UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

After talking to @DannyLe the 105’s will be in my next set.

I am thankful @DannyLe recommended Dart 105F4 based on my past experience and enjoyment of Recoil 110F4. I think the Darts are a great fit for my ’24 Apex Pros.

The Darts look so good! This finish is great!

IMG_1042.jpeg

Love these shafts. Glad I gave them one more shot. The last couple weeks of weeks have been so good with them in.

I have Old Man F3 65 Darts in my current Apex irons. Easy to launch, good feedback.
I had F3 65 Recoils in my previous set and then got the F3 75 Dart Recoils in my Rogue ST Pro's and have loved them ever since.

I put the Dart 90 F4 in my irons and got them out for the first round today. I loved the feel and ball flight I was getting. I hit my irons the best I have in awhile. Looking forward to getting in a long weekend with these starting Friday

I really like the Recoil Darts. I have put them in my last 3 sets of irons, I have not received any for free i bought every one, i hope that says what i think of them. I seem to hit them so well and the dispersion is great.

It will be extremely hard for me to move away from these shafts no matter what irons I own. The feel and what they do for me is so good!

This winter weather sucks and is making me miss my Apex Pro + DART 105F4 combo! I’m looking forward to hitting them again.

I swung Dart 90 F4s again this weekend in some Ping Blueprint S irons. Great feel and it kinda made me miss the profile a bit. I still game my Recoil 95 F4s well and have for a couple of years but I'm getting a little nostalgic to get back in the Darts, maybe.

F3 90 soft stepped twice in a set of 2017 P790 heads.

79e70c334f7957eee98b3930f9f56418.jpg

Spicy ferrules, love it.

Spicy ferrules, love it.
Alright alright alright. King Tour irons reshafted with the dart 105f4. Picked em up yesterday but all the bays were full so I could not get any club on ball swings. When I was testing in just a 7i I loved the feel and smoothness of these. Relative to a couple other heavy graphite shafts these felt very smooth and easy to swing vs a couple that I felt just made me work too hard.
Excited to get on a sim later this week to see how they turn out.

Alright alright alright. King Tour irons reshafted with the dart 105f4. Picked em up yesterday but all the bays were full so I could not get any club on ball swings. When I was testing in just a 7i I loved the feel and smoothness of these. Relative to a couple other heavy graphite shafts these felt very smooth and easy to swing vs a couple that I felt just made me work too hard.
That is awesome. Such a great shaft. The stability and smoothness is incredible. Cant wait to hear how you get along with them.

I have the 105F4 as well and smooth and easy to swing is a great way to describe them.

So had my first real swings with these and am very happy with how they feel and what I was seeing. My move to graphite was purely from a preservation perspective. On the body. Status quo on all my numbers was all I needed. Mission accomplished. One nice benefit I noticed is that when I purposely got really fast in my transition it was better in minimizing the far left over draw miss I deal with. Does not stop it totally of course. That would be amazing bit help to keep that miss a little less left and make it not quite so bad. These are smooth and easy as said before. My next time out I will try to gather some trackman numbers in a true comparison to what I was getting vs old steel.

Going to do something fun….

IMG_6191.jpeg

Played a sim round tonight with the Darts and King Tour heads. Zero to not like about these shafts. They feel so smooth to swing. It was just a fun sim round with some buddies so I wasn’t really keeping track of performance but there was zero red flags that would give me hesitation that these may not work out for me.

Yes. I went from Nippon Modus 105 stiff to DART F4 105.
Was just searching and found this, although it's old, you might be able to help. I was fit into the Nippon Modus 105. How would you compare the Nippon to the Dart?

Was just searching and found this, although it's old, you might be able to help. I was fit into the Nippon Modus 105. How would you compare the Nippon to the Dart?
To me although I liked the Nippon, I didn't realize I couldn't really feel the head through the swing like I can with the DART. I can also feel the DART load, whereas I couldn't really feel that with the Nippon. I also see higher flight from the DART vs the NIPPON being more mid flight. Not knocking the Nippon at all because if I had to go back to a steel shaft, it's probably where I would end up again, but to me, the DART just feel like a smoother, higher launching shaft. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions. Be glad to answer. Just to be clear though, I did not have the Nippon in the new Apex Pro 24. Had them in my 21 Pros.

To me although I liked the Nippon, I didn't realize I couldn't really feel the head through the swing like I can with the DART. I can also feel the DART load, whereas I couldn't really feel that with the Nippon. I also see higher flight from the DART vs the NIPPON being more mid flight. Not knocking the Nippon at all because if I had to go back to a steel shaft, it's probably where I would end up again, but to me, the DART just feel like a smoother, higher launching shaft. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions. Be glad to answer. Just to be clear though, I did not have the Nippon in the new Apex Pro 24. Had them in my 21 Pros.
I would echo all these things. Pretty spot on in going from the Nippons to the Dart 105s for me. Ball flight for is pretty similar where I would say it was unremarkable.

Back