Vessel Golf Player Stand Bag Review

Looking for some more info on these...Currently they have 20% off coupon. Between the Sunday Carry, Lite Stand, and Player Stand 2.0 is there really a difference in about 2lbs for a carry bag?

I currently have a Sun Mountain C130 cart bag and TM Flextech Lite bag. Ive carried the Sun Mountain plenty of times and it is more of a hassle than the TM bag, but I think thats mainly bc of having 1 strap vs 2...and also I put much more crap in the sun mountain bag since it has the room. I think theres a difference of just over 3lbs in bag weight, but the Sun Mountain is definitely heavier overall bc of the crap I have in it (2 boxes of balls, rain gear, a pullover.....)

So can anyone compare the Vessel Lite stand bag vs the Player Stand 2.0??? Would a 1lb difference in bags stop you from buying the Player Stand 2.0 as your carry bag? I know the quality is top notch for the bags, im just interested in the weight since it looks like I'll be carrying my bag most of this year. I would be buying the protective cart strap also since I plan on using it for a cart eventually and probably sell my Sun Mountain bag.

Looking for some more info on these...Currently they have 20% off coupon. Between the Sunday Carry, Lite Stand, and Player Stand 2.0 is there really a difference in about 2lbs for a carry bag?

I currently have a Sun Mountain C130 cart bag and TM Flextech Lite bag. Ive carried the Sun Mountain plenty of times and it is more of a hassle than the TM bag, but I think thats mainly bc of having 1 strap vs 2...and also I put much more crap in the sun mountain bag since it has the room. I think theres a difference of just over 3lbs in bag weight, but the Sun Mountain is definitely heavier overall bc of the crap I have in it (2 boxes of balls, rain gear, a pullover.....)

So can anyone compare the Vessel Lite stand bag vs the Player Stand 2.0??? Would a 1lb difference in bags stop you from buying the Player Stand 2.0 as your carry bag? I know the quality is top notch for the bags, im just interested in the weight since it looks like I'll be carrying my bag most of this year. I would be buying the protective cart strap also since I plan on using it for a cart eventually and probably sell my Sun Mountain bag.

I own a Player Stand 2.0. I have not seen either the Lite or Sunday Carry in person. To me, a lb. or two make a difference in how I feel at the end of a round. If I am carrying, I have a Sun Mountain 2.5 that makes such a difference to carry. That being said, I see quite a few advantages with the Player Stand 2.0. I really like the 6 way top. I put driver, 3 wood and putter in the top section, three wedges in the bottom and two clubs in the other four. It keeps things very organized and easy to pull and replace clubs. The synthetic leather seems like it will last forever. I have not seen the nylon material used in the other bags, so I can’t comment. Tough choice...

I think I you will like the Cobra bag you will get as a Morgan Cup participant. I liked mine until some dude hit it going high speed with his golf cart.

Last edited:
I'm waiting on the black Lite Stand to come back in stock and will order one that day. I've been wearing holes in bags frequently and just want to go in a different direction, so Vessel it is. Plus, they look great.

I own a Player Stand 2.0. I have not seen either the Lite or Sunday Carry in person. To me, a lb. or two make a difference in how I feel at the end of a round. If I am carrying, I have a Sun Mountain 2.5 that makes such a difference to carry. That being said, I see quite a few advantages with the Player Stand 2.0. I really lie the 6 way top. I put driver, 3 wood and putter in the top section, three wedges in the bottom and two clubs in the other four. It keeps things very organized and easy to pull and replace clubs. The synthetic leather seems like it will last forever. I have not seen the nylon material used in the other bags, so I can’t comment. Tough choice...

I think I you will like the Cobra bag you will get as a Morgan Cup participant. I liked mine until some dude hit it going high speed with his golf cart.
Have you waked with the Player Stand 2.0??

Its definitely looks nice enough and im sure will last a very long time if I decide to use it as a cart bag. Im waiting on the Cobra bag to come and would use that as a primary carry also. My Sun Mountain is in phenomenal shape honestly, but I do think its just too big and by habit I stuff more crap in it than I actually need. I ride in a cart every Saturday/sunday and usually leave my bag in the car. Monday or Tuesday ill stop at the course and forget its still my cart bag when I feel like walking. During the week when its less crowded I like to walk 9 holes

I totally forgot, my iron shafts are 15g lighter this year so that should help a ton too!

Last edited:
I'm waiting on the black Lite Stand to come back in stock and will order one that day. I've been wearing holes in bags frequently and just want to go in a different direction, so Vessel it is. Plus, they look great.

Im actually considering that black camo lite stand bag. Im not a camo person but it looks very very subtle. With the Mothers day coupon right now I think im gonna pull the trigger today. Makes a big difference in the price

Have you waked with the Player Stand 2.0??

Its definitely looks nice enough and im sure will last a very long time if I decide to use it as a cart bag. Im waiting on the Cobra bag to come and would use that as a primary carry also. My Sun Mountain is in phenomenal shape honestly, but I do think its just too big and by habit I stuff more crap in it than I actually need. I ride in a cart every Saturday/sunday and usually leave my bag in the car. Monday or Tuesday ill stop at the course and forget its still my cart bag when I feel like walking. During the week when its less crowded I like to walk 9 holes

I walk with the Player Stand 2.0 all the time, but it’s in a push cart or my electric cart, LOL. I have carried it for 9 holes. It is well balanced and the straps are comfortable. At 59 years of age, I just don’t want to carry a bag over 4.5 lbs for more than 9 holes. My back with 2 herniated disks won’t hold up for a golf swing. It did fine for 9 holes. However, personally, if I were walking and carrying, I would find something in that 4.5 lbs or lighter. I love the Sun Mountain 4.5. I know that’s not what you’re asking, though.

