Volvo World Match Play

haha, yeah. There are those moments when the players look more mortal. I think it might also be partly a result of seeing more shots than the regular tournament coverage shows. I like this format for that alone. Lots of guys looking in bushes for their ball.

Yah plus i think they try a lot of shots they wouldn't in stroke play. Worst thing that can happen is you lose the hole. Doesn't matter if you put up a 12 or 3 if the other guy has a lower number.

Yah plus i think they try a lot of shots they wouldn't in stroke play. Worst thing that can happen is you lose the hole. Doesn't matter if you put up a 12 or 3 if the other guy has a lower number.

That's a good point. There's a lot of mental game in matchplay which makes it interesting to watch.

I thought the final was awful. Like 1 birdie between both guys. I know a lot of that was the conditions but it wasn't a lot of fun to watch.

I thought the final was awful. Like 1 birdie between both guys. I know a lot of that was the conditions but it wasn't a lot of fun to watch.

I thought the conditions made it even tougher for GMac to compete. He was playing par 4s he couldn't reach in 2.

I thought the conditions made it even tougher for GMac to compete. He was playing par 4s he couldn't reach in 2.

Yeah dude, that course was long. I'm surprised he took it to 18. He should be proud. It just wasn't very much fun to watch, that's all.

Yeah dude, that course was long. I'm surprised he took it to 18. He should be proud. It just wasn't very much fun to watch, that's all.

I'm with you. The semi finals in particular seemed to take an absolute age to complete. Think the course might have played a part in that. No way I'd want to play that course on holiday.

I didn't get to watch much of the tournament this past weekend, but I watched last year's event, and that course looks brutal to play. If the pros struggle that much, why would any regular golfer want to go play there?

He couldn't reach them because he was duffing the ball like a 24 handicap (erm erm, me). McDowell was having a bad day, and I think that any other day, Colsaerts would've been lucky to take it to the 16th. Kudos to him though, he was he better player on the day

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

Back