I don’t have anything fancy, just an old beige/gold coloured Crown Royal felt bag. I store all kinds of stuff but predominantly ball markers, divot tools, loonies, toonies, bit of cash and other odd stuff.

Why do those deserve a separate bag?
You can never have enough bags within bags.

This thread has taught me many things. One of them being some people need better golf bags.

I keep my tees, divot tool, ball markers, etc. in the golf ball pocket of my bag, along with my golf balls. The pocket is big enough that all those small things would fall to the bottom of the bag and I'd be scrounging around digging through balls to fish them out if they were all loose in there. At the start of a round I unzip the ball pouch and take two golf balls out, then pull two tees (long and short) and my divot tool/ball marker out of the pouch, which is in the same bag pocket. My glove is usually in that bag pocket too, if it's not velcro'ed to the outside of my bag. They're all in the same place, so I don't have to dig through two or three pockets to pull out everything I need. OCD a little? Maybe. ;)

I'm actually thinking about adding a second pouch, for another bag pocket. In one of the lined top side pockets I keep sharpies, cigar cutter/lighters, a USB charging cord, lip balm, etc., and right now they're all just stuffed in a neoprene coozie. Once in a while when I open that pocket to grab something they've all fallen out of the coozie and are all jumbled around in there, and I have to dig around to find what I'm looking for. A zippered pouch would hold them all neatly. Bags within bags are tidy. :D

I'm actually thinking about adding a second pouch, for another bag pocket. In one of the lined top side pockets I keep sharpies, cigar cutter/lighters, a USB charging cord, lip balm, etc., and right now they're all just stuffed in a neoprene coozie. Once in a while when I open that pocket to grab something they've all fallen out of the coozie and are all jumbled around in there, and I have to dig around to find what I'm looking for. A zippered pouch would hold them all neatly. Bags within bags are tidy. :D

Arizonan nesting bags.

I have a couple.

1 is the bag that came from the airline for my first overseas flight. It reminds me of an awesome trip. I keep my keys and wallet in there during a round.

The other is the bag that came with my Edel repair tool. I keep tees in there.

Here's mine. A bit much on the markers, but they live safely there.

Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown-2.jpeg

This thread has taught me many things. One of them being some people need better golf bags.
One day I will buy the Golf Bag I really want. I just look at the price and think that $$$$ could be spent on my other Hobbies.

One day I will buy the Golf Bag I really want. I just look at the price and think that $$$$ could be spent on my other Hobbies.
I paid $119 for my Sun Mountain bag on closeout sale a couple years ago. It has a padded "valuables" pocket, a rangefinder pocket, insulated water bottle pocket and four other pockets of various shapes and sizes. You don't have to spend a whole lot of money to get a well made bag that will hold anything an amateur golfer could possibly need for a round of golf.

It always amazes me to see some of the bags in golf course (especially private club) pro shops that are functionally no different than your basic Sun Mountain or Hoofer but cost hundreds of dollars. Some of them look pretty and all but geez, it's a bag to hold your stuff while you play golf!

There are several comments about why a separate Pouch when there is a pocket on Bag for this very purpose.
In my case it's due to my 1st several Walking Bags did not have these so I used Zip locks so I didn't have to dig around. Later the little felt lined pocket was used for my Watch and Wallet, every thing else still went into Ziplock in separate pocket so not to scratch Watch face. Later when I got a GPS Watch it was still to easy to pull Pouch out while talking and take out my Fav Markers, Tees, Magnet, and premarket Balls instead of digging through the Bag pocket. This way I'm not trying to find what I need in all the crap I've collected. 😒

I paid $119 for my Sun Mountain bag on closeout sale a couple years ago. It has a padded "valuables" pocket, a rangefinder pocket, insulated water bottle pocket and four other pockets of various shapes and sizes. You don't have to spend a whole lot of money to get a well made bag that will hold anything an amateur golfer could possibly need for a round of golf.

It always amazes me to see some of the bags in golf course (especially private club) pro shops that are functionally no different than your basic Sun Mountain or Hoofer but cost hundreds of dollars. Some of them look pretty and all but geez, it's a bag to hold your stuff while you play golf!
This is what I'm liking... but that's a lot of Bourbon. 20220721_092440.jpg

Same as PhillyV one for tees and ball markers one for watch and keys .

I do not. No real.reason to have something else hanging off my bag
Mine is inside the bag, I agree have enough stuff hanging off it already haha

Mine is inside the bag, I agree have enough stuff hanging off it already haha
That is where mine is too. Right on bottom left side pocket

I have one with 3 little pockets. Holds tees, ball markers, a few balls and a divot tool.

I still use the actual one from the bag though for the stuff i put in my pockets when I'm not playing.

I have one that came with my Ogio Alpha cart bag. I actually put my valuables in it, like my watch and wallet.

I carry one from my first PGA event that I attended. Just tees and a ball with my late dad’s mark.

Courtesy of Titleist shortly after the TSR fitting. Have one from Pebble Beach with my travel set.
IMG_2394.jpeg

So an interesting follow-up question would be how many people who put their stuff in a "valuables" pouch have a brand name or logo of some kind prominently featured on the pouch?

I almost get the feeling it's like poker chips or other oversized ball markers. It's as much about what pictured or printed on the pouch (or poker chip) as it is about functionality.

The logo-ization of modern life continues apace.

Back