I'm for guns, but I'm not going to sit here and tell everyone to go out and get a gun, I know they're not for everyone. Why do people against guns insist on telling me to get rid of mine to be left defenseless like them?

Answer: Because the overwhelming majority are not asking you to go defenseless.

Why, why do people make the extreme case so often?

Answer: To make the opposing side look extremist when they are doing the same. Both are extremists.

Hey, here is one member of a band that was on stage in Las Vegas. He is emotional, as expected.

"One guitarist who played there said that the killings had changed his views on gun laws. The performer whose views had shifted — Caleb Keeter of the Josh Abbott Band, which was part of the weekend lineup in Las Vegas — said on Twitter on Monday that he had been “a proponent of the Second Amendment my entire life.” He added, “Until the events of last night.

Keeter added, "I cannot express how wrong I was.”

Yes, once you are the target, your views frequently change. It's human nature to go the other way after you are the target of a psycho, and his views may temper after a month or so. Still....

The argument that limiting guns would not have prevented this death may be true or not - who knows what would have happened if everyone got together and passed laws that protected gun owners and non-gun owners from ... guns. When people work together, they can do extraordinary things. When they bicker and argue and don't attempt to solve an issue or pretend an issue does not exist, nothing is done and people die. I guess the price of gun ownership is high, but not high enough to do anything to help solve the issue. Because it's an issue ... Noticed that gun co stocks went up yesterday ... seems to occur when people think gun control legislation might take effect. The NRA scared the heck out of people during the Obama years and gun sales soared. Such a free society ... just out of control.
If this part was directed at me then I apologize because I have mis-characterized my position. I am all for doing what we can to stop gun violence. But it needs to be something specific that has a reasonable probability of decreasing gun violence, not already be illegal, and not substantially hinder other people's 2nd Amendment rights. I sincerely ask people to make their suggestions and let's make things better. If the proposal meets my personal test I'll be right there with you advocating for it. But if it doesn't meet that test...

In the meantime, the better part of 600 hundred people's lives were changed for the worse yesterday. And I REALLY want to understand why. Otherwise law abiding old rich white guys who seemingly have solid interpersonal relationships with family (brother) and significant others (g/friend) don't just go on premeditated shooting rampages; there's always personal animus, mental health issues, political motivations or terrorism involved. What we know so far just makes no sense at all.

I think the line has to be drawn when it is evident that a single individual has an arsenal of weapons. I know nothing about guns but I heard the sound on tv of those shots. It was so rapid. I cant imagine you need that to down a deer. You are talking about hunting and self protection and as I have said I get it and respect your rights. But automatic weapons that can mow down people. Where are their rights.

Automatic weapons are already heavily regulated, most people who wish to use them for ill would not have the ability to obtain them. We don't yet know how this guy got his hands on them, legally, illegally, or by modifying a legal weapon. But this guy may be the evil doer who also had the means to get his hands on one legally.

Answer: Because the overwhelming majority are not asking you to go defenseless.

Why, why do people make the extreme case so often?

Answer: To make the opposing side look extremist when they are doing the same. Both are extremists.

Hey, here is one member of a band that was on stage in Las Vegas. He is emotional, as expected.

"One guitarist who played there said that the killings had changed his views on gun laws. The performer whose views had shifted — Caleb Keeter of the Josh Abbott Band, which was part of the weekend lineup in Las Vegas — said on Twitter on Monday that he had been “a proponent of the Second Amendment my entire life.” He added, “Until the events of last night.

Keeter added, "I cannot express how wrong I was.”

Yes, once you are the target, your views frequently change. It's human nature to go the other way after you are the target of a psycho, and his views may temper after a month or so. Still....

Well, that settles it. I've changed my mind. From now on instead of just hoping I never have to use a gun, now I'm going to not have one and REALLY hope I don't need one.

How many times have we seen stories of people who didn't have guns that then wished they had them?

There's one of those extreme views you are harping against. Remember, some people choose to be targets for the sake of others and do so on a daily basis.

Well, that settles it. I've changed my mind. From now on instead of just hoping I never have to use a gun, now I'm going to not have one and REALLY hope I don't need one.

How many times have we seen stories of people who didn't have guns that then wished they had them?

Did you read the post?

