel of closer to regular+ or stiff. Or would it be smarter to go 90 F3 to get that feel?

Going to go 90f4 on 5-9,PW,AW set 52*
And 105f4 softstepped for 56/60 wedges
That setup sounds so good.
OK bud give me your thoughts on your softstepped for your wedges.

Any of the reviewers try both weights? Are you seeing a difference in profile between the 90 and the 105 or is it just the weight difference?

These arrived. Looking forward to trying these out soon. Thanks for your help, @templeton80

Unknown-6.jpeg

Back