Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

The gadgets place treated me right. The USPS messed up my shipping and they sent a second one no questions asked and dealt with the USPS on their end. Definitely recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took mine out for the second time today. Highly enjoyed it again, but also ran into the same issues with the AW, PW, 9, and 8 irons. For whatever reason my device just is quite a bit off with these clubs, but then it is very accurate starting right around my 7 iron, 6 iron, hybrids, woods, driver etc. Makes no sense to me. Am considering emailing the company about the issue to see if they will give any feedback.

I did use it to conduct a driver test on the range. Put my Titleist 913D2 up against the new Big Bertha. Distances were almost identical, averaging right around 240-245 carry but their attributes quite different. My swing speed with Bertha was several mph faster, probably due to slightly longer shaft, but smash factor was higher with Titleist. Ball speeds very similar as well. I did find Bertha to be slightly more forgiving on mishits. and a slightly flatter ballflight.

Definitely one of the coolest things to be able to do yourself on the range with this device tho and see teh results instantly. Had a blast doing it.

Took mine out for the second time today. Highly enjoyed it again, but also ran into the same issues with the AW, PW, 9, and 8 irons. For whatever reason my device just is quite a bit off with these clubs, but then it is very accurate starting right around my 7 iron, 6 iron, hybrids, woods, driver etc. Makes no sense to me. Am considering emailing the company about the issue to see if they will give any feedback.
I experienced that with the PW, I think. But as I reflect on this, it is only full swings...it measure the Pelz partial swing distances great. Definitely a head scratcher.

I emailed the company about it. I'll let ya know what they say. It really makes no sense to me, especially since it seems to be so accurate for many of the other longer distance clubs.

I did use it to conduct a driver test on the range. Put my Titleist 913D2 up against the new Big Bertha. Distances were almost identical, averaging right around 240-245 carry but their attributes quite different. My swing speed with Bertha was several mph faster, probably due to slightly longer shaft, but smash factor was higher with Titleist. Ball speeds very similar as well. I did find Bertha to be slightly more forgiving on mishits. and a slightly flatter ballflight.

Definitely one of the coolest things to be able to do yourself on the range with this device tho and see teh results instantly. Had a blast doing it.

I experienced that with the PW, I think. But as I reflect on this, it is only full swings...it measure the Pelz partial swing distances great. Definitely a head scratcher.
I hope (really looks like rain here) to get back to the range with mine tonight and give it a thorough work-over with all of my clubs. Curious to see if I have some of these issues as well.

I hope (really looks like rain here) to get back to the range with mine tonight and give it a thorough work-over with all of my clubs. Curious to see if I have some of these issues as well.

If you decide to go, let me know. I'll meet you

Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

HI
Been following this thread for a while. Was going to buy An ES14 but with all the templates and playing around I bought the SC100 for an offer of $225 off gadgetsforgolf yesterday. One thing I noticed with ES14 was you had to adjust the angle up or down depending on what loft of clubs you are using. The face angle might have to be adjusted a little for the higher lofted clubs??
Just an idea mine won't be in for a bit and 3 feet of snow here yet!! You can see the template here

Newman

Edit: removed link

As someone else previously mentioned, it is definitely an eye catcher at the range too. Had 4 different people come up to me and ask me about it and then watch me take swings etc. That doesnt bother me at all, but could see how it might bother some. Luckily no el jozels found me today with any watchers.

I am curious to see if you run into this issue also. The wedges are the clubs that I want to work with the most with this. I want to get my carry yardage with each swing, and each club at this end of the bag. If the SC100 has an issue picking these up, then I may have to think about this a little more.

I am curious to see if you run into this issue also. The wedges are the clubs that I want to work with the most with this. I want to get my carry yardage with each swing, and each club at this end of the bag. If the SC100 has an issue picking these up, then I may have to think about this a little more.

I use my wedges only with it 95% of the time in the target modes FWIW. I laser distances and set the SC100 to that distance and then go to work, the numbers have been nothing but accurate for me.

really thinking about this one, has any lefty tried it? i'm wondering if the different club bath will alter the club speed readings...

bumping this, anyone?