I own a Player Stand 2.0. I have not seen either the Lite or Sunday Carry in person. To me, a lb. or two make a difference in how I feel at the end of a round. If I am carrying, I have a Sun Mountain 2.5 that makes such a difference to carry. That being said, I see quite a few advantages with the Player Stand 2.0. I really lie the 6 way top. I put driver, 3 wood and putter in the top section, three wedges in the bottom and two clubs in the other four. It keeps things very organized and easy to pull and replace clubs. The synthetic leather seems like it will last forever. I have not seen the nylon material used in the other bags, so I can’t comment. Tough choice...

I agree that a pound or two makes a difference over 18 holes. I have a Stitch SL2 which weighs 4 pounds and a SM Swift which is 2.5 pounds and I feel fresher after the round when carrying the Swift. Personally I like the smaller size in a carry bag. The Vessel Sunday 2.0 would be a bag I would be interested in if it weighed 3 pounds.

Im actually considering that black camo lite stand bag. Im not a camo person but it looks very very subtle. With the Mothers day coupon right now I think im gonna pull the trigger today. Makes a big difference in the price

They run the 20% coupon frequently.

I agree that a pound or two makes a difference over 18 holes. I have a Stitch SL2 which weighs 4 pounds and a SM Swift which is 2.5 pounds and I feel fresher after the round when carrying the Swift. Personally I like the smaller size in a carry bag. The Vessel Sunday 2.0 would be a bag I would be interested in if it weighed 3 pounds.
The SL2 is the other bag on my radar. Do you find it to have enough space/storage??

They run the 20% coupon frequently.
Ok thanks, good to know!.... This is maybe the 2nd time ive ever visited the Vessel site. With walking in the future for the next month or probably most of the year I thought id upgrade my bag

Last edited:
The SL2 is the other bag on my radar. Do you find it to have enough space/storage??

I find that it does but I don't carry much. You can carry a jacket in the long pocket on the side. It isn't roomy but it has enough stuff for me to carry for a full round.

I own a Player Stand 2.0. I have not seen either the Lite or Sunday Carry in person. To me, a lb. or two make a difference in how I feel at the end of a round. If I am carrying, I have a Sun Mountain 2.5 that makes such a difference to carry. That being said, I see quite a few advantages with the Player Stand 2.0. I really like the 6 way top. I put driver, 3 wood and putter in the top section, three wedges in the bottom and two clubs in the other four. It keeps things very organized and easy to pull and replace clubs. The synthetic leather seems like it will last forever. I have not seen the nylon material used in the other bags, so I can’t comment. Tough choice...

also curious, why do you prefer the 6 way top vs the 14??... I know I dont like the 4 way top in my TM bag. It seems on the smaller side to hold 14 clubs when I use it to walk....

but for the stand 2.0 I feel like the 14 way top would be nice having 1 club per slot

also curious, why do you prefer the 6 way top vs the 14??... I know I dont like the 4 way top in my TM bag. It seems on the smaller side to hold 14 clubs when I use it to walk....

but for the stand 2.0 I feel like the 14 way top would be nice having 1 club per slot

Could be... I don’t know if the opening is big enough to service 14, but you may be right. I haven’t seen the bag in a 14 way.

My only remaining advice would be to wait until you get your Morgan Cup bag before deciding that you need another carry bag. Those lite stand bags are pretty nice. Vessel does the sale enough that you could always circle back.

Could be... I don’t know if the opening is big enough to service 14, but you may be right. I haven’t seen the bag in a 14 way.

My only remaining advice would be to wait until you get your Morgan Cup bag before deciding that you need another carry bag. Those lite stand bags are pretty nice. Vessel does the sale enough that you could always circle back.
Very true.. Youre talking a lot of sense in to me and probably saving me $300!! haha. Patience isn't my strong trait

Thanks for all the input!

Very true.. Youre talking a lot of sense in to me and probably saving me $300!! haha. Patience isn't my strong trait

Thanks for all the input!

That isn’t going to help the economy. Go buy a new bag and help spend us out of the Quarantine down turn.

That isn’t going to help the economy. Go buy a new bag and help spend us out of the Quarantine down turn.

hahaha love this!!! if theres anything else you think I need, please dont hesitate to let me know

I ended up ordering a bag yesterday!! anyone have some tips on how to keep them clean or protected??? Ive never let any of my bags look like crap anyways, but ive never used anything to protect them.

With this investment, and especially being a white bag, I dont wanna take any chances....Scotchgard alone has Leather/suede/nubuck protector, Heavy Duty Water shield, Water and Sun shield, Fabric and Upholstery protector, FabricWater shield.

Kiwi has All-Weatherproof Spray, Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellant, Camp Dry Fabric Protector

So I have no idea if theres any difference in any of them

I ended up ordering a bag yesterday!! anyone have some tips on how to keep them clean or protected??? Ive never let any of my bags look like crap anyways, but ive never used anything to protect them.

With this investment, and especially being a white bag, I dont wanna take any chances....Scotchgard alone has Leather/suede/nubuck protector, Heavy Duty Water shield, Water and Sun shield, Fabric and Upholstery protector, FabricWater shield.

Kiwi has All-Weatherproof Spray, Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellant, Camp Dry Fabric Protector

There you go way to keep the economy going.

Others have said that these just need a wipe down. No weatherproofing needed.

Just ordered this one! 2-4 week lead time with embroidery
8E634F33-70C0-43C9-BE0C-D829EFFBEC36.jpeg06FE736E-50C3-40C6-9B88-07952E6AAE8D.jpeg

how important is the cart strap add on with these guys?

Thinking of ordering player III in black. Love the iridium but think it could get dirty. To the untrained eye it might look somewhat like my Ogio. Not to draw suspicion if you know what I mean. Lol

Back