Let's stop being reactionary - (1) The overwhelming majority of people don't want law abiding, responsible citizens to give up their legal firearms; and (2)Keeter, the guy in the band, went through an emotional ordeal like the thousands of others during a massacre. One expects an emotional over-reaction before a rational balance is achieved.

But you were not in Vegas the other night, yet you seem over the top. You can keep your guns, but many of us want to band together to brainstorm solutions to an existing problem instead of saying, "Oh, well, mass killings are the price of the 2nd Amendment. Let's move along."

Tragedy took place.
THPers were right in the center of it.
THP Event was one of the most amazing weekends for these participants.

WHy are we talking about gun control and ****ing nonsense?
FWIW, I agree with a lot of both sides of this, but is this the place? When checking on the safety of THPers who were there at the event?

Automatic weapons are already heavily regulated, most people who wish to use them for ill would not have the ability to obtain them. We don't yet know how this guy got his hands on them, legally, illegally, or by modifying a legal weapon. But this guy may be the evil doer who also had the means to get his hands on one legally.

We do know. A couple local gun shops have already stated that he had bought some of these weapons from them legally. But... they weren't autos when he bought them. He had converted them to auto.

I agree with the 2nd amendment just as much as any other gun owner. But I have always said and will always say that there is no reason a civilian needs an automatic weapon. Conversion kits for these things are way too easy to get.

Tragedy took place.

FWIW, I agree with a lot of both sides of this, but is this the place? When checking on the safety of THPers who were there at the event?

Agree with this.

Tragedy took place.

I had some really close friends that were at that concert. Fortunately none of them were injured. I don't see this a nonsense.

We do know. A couple local gun shops have already stated that he had bought some of these weapons from them legally. But... they weren't autos when he bought them. He had converted them to auto.

I agree with the 2nd amendment just as much as any other gun owner. But I have always said and will always say that there is no reason a civilian needs an automatic weapon. Conversion kits for these things are way too easy to get.

Do we? I haven't seen it released exactly which guns were used, or which had been converted to automatic. I would honestly love a link with that information, but I haven't found it yet. We do know that he purchased many guns legally.

I had some really close friends that were at that concert. Fortunately none of them were injured. I don't see this a nonsense.

I respect that, but talking about gun control and bickering back and forth in a thread asking if THPers were okay while at ground zero of a tragedy during a THP Event seems a bit off.
We offer the debate room for now, for those that want to talk about politics and things such as this.

Tragedy took place.

^^^^^^^^^^^ Thank you.

We offer the debate room for now,

Sounds ominous. This is the only forum I know of that has such a room. Although I disagree with 80% of what’s written in there, I for one, hope it stays. Sorry, back to subject........

#FiberLaunch

Tragedy took place.

Agree wholeheartedly that the discussion of gun rights should be left out of this thread and moved to another thread. This thread was for the wellbeing of those that may or may not have been affected. It has been determined that all are accounted for and well. I have opinions on the subject and may decide to voice them, but not in this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all i can do is express is my absolute sympathy for the families and the American people with this evil atrocity, its evil in its purest form backed up by a gun easily obtained, families will suffer, for years, a nation mourns ... and peope are discussing about if its on topic

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Many have reached out to me in the days after to check on me and my family. Thank you. I just want to say that this past few weeks here in this town has been filled with much sadness. However, it was also filled with much love. To see how this town got together and bonded is unbelievable. I'm proud to call Vegas my home. The lines for blood donation in the hours and days after the tragedy have been overwhelming. Still plenty of folks donating. I recently donated and have to wait until next week before I'm eligible to donate again.

I understand all the talk about guns and yes, there are two sides. I however have decided not to debate the issue but rather continue to support this town...because we are #VEGASSTRONG

Hey everyone. Many have reached out to me in the days after to check on me and my family. Thank you. I just want to say that this past few weeks here in this town has been filled with much sadness. However, it was also filled with much love. To see how this town got together and bonded is unbelievable. I'm proud to call Vegas my home. The lines for blood donation in the hours and days after the tragedy have been overwhelming. Still plenty of folks donating. I recently donated and have to wait until next week before I'm eligible to donate again.

I understand all the talk about guns and yes, there are two sides. I however have decided not to debate the issue but rather continue to support this town...because we are #VEGASSTRONG

Well said!!!! Marco is one of the many great guys in this forum and I hope you have the pleasure of playing 18 with him as I did earlier this year. Hope to see you again soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back