Vinyl Collectors?

I restored my dads old turntable and as a result he grabs me a few records each Christmas. Anyone has any recommendations?

I restored my dads old turntable and as a result he grabs me a few records each Christmas. Anyone has any recommendations?
What turntable? My Pioneer PL-512 has a Technics backup waiting to come over

What turntable? My Pioneer PL-512 has a Technics backup waiting to come over
I’ll go look tonight, not sure off-hand. It was fun diggin into the guys to get it to work again. The belt had dried out, snapped, and bits has gotten into the e mechanics.

I’ll go look tonight, not sure off-hand. It was fun diggin into the guys to get it to work again. The belt had dried out, snapped, and bits has gotten into the e mechanics.
DM if you want help on this stuff, my guy does some beautiful work and can help you out. Usually belts and needle get most tt's back to sounding amazing

DM if you want help on this stuff, my guy does some beautiful work and can help you out. Usually belts and needle get most tt's back to sounding amazing
Much appreciated. It’s good at the moment, the needle needs some love but I just haven’t gotten around to it.

******* right this is happening next:

6E41E66B-0C0A-42AE-A940-5A46584BADCA.jpeg

The turner man, not seen that before!
Yeah, U-turn audio, freaking EXCELLENT tables with a solid cartridge. Not top of the line, but makes this audiophile happy. Running through an Onkyo HU into ELAC speakers

Yeah, U-turn audio, freaking EXCELLENT tables with a solid cartridge. Not top of the line, but makes this audiophile happy. Running through an Onkyo HU into ELAC speakers
My current setup is Pioneer old school, PL-512 turntable, SX-424 receiver through a pair of HPM-40 speakers, old or older than me through the line.

My current setup is Pioneer old school, PL-512 turntable, SX-424 receiver through a pair of HPM-40 speakers, old or older than me through the line.
Love it.

Im constantly watching yard sales for some speakers which people are clueless to what they’ve got. I’ve been damn close a few times.

Love it.

Im constantly watching yard sales for some speakers which people are clueless to what they’ve got. I’ve been damn close a few times.
Yard sales and estate sales, I need to target those. Golf and vinyl finds if you're patient

I still have about 450 or so that I acquired mostly before and during my stint in the army in the late 80s. Still have some of the playing equipment I bought back then too. Technics rack mount parametric EQ and a preamp, and a Phase Linear 400 power amp. Don’t have the turntable any more tho. At some point I may get a new table and set it up, and dig out those discs. They’re in cubicle storage in the closet in my den. Some classical, some rock, mostly jazz.

Finally have things set up again now that the man-cave is re-done. Springsteen ‘79 No Nukes Concert is on the docket while I put covers on the new racks.

View attachment 9132855
That’s a u-turn Orbit. Love to find out what you think of it. Been thinking about getting one of those.

That’s a u-turn Orbit. Love to find out what you think of it. Been thinking about getting one of those.

Nothing better new at tha lt price point. They've owned that market for almost a decade.

Yup, it is indeed. I love it. The bang for the buck is there but the cartridge and arm that come with it is solid. Paired with a good amp and speakers, it’s a fantastic all around table.

Yup, it is indeed. I love it. The bang for the buck is there but the cartridge and arm that come with it is solid. Paired with a good amp and speakers, it’s a fantastic all around table.
Which cart did you get?

Love it.

So true! I’ve got two sets of GREAT speakers from garage sales. My last buy was a pair of blonde Mission M71’s for $20.

Back