PackersGirl

2022 Grandaddy Alum
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you guys celebrate Valentine's Day? We used to get stuff for the kids but now that they're older, it really doesn't matter to them. @Davidhibler and I rarely go out to dinner for Valentine's Day, we're not a fan of crowded restaurants. This is just one of those "holidays" that we don't really do anything for. Are we alone in that? Do couples go all out? Do you just enjoy a night at home? Are you boring like us? 🤣

Last edited:
Wife is working nights. Saw her for 5 minutes this morning and that’ll be it for Valentine’s Day. I’ll have a card and flowers ready for her tonight.

I make my wife dinner, get her a card. That's about it.

Cards and candy. That's pretty much it.

My wife's birthday was yesterday, so that's usually the bigger deal.

My wife has a strong dislike for the day because in her words "it's forced and not natural" so while I am not dumb and usually get her a small something, I don't have to go all out or plan something big.

I learned a long time ago to do things throughout the year and not rely on a single day to show my appreciation. It's worked so far with us going on 21 years together and married for 14

My wife hates this holiday and sees it only as a money grab.
I let her know daily that I love her and do things throughout the year to make sure she is appreciated.

My wife and I have been married for 42 years. We stopped doing anything for Valentines Day, years ago.

My wife hates this holiday and sees it only as a money grab.
I let her know daily that I love her and do things throughout the year to make sure she is appreciated.
Exactly how we feel.

We will go out to dinner, I will get some flowers and a card. Might go buy her a printer so she can stop using mine.

the wife thinks flowers are stupid, and I cannot remember the last time I 'wasted my money' on those or a card hahaha

I may start buying her really dumb one dollar cards for things like this, just to see the eye roll.

Valentines day is stupid

We agreed a while back to not bother doing or buying anything.

My wife and I have always just stayed home and made dinner. We hate the busy restaurants, so we just make dinner at home. Where our oldest is now at that age where he understands holidays (3.5yrs) we have started celebrating and doing small fun things for him, but that and the fact I order her flowers in the middle of January to save on roses, that is all we do.

Lol.... She should be getting her surprise heart shaped pizza delivered to work in about an hour. I'm corny like that.

I got a card, balloon, and all 3 types of dark chocolate M & M's for my valentine. I am a romantic!!??

My wife and I have been married for 42 years. We stopped doing anything for Valentines Day, years ago.
It will be 43 years for us next month, but I still get her a card and a little something for Valentines Day. Which reminds me, gotta get to the store today at lunch, so it will be here for her when she gets home.

I have a grand romantic gesture planned this evening. I’m going to not only do dishes but also fold laundry at some point, after microwaving meal prep for my wife. It’s not everyday I get the chance to spoil her with such luxury, but she knows how much I adore her.

We typically just do cards and favorite candies. Wife has been out since last Wednesday visiting her mom who just broke her hip so I also snagged some flowers and working to have the house cleaned up from 1.5 and 3.5 yr old tornadoes for when she gets back tonight.

We will have a nice steak dinner. It is especially tough when it falls during the week. I think birthdays and anniversaries are bigger deals.

But Happy Valentine's Day THPers!

We got in a fight last night, so Valentines is cancelled. Potentially marriage as well.

Happy valentines day!

Do you guys celebrate Valentine's Day? We used to get stuff for the kids but now that they're older, it really doesn't matter to them. @Davidhibler and I rarely go out to dinner for Valentine's Day, we're not a fan of crowded restaurants. This is just one of those "holidays" that we don't really do anything for. Are we alone in that? Do couples go all out? Do you just enjoy a night at home? Are you boring like us? 🤣
No. We don't really go out now either, just because the restaurants are absolutely overcrowded. We send stuff to school for our daughter every year and I usually have an arrangement sent to the wife at work every year, but that's about it.

Back