Volvik Vista 3 Prism 360 Golf Ball Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Volvik is a renowned brand known for its unique and vibrant designs. However, their focus is not only on aesthetics but also on providing high-performance golf balls that cater to the needs of golfers of all levels. If you want to learn more about Volvik, you can check out their brand story here. But since you’re already here, keep reading this one first. Recently, Volvik launched the Vista 3 Prism 360 golf ball, which continues its legacy of delivering character to the game while ensuring exceptional performance.

Continue reading...

I liked the article @ddec

The ball performed about how I'd expect it to based on what I've seen from the other surlyn balls. You make up for some of that lost partial wedge spin with launch, and some you just learn to play around. 25 yards of height on that short of a shot is still going to stop pretty fast.

I like the visual tech. Would probably be a bigger fan of a single color blend like the special edition. How does the multicolor look when you're rolling putts? Pretty cool I would assume.

I appreciate the write ups about the Volvik balls. I have never played a Volvik so I am interested in learning about all their current offerings. Although I do like alignment aids, I’m not certain that I would like the multi colored one here.

• Staff
I liked the article @ddec

The ball performed about how I'd expect it to based on what I've seen from the other surlyn balls. You make up for some of that lost partial wedge spin with launch, and some you just learn to play around. 25 yards of height on that short of a shot is still going to stop pretty fast.

I like the visual tech. Would probably be a bigger fan of a single color blend like the special edition. How does the multicolor look when you're rolling putts? Pretty cool I would assume.
It does look pretty cool when putting. Like an old school kaleidoscope. It certainly gives a good impression on how pure your roll is.

I did some ST+ testing with it again yesterday and did 3 shots with it, then 3 shots with Condor, and just kept alternating. It’s amazing how much extra launch this thing gets on those shots. I hit the top of my net a couple of times and I’m not far away from it.

It does look pretty cool when putting. Like an old school kaleidoscope. It certainly gives a good impression on how pure your roll is.

I did some ST+ testing with it again yesterday and did 3 shots with it, then 3 shots with Condor, and just kept alternating. It’s amazing how much extra launch this thing gets on those shots. I hit the top of my net a couple of times and I’m not far away from it.
You know, before I had a chance to hit so many balls on a launch monitor I didn't really grasp just how different golf balls can be, especially with launch angle.

• Staff
You know, before I had a chance to hit so many balls on a launch monitor I didn't really grasp just how different golf balls can be, especially with launch angle.
It’s absolutely crazy right? Think about how many stew over which shaft because they are looking for a certain launch and spin profile, when just swapping the golf ball could be the difference maker.

It’s absolutely crazy right? Think about how many stew over which shaft because they are looking for a certain launch and spin profile, when just swapping the golf ball could be the difference maker.
I've found myself defaulting to ball on almost every "I need more x" post I read lol.

• Staff
I've found myself defaulting to ball on almost every "I need more x" post I read lol.
I’m just going to start quoting those members and say “enter Hawk with a message about checking out a new golf ball”

It’s just flat out true though. So far this year I’ve hit on the monitor, 3 different Volvik models, 2 new Callaway balls, now getting into a Tour B RXS. They don’t all pump out the same characteristics…the ball matters.

I’m just going to start quoting those members and say “enter Hawk with a message about checking out a new golf ball”

It’s just flat out true though. So far this year I’ve hit on the monitor, 3 different Volvik models, 2 new Callaway balls, now getting into a Tour B RXS. They don’t all pump out the same characteristics…the ball matters.
So, similar compression here to the Condor X, right? Probably a bit more click though?

How'd they compare in driver distance for you?

Interesting. Great writeup!
I’m not sure id want super high launch, but I may try them to try out that visual tech

So, similar compression here to the Condor X, right? Probably a bit more click though?

How'd they compare in driver distance for you?
Top of my head the X gave me the most spin on the driver. Distance compared to this was right in line, both just over 230 carry on that day(muscle man). Condor was the longest, Vista and Condor X tied for 2nd.

Good stuff @ddec

I like everything that Volvik and the rainbow balls are sweet looking.

Interesting to see the lower spin with the wedges though, not sure how I feel about that.

Good stuff @ddec

I like everything that Volvik and the rainbow balls are sweet looking.

Interesting to see the lower spin with the wedges though, not sure how I feel about that.
the thing about it off the wedge is that it feels like it jumps high immediately.

I mentioned being surprised. I'll have to find my data sheet, I know I have it. I took I want to say 7-8 swings with one and thought I was doing something F'd up. Switched at that time to a Chrome Tour for 2-3 swings and the numbers were back where I'd consider normal. Back to this one and high launch low spin numbers were back.

the thing about it off the wedge is that it feels like it jumps high immediately.

I mentioned being surprised. I'll have to find my data sheet, I know I have it. I took I want to say 7-8 swings with one and thought I was doing something F'd up. Switched at that time to a Chrome Tour for 2-3 swings and the numbers were back where I'd consider normal. Back to this one and high launch low spin numbers were back.
I like the higher launching aspect of it, I guess if you launch higher the need for spin with a wedge isnt AS necessary, but it sure is fun when they spin a bit more for me.

I think these are pretty fun. That SW spin is off-putting at first glance, but the increase in launch angle is interesting. Confusing and intriguing haha

I think these are pretty fun. That SW spin is off-putting at first glance, but the increase in launch angle is interesting. Confusing and intriguing haha

now you understand lol
I don't know what it is about the cover, but it feels like there is no grab at all off the wedges. Ball just slides up and gives that high launch...and it's a noticeable feeling.

I did get a question earlier asking me what wedges I tried these with...and the answer is several. With the bottom two being brand new.

RTX6 54 and 60
RTX Full-Face 2 56
redacted 56 and 60

now you understand lol
I don't know what it is about the cover, but it feels like there is no grab at all off the wedges. Ball just slides up and gives that high launch...and it's a noticeable feeling.
haha, now I want to try them more and less simultaneously :ROFLMAO:

haha, now I want to try them more and less simultaneously :ROFLMAO:
it's a riddle wrapped in an enigma draped in rainbow colors. What's not to love?

Interesting read.

I've played around with these a bunch and they're about what I expected in terms of performance. And similar to what @ddec mentioned. Bit lower spin on the partial stuff.

I do tend to find it interesting that there's a sweet spot for me with these types of balls where they perform about the same as most I play. It's in the full __ wedge to 9 iron range from about 110 to 165. Really can't tell too much. Here's a gap wedge.

1000061418.jpg

And then they get a little lower spinning compared to what I play again after that.

Fun colors and alignment in these and I do plan to have a league day involving them.

Love the donation to be made for breast cancer awareness.

The color scheme is kinda busy but not horrible I guess. Seems like something I need to see in person to really appreciate.

1000061422.jpg

Forgot I did an actual rundown. Think this was coming off the calf tear so took it pretty easy but gives an idea of them for me.

Back