I use my wedges only with it 95% of the time in the target modes FWIW. I laser distances and set the SC100 to that distance and then go to work, the numbers have been nothing but accurate for me.
Laser. I have my laser in the bag with hopes of really testing those distances. The tee boxes move up and back at my grass range, but the signs never move, so how do you know if that 100 yards is really 100 yards?

All of a sudden the sun is shining and I'll be headed out.

Laser. I have my laser in the bag with hopes of really testing those distances. The tee boxes move up and back at my grass range, but the signs never move, so how do you know if that 100 yards is really 100 yards?

All of a sudden the sun is shining and I'll be headed out.

Let us know how it goes. Definitely take a close look at the AW and PW. For me those are the biggest discrepancies. Wondering if I have some sort of a defective unit or if I need to be setting it up differently or something.

This is good info. Thanks James.

I emailed Voice Caddie with my concerns. Here is what they directly responded with. Thought I should share

Hi ****,

We recently found out that SC100 tend to read around 10yards short when used with old range balls, mostly with shorter irons.

Our technicians are trying to figure out why, but mostly like it has to do with the impact of the ball.

If you could test it at the range with better quality balls and tell me the results, it would help us a lot.

Thanks and please contact us for any question or concern.

Voice Caddie Support.

That would explain why I've had no issues, our range balls are pretty nice.

That would explain why I've had no issues, our range balls are pretty nice.

Definitely could be a key factor in it. The ones I have been using are terrible. Now that its warmer here, I am going to bring this out onto the course and hit real balls with it and see how it does. Just seems very odd that it would only effect shorter clubs so much. but that has definitely been the case with me all along. its extremely accurate even with terrible balls on longer clubs. I give them credit for acknowledging it.

Well you did it to me again THP!

I've submitted an offer to "gadgets4golf" who seems to be the only one willing to ship to Canada. We'll see...

Finally had to replace the batteries in mine. I figure I got about 12 hours out of the first ones. Not too shabby at all!

Here's some thoughts on how its working:

The most common misread I get is when I take a big divot in the wet driving range grass. I think the SC100 tracks the divot after contact instead of the ball once in a while. Not a big deal and it happens pretty rarely.

I'm experiencing some of the same yardage reading shortages with my PW that others have noticed. But my SW distances are spot on which has led me to this theory: I think their calculations for the PW (and maybe the AW) launch might be based on more of a player's iron launch characteristics than the PW many of us play. I hit my PW very high, so the ball speed that its measuring is less than if I was launching my PW lower with say a traditional muscle back style PW. This could certainly cause an underestimation in carry distance. Would be curious to find out what Swing Caddie has picked as the launch angle and spin rate for calculating PW carry distance.

Still loving hitting driver with this device. Continues to confirm that technique and tempo equals swing speed and ball speed, not swinging like a gorilla.

I'm not going to get a chance to post up all that happened on the range tonight, but thought this one was...funny.

https://vine.co/v/M5enzWhWwr2

I don't want that vine to be taken out of context. From the very beginning, I've thought this thing has been very accurate. But this one was obviously in error--on a terribly topped ball.

I have a few pics to upload, and a more descriptive review coming once I get to my desktop.

I don't want that vine to be taken out of context. From the very beginning, I've thought this thing has been very accurate. But this one was obviously in error--on a terribly topped ball.

I have a few pics to upload, and a more descriptive review coming once I get to my desktop.

That comment was tongue-in-cheek
It does make me wonder though. Does this actually measure ball speed, or calculate?

That comment was tongue-in-cheek
It does make me wonder though. Does this actually measure ball speed, or calculate?

Its a doppler sensor. It reads both the club speed and the ball speed, the smash is calculated from that.

Its a doppler sensor. It reads both the club speed and the ball speed, the smash is calculated from that.

I suppose any electronic device can glitch once in a while. I'll probably end up with one of these this year. Really like having numbers.

Back